Any good free 2 player games over the internet for people bored at work?

coltyhuxx

CAGiversary!
Looking for something to play with, or against my friend. We were playing Tower Defense and posting to the leaderboard. That was pretty fun....

Preferably something that can be minimized in a window and run with minimal installation.

Any recommendations?

well you can go to yahoo and play a large assortment of games if you have java installed on your computer. i used to play spades on there all the time

i was thinking more along the lines of a strategy game or possibly an actioner... not really into card games :)

even something like i used to play on the bulletin boards way back in the day. text is fine too.

If you're willing to install a client, Tetrinet (i think it might be known as Blocktrix now) is a lot of fun for anywhere from 2 to 6 people. It is lightweight and could be minimized easily, although the game itself is pretty fast paced (think Tetris with more strategy).

EDIT: Here's the link: http://c3p0.reverse.net/~sl/

I used to play Its War way back. Think of it as a text-based Battlefield 1942. Good memories of making Rambo-esque characters and just knifing people and restealthing.

In computer lab back in high school, a half-dozen of us would play Soldat (already mentioned) over LAN. One of my all-time favorites.

This was before we all hooked USB controllers to one computer and started playing 4-player MAME Roms...

Recommend both Kongregate and Instant Action. Instant Action will particularly be more awesome when their Tribes successor comes out. That card-battle game on Kongregate might be cool too.

bread's done
Back