Rogers Video 2/$40 May.29-???

I'm passing this time around. Went out and bought mario kart for (somewhat) full price (Traded in a encheapened Sonic games and 10$ at eb)

Got brawl at the last one and I still sadly do not own a 360 :(.

So nothing for me for a while.

Since I sincerly doubt wii fit would be a part of this, lol

I may check one out today...but I probably shouldn't be spending so much money right now. I know the downtown location (Edmonton) has a bunch of games that I want though. Thanks for the heads up.

My Rogers has

:360:
GTAIV
Army of Two
Dark Sector
The Club
Bully

:ps3:
GT5
Army of Two
Call of Duty 4
Conflict Denied Ops

Off the top of my head. They called and told me about it yesterday when I was at school and let me put a few games aside.

[quote name='magiic']They called and told me about it yesterday when I was at school and let me put a few games aside.[/quote]

Haha, that's nuts!

I'm going to give a few stores a call this morning to see if it's on. I know I shouldn't buy anything....but 2/$40 is just too good of a deal to pass up!

ya exactly. Im grabbing Bully & Army of Two for sure. I might get a GTA to goozex and I will probably get GT5

I also rented Haze & Viking yesterday

man, magiic. you're seriously set for life game-wise with that local Rogers of yours!

People who work for my local Rogers find me annoying since I just come in randomly and look at the used game shelf and bug them about the 2/40. 90% of the time they have garbage anyway.

I just called Capilano and Downtown and neither of them knew anything about it...so I guess that's another no-go for this sale in Edmonton.

I don't understand how they're considered a chain when it's rare that all of the stores are actually doing this sale...

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Not really looking for anything. All those EB deals makes even $20 seem a little high. Man I'm cheap. :D[/QUOTE]
:D I was thinking the same thing.

I'll have a look at the Rogers across from my apartment on my way home tonight. They don't usually have anything worth buying, but there's always a chance that one time I don't go in to have a look, they will. lol.

I know mine has

RSV2 ps3
army of two 360
bully360
condemned 2 360
Devil may cry 360

probably going to pick up DMC4 and Condemned2 if I can.

OMG. Just came back from my closest RV. They had pretty good selections but the store manager told me that only $39.99 and under qualifies for the 2 for $40. Can anyone else confirm this?

[quote name='magiic']ya exactly. Im grabbing Bully & Army of Two for sure. I might get a GTA to goozex and I will probably get GT5

I also rented Haze & Viking yesterday[/quote]
You mean GTAIV to sell to me for $30? :(

Our Rogers has had nothing for the past six months. I think we're the only ones that take advantage of 2/40, and have accordingly cleaned them out long ago. :(

They also don't tend to buy many games for rental purposes, so nothing "new" that's good ends up for sale. :(

[quote name='magiic']if it's still on tomorrow I will try to grab you a GTA firestorm[/quote]

Mine had GTA4 for both PS3 and 360, but I got rejected for any $40 or above ($39.99 ones were fine). The manager told me that this is new from this weekend's promo and it came from way way top level.

Please update what you find out there.

Today I was able to buy

GTAIV
Army of Two
Bully
The Club
Blacksite Area 51

GT5 Prologue

:ds:
The World Ends With You
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate

Mine still has

Bully
GTAIV
Army of Two
RSV2

GT Prologue
Army of Two
CoD4

:wii:
Smash Bros

Sweet, thanks magiic. My Rogers says that it still isn't in their system but to check back tomorrow. Is there any chance you might part with that copy of The world ends with you?

PS. Caro, you still in Nanaimo?

I tried it and didnt really like it but I think I may goozex as it is worth a crazy 800 points. I am about to go back down because there are two games I need to exchange. Is there anything I listed you might want me to pick up? I need to know in like the next 5 minutes though.

I believe everything you listed is at the Rogers here, so no. If you Goozex it I believe I'm first on the waiting list anyway. =)

magiic, where in Canada are you and if possible could you please please please please please pick up GTAIV and Smash bros for me?

[quote name='TtotheE']Sweet, thanks magiic. My Rogers says that it still isn't in their system but to check back tomorrow. Is there any chance you might part with that copy of The world ends with you?

PS. Caro, you still in Nanaimo?[/quote]

yup

are you going tomorrow?

my brother works in the mall tomorrow so he's going early I think to get the games, I only want condemned 2 really so we could split on the deal if you want. I told my brother to get DMC4 as the 2nd game but I have way too many games that I don't play right now.

I went back last night soemone bought all three copies of CoD4, both copies of GTAIV, the copy of Smash Bros and both copies of Army of Two.

EDIT: btw I live on Vancouver Island

[quote name='magiic']I went back last night soemone bought all three copies of CoD4, both copies of GTAIV, the copy of Smash Bros and both copies of Army of Two.

EDIT: btw I live on Vancouver Island[/quote]

which location do you go to?

[quote name='magiic']I went back last night soemone bought all three copies of CoD4, both copies of GTAIV, the copy of Smash Bros and both copies of Army of Two.

EDIT: btw I live on Vancouver Island[/quote]

magiic has competition!

[quote name='magiic']I go to the one in Colwood[/quote]

cool, vancouver island has the best 2/40$ selections evar. :D

I picked up

GTA4 PS3
RSV2 PS3
Condemned 2 360
Devil May Cry 4 360

left like 3 copies of GTA4 PS3
they had more condemned 2 on 360
army of two on both ps3 and 360 multiple copies
COD 4 ps3 and 360 multiple copies

can't think of many big titles they didn't have...

Smash bros Brawl on wii multiple copies there too but I don't have a wii so didn't really look at wii section.

thanks again OP, love these 2/40 deals, my rogers did not have a wide variety of selection but they had a ton of copies of GTA IV, picked up one of each for goozex, still left alot more copies on the shelves for others, check out Ottawa/River Road location if you live in Kitchener, they keep there games in great shape aswell

if only every rogers video was as good as magiic's. the best deal at the one closest to me is probably time shift for 50$.

[quote name='Caro']cool, vancouver island has the best 2/40$ selections evar. :D

I picked up

GTA4 PS3
RSV2 PS3
Condemned 2 360
Devil May Cry 4 360

left like 3 copies of GTA4 PS3
they had more condemned 2 on 360
army of two on both ps3 and 360 multiple copies
COD 4 ps3 and 360 multiple copies

can't think of many big titles they didn't have...

Smash bros Brawl on wii multiple copies there too but I don't have a wii so didn't really look at wii section.[/quote]

All I picked was COD4(PS3) as filler and SSBB to trade in towards GH: Aerosmith. There was oddly no more GTA's when I got there.

BTW, any chance anyone wanna somethingfor COD4?

Ya it seems we have nothing like that here in Toronto, :cry:

oh and magiic I'll gladly buy smash bros off of you and I'll be sending you a pm

bread's done
Back