Amazon: PSP God of War Entertainment Pack - Red (Available NOW)

syndicate701

CAGiversary!
Amazon opened up pre-orders for the Limited Edition PSP Red God of War Entertainment pack.

Buy.com, newegg.com, Bestbuy, Circuit City, or Target are not currently offering (as of 5/5/08) pre-orders this early.

Inlcudes PSP, GOW COO game, Super Bad UMD Movie, and a certificate for Syphon Filter: Combat Ops. $199 free shipping

God_of_War_PSP_Model_(Back).jpg

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-God-War-E..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1210011394&sr=8-1

s701

Nice. I may have to upgrade to a slim finally!

I can then hack the old one and use it for emulation! :)

Nice, I am getting this for sure. I think I'm going to pre-order it for now and if sonystyle.com has it in stock later I think I'll get it from them since I get more rewards points.

[quote name='Deefuzz']Nice. I may have to upgrade to a slim finally!

I can then hack the old one and use it for emulation! :)[/QUOTE]

Why do you have to wait until you get a slim before using your old one for emulation?

Thanks Op, pre-ordered one using my $50 HD-DVD bonus code.

This must have just appeared as I searched for it this morning and got nothing.

[quote name='Draugr']Do bundled PSP games come with standard game cases?[/quote]

The Star Wars and Daxter bundles used cardboard sleeves and I would think they will use the same with the God of War bundle.

[quote name='knightsdwn']The Star Wars and Daxter bundles used cardboard sleeves and I would think they will use the same with the God of War bundle.[/quote]

As did the original entertainment pack for the phat. Total rip if you ask me. Of course, I don't know many people that travel with their UMDs in the original case.

Nice bundle....but I really don't like the red nail polish looks.....too bright. I'm looking to pick up a slim and getting GOW and the new SW game when it drops.

[quote name='Solofire']What, no memory stick? Even the Daxter Pack had that...[/quote]

Wow, didn't notice that. Well GOW is a way better game than Daxter, more expensive, as is probably SuperBad better than Family Guy but I still wish there was a memory card. For those of us that already have a PSP it probably isn't a big deal since most of us have memory cards already.

Can someone tell me if there are any converters for SD or SD micro to Pro Duo? Or do I have to buy yet another memory card format just for the PSP?

Another question, is the "PSP 2000 Console - Piano Black" a slim or a phat?

[quote name='Asgardian']Can someone tell me if there are any converters for SD or SD micro to Pro Duo? Or do I have to buy yet another memory card format just for the PSP?

Another question, is the "PSP 2000 Console - Piano Black" a slim or a phat?[/quote]

PSP-2000 is the slim.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the memory stick will be included (1GB like all bundles) and that it was just neglected in the summary. Don't
me on that though!

[quote name='Asgardian']Can someone tell me if there are any converters for SD or SD micro to Pro Duo? Or do I have to buy yet another memory card format just for the PSP?

Another question, is the "PSP 2000 Console - Piano Black" a slim or a phat?[/quote]

2000 refers to the slim models (technically 2000 are Japan & 2001 are US I believe)

I remember reading about that pack including an extra feature that other packs don't have, which is the tv cable thing-that was what made me want to buy the bundle-if it's going to be shorting out on stuff, I may have to rethink putting in 200 bucks for the psp.

[quote name='rpepper']PSP-2000 is the slim.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the memory stick will be included (1GB like all bundles) and that it was just neglected in the summary. Don't quote me on that though![/quote]Too Late!

The Star Wars PSP bundle did NOT come with a memory stick

[quote name='rpepper']As did the original entertainment pack for the phat. Total rip if you ask me. Of course, I don't know many people that travel with their UMDs in the original case.[/QUOTE]

I don't know many people that bother bringing their UMDs at all when they travel.

[quote name='pellucidity']I don't know many people that bother bringing their UMDs at all when they travel.[/quote]
Not everyone bothers backing their titles up to the MS.

a little too red if you ask me... GoW is a fantastic game, though.

and Superbad seems like a strange accompaniment to GoW, IMO.

either way, great deal since GoW is fairly recent.

[quote name='rpepper']Not everyone bothers backing their titles up to the MS.[/quote]

Especially whith a game like GOW which takes up a lot of MS space but i still like having the case for the game which in this case I'm going to get somewhere else.

Another thing this bundle comes with not mentioned in the OP is a voucher to download the PSP game Syphon Filter: Combat Ops for free.

[quote name='Strider2K99']Another thing this bundle comes with not mentioned in the OP is a voucher to download the PSP game Syphon Filter: Combat Ops for free.[/quote]

Seems you're right, I wonder if this thing will actually be limited unlike the "Limited" Star Wars bundle which you can still buy pretty much anywhere.

[quote name='eliter1']Seems you're right, I wonder if this thing will actually be limited unlike the "Limited" Star Wars bundle which you can still buy pretty much anywhere.[/QUOTE]

The Star Wars white is a lot more limited than you think. I haven't seen it anywhere. I don't know if sells at a premium anywhere though, but it is indeed limited and no longer being made.

Just pre-ordered it. Was hoping Amazon would be taking pre-orders soon. Now if they would just open up pre-orders on the MGS4 PS3 bundle, I would be set for awhile.

[quote name='lurknomore']The Star Wars white is a lot more limited than you think. I haven't seen it anywhere. I don't know if sells at a premium anywhere though, but it is indeed limited and no longer being made.[/quote]

My EB and Gamecrazy still have them as does sonystyle.com. I gues it just was less limited than i thought. I hope the GOW PSP is more limited.

Sigh, another Amazon "sign up to be notified" where I didn't get notified. I imagine I will miss out on the MGS4 Limited PS3 as well.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

it should be a standard for all PSPs to at least include a 32mb so people can save their games.

[quote name='tenzor']it should be a standard for all PSPs to at least include a 32mb so people can save their games.[/quote]

QFT

Especially when they include a download in the bundle

[quote name='briandadude']QFT

Especially when they include a download in the bundle[/quote]

I would much rather have the MS instead of the game download:roll:

Why are people so fixated on a mere 1GB memory stick? I never even use the one that came with the Daxter bundle. 4GB memory sticks have gotten so cheap that the Siphon DL sounds more attractive than some minor amount of memory.

Seriously -- if you like to load saved games, demos, wallpaper, themes, music and movies, 1GB will prove far too small for you.

I intend to get the GoW bundle as well. I'll use my Silver for HB and the GoW for official FW.

And don't be misled by the red in photographs. I doubt this bundle will sell out before you get the chance to see it in stores -- the skeptical should wait until then to judge the color.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Why do you have to wait until you get a slim before using your old one for emulation?[/quote]

I guess I am just a little paranoid. I've read a few things about people bricking their systems trying to run the firmware to enable emulation. And knowing me I would screw something up.

But I guess it really doesn't make too much sense now that I am typing it. I plan on doing it anyway so why wait? Now I just need to find the correct info and software :)

I thought this Pack also came with a coupon to download "Syphon Filter: Combat Ops" for free? Anyways, this is a great deal and anyone remotely interested in getting into the PSP scene will not be disappointed with all the great PSP games already out.

[quote name='nflsonic']I thought this Pack also came with a coupon to download "Syphon Filter: Combat Ops" for free? [/QUOTE]

It does. It just doesn't state this in the OP or on Amazon's sales page. It was mentioned in a post or three in the postings previous.

[quote name='Deefuzz']I guess I am just a little paranoid. I've read a few things about people bricking their systems trying to run the firmware to enable emulation. And knowing me I would screw something up.

But I guess it really doesn't make too much sense now that I am typing it. I plan on doing it anyway so why wait? Now I just need to find the correct info and software :)[/QUOTE]

What firmware are you running? I can point you to a guide if you'd like. Plus, if you end up getting a God of War PSP you can use your hacked "fat" PSP to downgrade that one.

How do pre-orders at Amazon Work? I work for GS (please don't hurt me), and as such I've never pre-ordered from Amazon. How do I cancel it? Do I pay the full amount right away?

[quote name='untouchablemike']How do pre-orders at Amazon Work? I work for GS (please don't hurt me), and as such I've never pre-ordered from Amazon. How do I cancel it? Do I pay the full amount right away?[/quote]

you work for GS, lol

just buy it like you would buy anything else. you can cancel it up until they start preparing your order. your account wont get charged til then, iirc

bread's done
Back