CAGcast freezing my Zune..?

Banzaiaap

CAG Veteran
Hi!

First of all, I'm a big fan of the show and every week is a party when the CAGcast comes out. Anyway.. I've got a Zune and I listen to alot of podcasts on it.. But: Some episodes of the CAGcast make my Zune freeze! I have to reset it before I can use it again.. It didn't happen on the last 4 or so episodes, but it did happen on several before that (I'm not a long time listener) and with the last one:116!

Is there anyone else with this problem?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

The shows are created and encoded exactly the same way each week. I have no idea what could be causing the problem. Sorry!

I also had the problem a few times. Click to play and then it won't, if you click on any other file after that though, it locks up completely, correct?

It seems to happen randomly to me, doing it #110, #112, and #113 for me, but deleting it and re-adding it always fixed the problem.

I've never had it happen with any podcasts except the CAGcast (and it sounds like no one else has either), so maybe it's just the way the cast is encoded causes problems with the Zune every once in a while?

Definitely frustrating when your mp3 player is the only form of entertainment you'll have for the next few hours, and the CAGcast locks it up.

This just happened to me for the first time today. All other podcasts including the latest CAG Foreplay are fine. I'll resync tonight and hopefully it will be fixed.

[quote name='jkanownik']I resynched and it still isn't working.[/quote]

Same here. Tried redownloading and then syncing but nope.. Nothing.

Ok ok, just to mess things up. I'm planning on buying either an iPod or a Zune. Which one is better and why?

Simple fix for this issue.
ipod.jpg

I deleted all of my podcasts and readded the subscriptions and it fixed it. I'll take the few minutes of extra work over the extra $$$ for an iPod. I am much happier hating my $100 Zune than I was hating my $300 iPod.

And you couldn't find a smaller picture?

[quote name='jkanownik']I deleted all of my podcasts and readded the subscriptions and it fixed it. I'll take the few minutes of extra work over the extra $$$ for an iPod. I am much happier hating my $100 Zune than I was hating my $300 iPod.

And you couldn't find a smaller picture?[/quote]

lol true..
And miss annoying everyone with the giant picture ? thats half the fun.:D

Alright, I got it to work! :D At first I was deleting, redownloading resyncing, but just resyncing without redownload did the trick for me. :)

This happened for a lot of Zune owners a few months ago (myself included) but after I deleted/resynched several times and Cheapy reincoded some stuff it hasn't happened since for me. I hope this doesn't become a trend for my Zune.

I listen to about 5 other pod casts and the CAGcast is the only one that results in my Zune freezing. While this usually occurs with the initial download, I've had to download "Blown Off" numerous times and have yet to get it to play without freezing my Zune.

I use iTunes to subscribe to all of my favorite podcasts .

I just tell the Zune software to look in the folder they end up in .

BTW , I sent for a coffin for my 30GB Zune last night [WTF] .

[quote name='CheapyD']Did the most recent show have the same problems?[/quote]

That was 117 right? I didn't have any problems, fortunately. Lets see what 118'll do.

[quote name='Banzaiaap']That was 117 right? I didn't have any problems, fortunately. Lets see what 118'll do.[/QUOTE]

The most recent show worked fine for me as well. The Zune software also updated - not sure if that had anything to do with it.

I have had the same problem with a few episodes of Cag.. its the only podcast I've had trouble with and I listed to about 10 different shows a week. I have had to resort to re-encoding the shows that freeze up to fix the problem.

Zune80

It seems that it has worked for me (finally) since the zune update, although I need to reboot my Zune to get the program to recognize it and synch for some reason.

bread's done
Back