Wombat's Warhawk chat in CAGCast 115

SkippyDoorknob

CAGiversary!
Wombat, you were complaining that while playing Warhawk almost no one was talking and the guy by the jeep wasn't responding to you. Were you pushing L3 to talk? Depending on how the room was set up, you may need to push and hold L3 for others to hear you. The last Warhawk upgrade added the ability to have open mics, but before that they were all push to talk and most games are still set up that way.

Set the mic open to talk or just press L3. Us at CAG nights just go to open mic (I am the CAG Warhawk Clan leader btw). You can discuss with us about it in this thread.

The guy's got a point. I played a whole 2 hours earlier and I heard a whopping 2 people talk.

Well, I will explain this, if someone doesn't configure their router correctly (like have do not open certain ports or the DMZ on the PS3 local IP), they will have issues talking to other people (due to the internet being too secure), and they may have issues hearing people.

At home, I can easily open the DMZ and I can hear pretty much everyone really clear, and they can hear me. When I'm at my apartment (which is on some shared and heavily secured network), I cannot open the DMZ and get high quality connection like at home. When I hear people talk in the game, it sounds like a scrambled voice, or people can barely hear my voice come through.

I'm thinking that's the reason because the difference is huge.

It's not just Warhawk that has this issue, but you'll have issues joining games in Lost Planet and CoD4 if router isn't configured in a certain way, have problems getting online and talking in Burnout, have disconnects in some games, etc.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I will explain this, if someone doesn't configure their router correctly (like have do not open certain ports or the DMZ on the PS3 local IP), they will have issues talking to other people (due to the internet being too secure), and they may have issues hearing people.

At home, I can easily open the DMZ and I can hear pretty much everyone really clear, and they can hear me. When I'm at my apartment (which is on some shared and heavily secured network), I cannot open the DMZ and get high quality connection like at home. When I hear people talk in the game, it sounds like a scrambled voice, or people can barely hear my voice come through.

I'm thinking that's the reason because the difference is huge.

It's not just Warhawk that has this issue, but you'll have issues joining games in Lost Planet and CoD4 if router isn't configured in a certain way, have problems getting online and talking in Burnout, have disconnects in some games, etc.[/quote]

Got any ideas that will fix MLB 08 The Show? From what I've read, nothing except a Sony patch will fix that from being a lagfest.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Got any ideas that will fix MLB 08 The Show? From what I've read, nothing except a Sony patch will fix that from being a lagfest.[/QUOTE]That I do not know, since I don't have the game and cannot experiment.

Anyway, thanks for showing up at Warhawk night Wombat. :)

I think it depends on the game. In cod 4 you will definitely see nearly everyone with a mic. And socom will definitely have everyone with a mic when that drops Sept 16.

bread's done
Back