360 Racing Wheel $40. EXTREMELY YMMV

portcityplaya

CAGiversary!
I found out about this on Slickdeals. It was at one particular Wal mart here in Charlotte, NC. I called and they said they had one left. I went to another Wal Mart to see if the price was the same there but it wasn't, so I bought a wheel from that store and took it to the store that was selling it cheap just in case the one they had was gone. They still had the one left in the store from when I called and allowed me to price adjust the one I paid full price for. Now I have one and I will give the other to my brother for a total cost of about $85 dollars. Again, this is Extremely YMMV as it only seemed to be at that one store as the other stores I called that still had them in stock, had them at the regular price. The lady that rung me up at the sale price was actually suprised to see the wheel so cheap. She almost looked like she didn't want to sell it to me but the tag said $40 dollars and it was the right tag so she sold it to me.

sweet deal. mind telling me wat the box was like? was it just a plain box or did it have a plastic see through in the front?
I wanted to know that cuz of manufacturing dates. lol.

Was the wheel wireless? (or are all of the wheels wireless?) If not, then they could be clearancing out the wired ones.

It was the newer box. No plastic see thru front. It came with the Forza 2 game. To answer the second question, MS only makes a wireless wheel for the 360 and it is the MS brand wheel.

[quote name='portcityplaya']It was the newer box. No plastic see thru front. It came with the Forza 2 game. To answer the second question, MS only makes a wireless wheel for the 360 and it is the MS brand wheel.[/quote]

I thought it came with the Forza 2 demo?

I haven't opened it yet. I just saw the sticker on the outside of the box so I assumed it came with the full game. No matter earlier today I got PGR 4 for $20 dollars at Radio Shack. Didn't the full game of PGR3 come with the wheel before when it had the plastic front on the box.?

[quote name='portcityplaya']I haven't opened it yet. I just saw the sticker on the outside of the box so I assumed it came with the full game. No matter earlier today I got PGR 4 for $20 dollars at Radio Shack. Didn't the full game of PGR3 come with the wheel before when it had the plastic front on the box.?[/quote]

Apparently the wheel did include PGR3 at one time, but the bundle seems to have changed since then (perhaps when they fixed the power supply issue) and currently comes with the Forza 2 DEMO, per the sticker on the box. Never assume. Whatever, $40 for this wheel (new) is smoking, game or no game.

do the stores communicate with each other. lets say, you go to a walmart in california, tell em thats the price for the wheel in a charlotte, nc walmart, they find out or somethin through their managemente system?

Nope. I couldn't get one store here in Charlotte to price match the other store. I had to buy one and return it and rebuy it. The girl at the store I paid full price for it at basically said if it's not coming up in the system at that price in their store they can't adjust it without a ad. She said they couldn't even just call the other store to price match. She could have just been being a hard a$$ but either way, I had to buy it and take it to the $40 dollar store and return it and rebuy it to get the price adjustment. They wouldn't even do just a simple price adjustment either. Luckily I had it in my truck with me to do the return and rebuy for the adjustment.

Yeah, Walmart can be funny about price matching. I wanted them to PM an item I had purchased from them to a Best Buy about a quarter mile away. They wouldn't because it was considered a different city. The Walmart in the same city as the Best Buy, but 10 miles away from it, however was willing to adjust my price.

bread's done
Back