GameStop Metal Gear Solid 4 Midnight Opening Store Locations

grumpier

CAGiversary!
Do not know if this should be here or not. But those with mgs4 LE preorders may find of interest.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/mgs4/MGS4Midnight.pdf

Hm... does this mean they'll be open super mega early, too? I'm usually asleep at midnight because I usually wake up at 5:30AM. I can probably get there shortly after 6:30AM, though.

After hearing that the Limited Edition may be hard to find from the Konami rep, I'm gonna probably get there good and early. Thanks, OP.

Crap, mine is open @ midnight. I say crap because if 24 hour Walmarts will sell the bundle after midnight, this is going to bring a lot more competition as every walmart in my area has a GS in the same shopping center.

[quote name='devildr1ver']this is one of the reasons why i preordered my LE copy so i dont have to go at midnight to make sure i get a copy[/quote]
When I pre-ordered MGS3 LE at GS they ended up seeling my copy to someone else. This is the same store that isn't doing a midnight release -_-

I wonder if this list is incomplete. I'd be very surprised if none of my GSs are doing a midnight launch for MGS4, considering most did it for GTA4...

[quote name='Ragekod']When I pre-ordered MGS3 LE at GS they ended up seeling my copy to someone else. This is the same store that isn't doing a midnight release -_-[/quote]

wow that sucks they are suppose to hold them for at least 2 days before they can sell them to the general public

[quote name='Ragekod']When I pre-ordered MGS3 LE at GS they ended up seeling my copy to someone else. This is the same store that isn't doing a midnight release -_-[/quote]

Assholes. :bomb:

I do know that from this list versus the one they had for GTA4 there are a lot less stores doing it. I am thinking by early next week they should have this posted on the forefront of their website, perhaps some may be added. On the other hand GTA4 was multi-platform and sold more than this will so who knows.

I wouldn't trust that list 100%...my store is not on the list as well but I talked to the store manager and they said they would be doing the midnight launch....thanx OP...but my advice is to just call your store to confirm

off topic but I had Wii fit reserved at best buy and they held on to it for 11 days for me...yes I was shocked

[quote name='Serpentor']My LE copy is shipped, just got the shipping notification.[/quote]

I fail to see how that's possible considering that the worldwide release date is June 12th.

For some reason I can't open that link. My computer sucks. Any Chicago locations?

[quote name='GuardianE']I fail to see how that's possible considering that the worldwide release date is June 12th.[/quote]

i don't know, but here's the e-mail:

clear.gif
Shipping Confirmation
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Order Date:[/FONT] 06-05-2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Order #:[/FONT] xxxxxxx
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tracking #:[/FONT] xxxxxxx
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Shipped To:[/FONT]
xxxxxx
clear.gif

clear.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Order Contents:[/FONT]

clear.gif
clear.gif
METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS Quantity Shipped: 1
clear.gif

clear.gif
For current tracking on your order, please click here:

[quote name='shadowkast']I wouldn't trust that list 100%...my store is not on the list as well but I talked to the store manager and they said they would be doing the midnight launch....thanx OP...but my advice is to just call your store to confirm[/quote]

I concur....I actually called a few stores that were ON the list and they said they ARE NOT doing the midnight launch...:cry::cry::cry:

[quote name='mf44']I concur....I actually called a few stores that were ON the list and they said they ARE NOT doing the midnight launch...:cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

my store told me that they are and that everyone will know who will do it and what will happen on Monday

[quote name='Serpentor']i don't know, but here's the e-mail:

clear.gif
Shipping Confirmation
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

clear.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Order Date:[/FONT] 06-05-2008
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Order #:[/FONT] xxxxxxx
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Tracking #:[/FONT] xxxxxxx
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Shipped To:[/FONT]
xxxxxx
clear.gif

clear.gif
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Order Contents:[/FONT]

clear.gif
clear.gif
METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS Quantity Shipped: 1
clear.gif

clear.gif
For current tracking on your order, please click here:[/quote]

Hmm... they probably made an error. Well, good luck. I hope you get it obscenely early!

Some peeps have gotten their copy already. There are a few youtube vids of people who got theirs from some website on like Tuesday.

Gamestop never (at least in STL) gives anything away for free at a midnight launch, which is why I got Halo 3 and GTA IV at Game Crazy. The exclusivity of the LE MGS 4 to Gamestop though changes those plans.

If anyone will be in Fenton, MO I will be there with my Zune.

My GameStop gave everybody in line free snacks and drinks for the Wii Launch and the GameStop near my parents' house had big raffles for the Madden launch each year.

I'm gonna ask if there are freebies at the local GS for the midnight launch, if yes, i'm gonna check it out (the freebies gotta be good enough though).

Yes, i pre-ordered one from B&M GS and one from on-line, all angles are covered for the LE :)

Tracked my order just now:

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 6:00 PM on June 4, 2008 in LOUISVILLE, KY 40221

[quote name='Serpentor']I'm gonna ask if there are freebies at the local GS for the midnight launch, if yes, i'm gonna check it out (the freebies gotta be good enough though).

Yes, i pre-ordered one from B&M GS and one from on-line, all angles are covered for the LE :)

Tracked my order just now:

Your shipment was accepted/picked up at 6:00 PM on June 4, 2008 in LOUISVILLE, KY 40221[/quote]

It'll probably be like Halo 3 & Newegg - they shipped early, but FEDEX / UPS has a hold order to not deliver til the 12. But who knows...

bread's done
Back