I just won Burger King "King of Atlantis" Sweepstakes!

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Dear Parent (WTF?),

Great News! We're writing to let you know that your child is a potential prize-winner in the BURGER KING® "KING OF ATLANTIS" SWEEPSTAKES. As a potential prize winner, your child could win one of the following prizes:

• A Vacation Trip for the Grand Prize Winner and three (3) guests to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas
  • A Nickelodeon SpongeBob Atlantis DVD
  • A THQ SpongeBob Atlantis video game

Please click here and fill out the form to confirm your child's eligibility and to provide additional mailing information. You must confirm eligibility within TEN DAYS of the date of this email being sent. Please note, your mailing information will only be used for the prize fulfillment purposes in the BURGER KING® SPONGEBOB SWEEPSTAKES.

If you have any further questions please refer to the BK.com Privacy Policy and the BURGER KING® SPONGEBOB SWEEPSTAKES Official Rules.

Congratulations and thanks for participating in the BURGER KING® SPONGEBOB SWEEPSTAKES!

Your Friends at BURGER KING®

NEW UPDATE (Please check your email)

Dear BURGER KING(R) Customer,

You recently received an email sent in error that was titled, "You're
a winner with Spongebob SquarePants and BK(R)." This email was
erroneously sent to both the legitimate winners of a recent
sweepstakes program, as well as a broader population that did not win
a prize.

While we are in the process of awarding those legitimate prize winners
their prize , we would also like to "award" all of you who
erroneously received the aforementioned communication, "lunch on us"
and send you a $5 BK(TM) Crown Card, for any inconvenience this may
have caused. Please click on the link below to verify the mailing
address where your BK(TM) Crown Card should be sent.

URL REMOVED

You must fill out the claim form within TEN DAYS of the date of this
email being sent.

Thank you for your continuing support and we look forward to your
participation in upcoming BURGER KING(R) offers and promotions.

Regards,
Booger King Corporation

Oh yea!!! I'm going to Bahamas baby!!!! I never win stuff before until this is like a huge grand prizes!!! I use to like Spongebob but I'm too old enough to watch Cartoon except Family Guy. I'm also getting a free DVD & Game but don't know which game version anyway... I'm a proud big kid, lol!!! P.S. I'm a 22 years old and graduated from college!!! Yeah... look like its party time!!!

[quote name='BasketCase1080']potential prize winner? Looks like some phishing at its finest[/QUOTE]

I just entered the Sweepstakes like 2 weeks ago and viola, I just won a huge grand prizes!!!

And only ONE, not all three. I think you're just a little too excited there, OP. But congrats, if you get anything worthwhile.

Which games version is best suited for me? PS2, DS, GBA or Wii?

I read a stupid math question for Canadian Resident, lol!

If you are a Canadian resident, we must ask you or your parent or legal guardian to answer a skill-based mathematical question in order to be eligible to win a prize. Please answer the following question: What is 3 plus 3 subtracted by 3 multiplied by 3 divided by 3?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']If you are a Canadian resident, we must ask you or your parent or legal guardian to answer a skill-based mathematical question in order to be eligible to win a prize. Please answer the following question: What is 3 plus 3 subtracted by 3 multiplied by 3 divided by 3?[/QUOTE]

What the fuck?

[quote name='Mooey']BasketCase1080, potential prize winner means that you have won, you just have to claim it.

Congrats, OP.[/quote]

Please tell me you aren't serious (this goes for the OP as well)...:roll:

OP - Make sure you don't foget to put your SSN and bank account numbers on the claim form. You know, just for verification purposes.

OK,.. yah,... says you potentially could win ONE of those prizes. When I worked in fast food, that was what you would see all the time with the sweeps. You'll more than likely get the DVD, IF you win at all.

Reading on though, it seems like a total scam. That would be predjudicial, to ask such a question, as the parent may be disabled, or not very intelligent. It just seems wrong, and or, fishy.

If it is legit, then good luck, if not,... wow.

I just received this same email!

The problem is when I went to confirm, it's telling me they can't find my sweepstakes entry. I'm trying to find where I was linked to this contest from... was it through CAG? And how recently did I even fill out an entry?

[quote name='varsitygamer']I just received this same email!

The problem is when I went to confirm, it's telling me they can't find my sweepstakes entry. I'm trying to find where I was linked to this contest from... was it through CAG? And how recently did I even fill out an entry?[/QUOTE]

The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on November 5, 2007 and ends online at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 3, 2007 (the "Entry Period").

I got the same email today too. It's legit. I got the original email to sign up for the contest from last October. I'm on the mailing list due to being on the Xbox mailing list and buying the Burger King games. Unfortunately, I can't get it to find my entry either. The grand prize winner was suppose to be contacted 14 days after the drawing on Dec. 17, which would put it at Dec 31. All secondary winners(1450 of them) will be contacted 4-6 weeks after drawing on Dec 17. So most likely we both won the DVD or game. Sucks that I actally won something for my son, but it can't find my entry. Oh well.

AzBat

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']

If you are a Canadian resident, we must ask you or your parent or legal guardian to answer a skill-based mathematical question in order to be eligible to win a prize. Please answer the following question: What is 3 plus 3 subtracted by 3 multiplied by 3 divided by 3?[/quote]

I've read somewhere that Canadians are required to answer a math question because sweepstakes held by corporations or individuals are illegal there. The math question adds an element of "skill" in the contest to bypass the law.

[quote name='varsitygamer']I just received this same email!

The problem is when I went to confirm, it's telling me they can't find my sweepstakes entry. I'm trying to find where I was linked to this contest from... was it through CAG? And how recently did I even fill out an entry?[/quote]

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I don't know why it says "Dear Parent" and why you have to give "child's name" and "parents name"? I know I entered this contest for myself and I'm not a child, I'm 20. I also know that I wouldn't have entered if it was only a contest for people under 18 so what the hell is going on?

[quote name='schiftya2']Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I don't know why it says "Dear Parent" and why you have to give "child's name" and "parents name"? I know I entered this contest for myself and I'm not a child, I'm 20. I also know that I wouldn't have entered if it was only a contest for people under 18 so what the hell is going on?[/quote]

If you guys start having creditors and collection agencies calling for you a few months to a year from now, let us all know.

i would want someone dressed as spongebob to come to my house to give me my prize LOL my dog would attack them and love to see little spongie trying to run

Dear forum reader,

This is a waste of your time. One of our other forum readers thought this was funny, and not general junk mail that everyone gets on a daily basis.

Thanks,
Burger King.

[quote name='Caliburn']If you guys start having creditors and collection agencies calling for you a few months to a year from now, let us all know.[/QUOTE]

Considering all of the information I provided is openly available in the phone book, I doubt that. But make yourself feel better, by all means.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Considering all of the information I provided is openly available in the phone book, I doubt that. But make yourself feel better, by all means.[/quote]

Yeah, no shit, lol.

if you use outlook, you can check where this e-mail came from in the properites tab.

i wouldn't dismiss it so easily.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Dear forum reader,

This is a waste of your time. One of our other forum readers thought this was funny, and not general junk mail that everyone gets on a daily basis.

Thanks,
Burger King.[/QUOTE]

Dear Forum Reader,

This email was actually sent to a limited amount of runner up winners who need to verify their shipping information to receive their prize. Don't be sour grapes.

Love,
Burger King

bkwin.jpg

(and for the record "click here" does indeed produce a unique link)

I just called BK Consumer Relations. They said it is a legitimate e-mail, but the website is not working. They will send out a new e-mail when it it fixed.

damn, a trip to Baham's, thats gotta cost a shit load.

count on a nice tax payment at the end of the year. :D

[quote name='SubiDoobieDoo']Does OP still think he's going to the Bahamas?[/quote] Probably. Hope he enjoys the DVD I kind of feel bad for the kid though.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Oh yea!!! I'm going to Bahamas baby!!!! I never win stuff before until this is like a huge grand prizes!!! I use to like Spongebob but I'm too old enough to watch Cartoon except Family Guy. I'm also getting a free DVD & Game but don't know which game version anyway... I'm a proud big kid, lol!!! P.S. I'm a 22 years old and graduated from college!!! Yeah... look like its party time!!![/QUOTE]

This is an amazing post; full of drama, comedy, and, yes, tragedy.

Thank you for being on the front page so I could read this.

[quote name='blissfulnoise']This is an amazing post; full of drama, comedy, and, yes, tragedy.

Thank you for being on the front page so I could read this.[/quote]

What makes it worse is all the people that come in here giving him congrats. LOL

lol, ohh geez. congrats as you go to the bahamas with the free dvd they sent you.

Note that you only receive one of those prizes, so guess which prize in that above sentence you *did* payfor.
Here is a hint, it wasnt the free DVD....

Is it me or the website isn't working?

To #28, I think you're right cuz I get the same problem.

To all 1,000 winners, I think we haven't win anything unless we get the working website, sorry for acting like a dumb winner.

I believe the "skill based question" is a legal requirement to offer contests in Canadia. I'd guess it's against Canadian law to offer random giveaways because it's gambling or something, but by asking the question, it's now a skill test.
Pardon if this has been answered already, I quit reading after post 5.

They just sent out an email saying:
You recently received an email from us with the subject line of “You’re a winner with Spongebob SquarePants™ and BK®”. Unfortunately, that email was sent to you in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please be on the lookout for upcoming BURGER KING® offers and promotions!

Oh damn that sucks. What a buzzkill.
I'm still owed a 50$ gift cert from a website that got hacked for good four hours after I won it.

[quote name='drone8888']OK,.. yah,... says you potentially could win ONE of those prizes. When I worked in fast food, that was what you would see all the time with the sweeps. You'll more than likely get the DVD, IF you win at all.

Reading on though, it seems like a total scam. That would be predjudicial, to ask such a question, as the parent may be disabled, or not very intelligent. It just seems wrong, and or, fishy.

If it is legit, then good luck, if not,... wow.[/quote]

Asking the question is a legal thing. In some places you can't give away stuff randomly for some reason or another so the loophole is to make it a "prize" for answering a question correctly.

[quote name='benzene']I've read somewhere that Canadians are required to answer a math question because sweepstakes held by corporations or individuals are illegal there. The math question adds an element of "skill" in the contest to bypass the law.[/quote]

I can confirm. I've seen these before.

[quote name='Benisjamin']They just sent out an email saying:
You recently received an email from us with the subject line of “You’re a winner with Spongebob SquarePants™ and BK®”. Unfortunately, that email was sent to you in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please be on the lookout for upcoming BURGER KING® offers and promotions![/QUOTE]
I got the same email. Arghhhh.....

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Which games version is best suited for me? PS2, DS, GBA or Wii?

If you are a Canadian resident, we must ask you or your parent or legal guardian to answer a skill-based mathematical question in order to be eligible to win a prize. Please answer the following question: What is 3 plus 3 subtracted by 3 multiplied by 3 divided by 3?[/QUOTE]

first off, congrats op!! :)
and second, for the math thing, this isnt the first time ive seen this..build a bear had a contest for something and it required canadians to do a math question before entering as well...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I got the same email. Arghhhh.....[/QUOTE]

I'd call corporate and complain.. your little boy has been diagnosed with the disease of Bulimia nervosa... and now he can't get a hooker in the Bahama's.. and you demand the return of the Big King, Western Whopper, and a coupon for a free combo for your troubles.

[quote name='daphatty']What the fuck?[/quote]

regarding the math question... Canadian law prohibits games of chances outside lottery type stuff that has a license. So as a workaround all sweepstakes and contests and stuff have a skill testing question so as to make it a game of skill and not a game of chance.

I won as well AND then lost as well!

LOL just checked my email

Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:24:35 -0500 (EST)
Subject: You're a winner with Spongebob SquarePants(TM) and BK(R)
(same winning email already posted)

Thu, 10 Jan 2008 19:21:14 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Burger King Corporation E-mail Recall
"You recently received an email from us with the subject line of “You’re a winner with Spongebob SquarePants™ and BK®”. Unfortunately, that email was sent to you in error. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please be on the lookout for upcoming BURGER KING® offers and promotions!"

bread's done
Back