SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1!!!

J7.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Wow! :bouncy:

SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1 will include the following SNK games:

• ART OF FIGHTING - The first game in SNK's second fighting-game franchise, set in the same universe as FATAL FURY.
  • BASEBALL STARS 2 - The sequel to SNK's popular baseball arcade game.
  • BURNING FIGHT - New York detectives battle organized crime in this fighter.
  • FATAL FURY - First released in 1991, FATAL FURY introduced the two-plane fighting system.
  • KING OF FIGHTERS '94 - The first game in the popular KING OF FIGHTERS series.
  • KING OF THE MONSTERS - In KING OF THE MONSTERS, giant monsters fight for power in epic battles.
  • LAST RESORT - A challenging futuristic shooter.
  • MAGICIAN LORD - Players help the wizard Elta save his homeworld in this platformer.
  • METAL SLUG - Known for its humor and fast- moving gameplay, this run-and-gun side-scroller was the first in the popular series.
  • NEO TURF MASTERS - A golf game which debuted on the Neo Geo Pocket Color in 1999.
  • SAMURAI SHODOWN - Set in the 18th century, SAMURAI SHODOWN features bladed-weapon combat and an international cast of characters.
  • SENGOKU - In SENGOKU, players face off against undead feudal Japanese armies.
  • SHOCK TROOPERS - In this run-and-gun adventure, players save a scientist and his granddaughter from the Bloody Scorpions.
  • SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 - A soccer game featuring teams from all over the world.
  • TOP HUNTER - Bounty hunters protect colonists from space pirates in this futuristic action game.
  • WORLD HEROES - This classic fighter pits players against historical figures in a tournament enabled by time travel.

SNK Arcade Classics: Volume 1 will be available for the PSP in the first half of 2008.

Metal Slug's a bit unnecessary, but they just took a poop all over the Virtual Console with this collection. I love the VC, but $9 neo geo games are outrageous.

Nice. Bout fucking time we see an SNK collection with something other then their fighters. SNK can make quality NON-fighting games but no one pays attention to them.
All this being said I hope the next collection includes Super Spy, Crossed Swords and Crossed Swords 2 as a bonus.

This is not a bad collection. I think the VC is crappy. These compilations are the best.

If these include the Neo Geo CD music, then I will sell my Neo CD games. I already sold all the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting ones.

They need to stop fucking around and give us Bri'kinger!

Waku Waku 7, Windjammers (I have no idea why I like this shit game) and Samurai Shodown V Special Uncensored, please!

[quote name='opportunity777']This is not a bad collection. I think the VC is crappy. These compilations are the best.

If these include the Neo Geo CD music, then I will sell my Neo CD games. I already sold all the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting ones.

They need to stop fucking around and give us Bri'kinger!

Waku Waku 7, Windjammers (I have no idea why I like this shit game) and Samurai Shodown V Special Uncensored, please![/QUOTE]

You joking? "Windjammers" wasn't a bad game. Just recognize SNK knows how to make quality games in general.
Here's a question for everyone. Why did SNK never bring out new "Ikari Warriors" or "Iron Tank"?

Windjammers is freakin great. Although I have most of these games on my Neo CD, playing on the go is great. Oh yeah and there was never a non Neo Home port of SHOCK TROOPERS (which is as close to a new Ikari Warriors as you're going to get) so I'll buy this collection just for that. I also expect it to be delayed about 18,000,000 times after all, this IS SNK we're talking about

What PSP, what the hell, I was expecting a ps2 version, but well it's obvious that a ps2 port will follow later, will get it then, so now the time is coming to get rid of the NEOGEO Rage....

yep. I'll for certain be buying this when it comes out. and the neo geo prices on the VC are a little steep too, but the only one I own is KoF '94, which I recieved in a gift so it wasn't a bad deal. Great game though, I'll be looking forward to playing it and lots of others on my psp soon.

Would love to know what will be on Volume 2 (so hopefully this sells really well) as well as future Volumes. I might get it, I might not. This collection has some pretty good games but I think I'm gonna stick with Metal Slug Anthology and the KOF collections. I don't want to buy this and then find out that they're going to release Fatal Fury and Samurai Showdown collections later on.

It may sound kinda wierd but I'm pretty stoked to see what the boxart is gonna look like. But this should broaden my horizons.... Im one of the ones that really though they only did the fighting genre. Good Stuff.

[quote name='JEKKI']what the hell?!?!?! no Windjammers?!?!?![/QUOTE]

No Windjammers, and I haven't seen a confirmation of whether these games will be playable via Ad Hoc, Infrastructure or neither.

Dodgeball would have been nice too.

I would have liked SNK to strip out all the fighting games in this set and replace them with other games.

I'm happy we are getting these in a compilation, but I can still gripe about some things :)

What's strange is no NAM (I don't really like it much anyways). SNK might have considered doing this chronologically or something.

I'll probably get this. I kind of wish this was a PS3/PSP downloadable game instead (so I could play on both platforms), but oh well. Pretty good collection.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'll probably get this. I kind of wish this was a PS3/PSP downloadable game instead (so I could play on both platforms), but oh well. Pretty good collection.[/QUOTE]

The Magic Box reports this game will be on PS2 as well. Maybe, remote play of PS2 games will be a possibility by the time it comes out.

This collection looks great. Does anyone else think it's weird that they put AoF and Fatal Fury on there instead of Windjammers and Waku Waku 7? AoF and Fatal Fury both have compilations on PS2 while Waku Waku 7 can only be imported on the Sega Saturn.

[quote name='JEKKI']what the hell?!?!?! no Windjammers?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, man, I fuckin' know! I mean, I luvz me some Baseball Stars, but WindJammers is where it's at. Even if AsianXCore and a few other wannabes think it's ghey.

Picking up the PS2 version of this because PSP is an inferior good.

s38744hqxi6.jpg

[quote name='depascal22']This collection looks great. Does anyone else think it's weird that they put AoF and Fatal Fury on there instead of Windjammers and Waku Waku 7? AoF and Fatal Fury both have compilations on PS2 while Waku Waku 7 can only be imported on the Sega Saturn.[/QUOTE]

Dosn't Hudson hold the rights to Waku Waku 7?

also, I never liked classic compilation games, but ever since the capcom stuff came out for PSP, I was hooked. I don't like playing them on a home console though... only on my PSP... strange.

I want this now though.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Dosn't Hudson hold the rights to Waku Waku 7?

also, I never liked classic compilation games, but ever since the capcom stuff came out for PSP, I was hooked. I don't like playing them on a home console though... only on my PSP... strange.

I want this now though.[/QUOTE]

I believe that Hudson does have the rights to Waku Waku 7... I thought it might have been Sunsoft, but Hudson sounds correct now that you mention it.

WW7 isn't like... a great fighting game... it's an interesting diversion and I'd like to see it, but I won't be devastated if it doesn't show up at some point.

I just remembered my greatest fear for this compilation though, and that is SNKPUSA. It is a fact that they are trash, so let's hope this comes out unscathed (or gets a functional Japanese release.)

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Oddly, I expect the PSP version to be the better one since usually the PSP ports carry more stuff due to Sony requiring more for ports.[/QUOTE]Also, due to being on a smaller screen, they usually appear sharper.
[quote name='opportunity777']The Magic Box reports this game will be on PS2 as well. Maybe, remote play of PS2 games will be a possibility by the time it comes out.[/QUOTE]Well, I doubt there ever will be remote play for PS2 games, because when playing PS2 games on PS3, you are signed off of PSN and gotta re-connect the controller.

[quote name='ZForce']Windjammers is freakin great. Although I have most of these games on my Neo CD, playing on the go is great. Oh yeah and there was never a non Neo Home port of SHOCK TROOPERS (which is as close to a new Ikari Warriors as you're going to get) so I'll buy this collection just for that. I also expect it to be delayed about 18,000,000 times after all, this IS SNK we're talking about[/QUOTE]

You know my Nephew stayed over last night and we popped in the Thrillville game on Wii... you can play some the the "Arcade" games that are in the park you build. We didn't get very far (for times reasons) but they have a "tank" arcade game and I though why the hell has no one released Ikari Warriors remake. The tank game was similar in design and quite fun.

Anyway this collection looks pretty good. I will keep an eye on it for the new PSP.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Also, due to being on a smaller screen, they usually appear sharper.
Well, I doubt there ever will be remote play for PS2 games, because when playing PS2 games on PS3, you are signed off of PSN and gotta re-connect the controller.[/QUOTE]

They might be able to clean that up with newer firmwares. I know they are going to allow access to the Home features without exiting the game completely later this year, so PS2 remote play is a possibility. PS1 remote play is already working on the PS3.

This is a good collection. Burning Fight is the only game not really worth playing.
These games are amazing
shock troopers
neo-turf masters
supersidekicks 3
last resort
baseballstars 2
metal slug
I hope volume 2 has ss 5 special, SS2, sengoku 2, waku waku 7, shock troopers 2, matrimelee, the last blade, blazing star, and Pulstar.

Anyone saying 9 dollars is too much for a neo-geo game needs to be shot.:hot:

[quote name='Mr. Roper']Anyone saying 9 dollars is too much for a neo-geo game needs to be shot.:hot:[/QUOTE]

First and foremost, I love the Neo Geo system.

This is a good deal for a compilation of Neo Geo games. Actually, most compilations with this many titles are usually very attractive to me.

Most people don't look at them as Neo Geo games. They just look at them like every other game. People arguing that old ass download-only Neo Geo games at $9 or more are actually a bargain are the ones holding on to false economic principles and archaic thinking mechanisms. The economic reality is far different.

I still spend 20 to 60 bucks on an mvs cart occasionally. and let me tell you a last blade mvs cart at 30 bucks is a much better value for my buck than anything Nintendo has put out, Mario Galaxy included. A Samurai shodown 2 mvs cart at 20 bucks is infinitely better than anything on the nintendo DS. A ss 2 download on the vc at 9 bucks is the f-ing bargain of the century.

It sucks cause I bought Baseball Stars 2 on the VC already and if I didn't do that I would've jumped all over this. Plus half the game I already own on other collections or systems. I'm really only intrested in Last resort, Magician Lord, Shock Troppers & Blue's Journey. I guess that's enough for me to spend $10 on it.

[quote name='Mr. Roper']I still spend 20 to 60 bucks on an mvs cart occasionally. and let me tell you a last blade mvs cart at 30 bucks is a much better value for my buck than anything Nintendo has put out, Mario Galaxy included. A Samurai shodown 2 mvs cart at 20 bucks is infinitely better than anything on the nintendo DS. A ss 2 download on the vc at 9 bucks is the f-ing bargain of the century.[/QUOTE]

How is your arcade setup? You got pics?

You're values are different than the average player, which is OK. I'm pretty diversified in my tastes, but I find myself playing newer games more often than booting up a copy of Shockwave on 3DO, Time Gal on Sega CD or KOF '94.

But ... the majority of people's values are in newer and "better" technologies, so the $9 is steep.

I actually had the entire Neo CD collection, but I've been selling them slowly. As new compilations come out, my collection shrinks further. I always make sure the new compilations have the Neo CD music on them before selling anything. I am keeping some items like AoF 3 LE w/Coin and KOF '96 Collection because they are unique.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']It sucks cause I bought Baseball Stars 2 on the VC already and if I didn't do that I would've jumped all over this. Plus half the game I already own on other collections or systems. I'm really only intrested in Last resort, Magician Lord, Shock Troppers & Blue's Journey. I guess that's enough for me to spend $10 on it.[/QUOTE]

You should be more picky on what you buy on VC because a lot of games are being re-released on compilation discs. I think the safest bets are first-party Nintendo games (I like to call this the Non-Self-Cannibalizing-Milking-The-Cow-Strategy), but many other titles may show up in a compilation sooner than you realize.

[quote name='opportunity777']You should be more picky on what you buy on VC [/QUOTE]

I don't buy alot of VC games in the first place, so I'm never picky. Plus I've lost my mutant ablity to "predict" what games might see life on a collection disk. It's always been my favorite Baseball game so when I saw it hit the VC I had to jump. I knew some kind of SNK Collection was coming but I really didn't think Baseball Stars 2 would be on it.

SNK/P is so damn persistant in cramming their old 91' junk down our throats I was shocked to see they even skipped over Baseball Stars Professional. And with SNK's recent track record I wouldn't be surpprised to see some bugs. I'm being such a pessimist, ain't I?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I don't buy alot of VC games in the first place, so I'm never picky. Plus I've lost my mutant ablity to "predict" what games might see life on a collection disk. It's always been my favorite Baseball game so when I saw it hit the VC I had to jump. I knew some kind of SNK Collection was coming but I really didn't think Baseball Stars 2 would be on it.

SNK/P is so damn persistant in cramming their old 91' junk down our throats I was shocked to see they even skipped over Baseball Stars Professional. And with SNK's recent track record I wouldn't be surpprised to see some bugs. I'm being such a pessimist, ain't I?[/QUOTE]

Actually, given the usual subpar crap SNKUSA seems to paste together at times, I think you are being a realist.

I think they can do a really good job with this title. I'm hoping for MS on PS2 quality at worst, but I'm not betting on it.

bread's done
Back