What if Games Went Gone?

leveskikesko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, I've been thinking scary thoughts. First being the possibility of somehow going blind, and no longer being able to play games.

As much as we may not think about it, our hobbies could easily be taken away.

What would you guys do if gaming wasn't possible for whatever reason?

I would be happy because then i couldn't read these dumbass threads anymore.

If you are that worried about not being able to play video games over BEING BLIND...you need to seriously go get help.

This is what my teacher is going on about...he states that video games are just a fad and any day now are gunna die out

Well, it's a multi-billion $ industry and they hold the highest entertainment launch revenue with GtaIV so I don't think they're going anywhere

[quote name='coolsteel']I probably would go outside[/quote]

:whistle2:k :???: :rofl:

[quote name='terribledeli']I'd find a new hobby because my world doesn't revolve around gaming?[/quote]

Obviously...can you be more specific?

This isn't omg, let's group suicide because video games are gone thread.

[quote name='terribledeli']I'd find a new hobby because my world doesn't revolve around gaming?[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Gaming's already not my top hobby, and the first thing that gets cut back when I get super busy.

And if I went blind, not being able to do hobbies like gaming would be the least of my worries....

But I'm already more into my work, outdoors stuff like hiking/fishing, movies, sports, TV, etc. than games, so losing gaming for another reason wouldn't cause me to loose any sleep.

[quote name='leveskikesko']Obviously...can you be more specific?

This isn't omg, let's group suicide because video games are gone thread.[/QUOTE]

Radio? Audio books? There are tons of things you can do even if you lose your vision.

Heh. This thread is entertaining. Everyone on cag acts like games are, "Meh whatever!" Psht...

BUT, if games were non existent, I think I would finally become productive other than work and school. But I don't think it's the games problem. I think its just my laziness, and it would find something else to sit in front of.

I would probably be in better shape, but then again I could just as easily do something else hat could take up as much time.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Heh. This thread is entertaining. Everyone on cag acts like games are, "Meh whatever!" Psht...

BUT, if games were non existent, I think I would finally become productive other than work and school. But I don't think it's the games problem. I think its just my laziness, and it would find something else to sit in front of.[/quote]

Seriously.

Gaming has been a huge hobby of mine as far back as I can remember, not afraid to admit it. So if it suddenly went away I'd be more than just a little annoyed.

As for what I'd do....I'd draw more. :D

(Also this thread isn't about losing your vision necessarily, it's about losing video games.)

I would listen to more music. I'd use the money I saved on games to buy the best sound system ever, a nice turntable, and a ton of music. Probably buy some instruments too.

or I'd just play the GBA game Orbital all. the. fucking. time.

See the issue is that not everyone on CAG has gaming as a "huge" hobby. It used to be my main hobby back in school and the first year or two of undergrad. But that was 10+ years ago and I just don't play that much. It really makes no sense that I post here as much as I do. Just having a job where I'm at a computer most of the time (including working from home after work a lot) and take short breaks to goof online, combined with the fact that I just haven't gotten into forums for my other interests.

For people who still have gaming as a "huge" hobby having "games went gone" would be a big deal. To people like me that don't play all that much anymore anyway it wouldn't really matter much.

If video games suddenly vanished, I'd be pissed because of all the money I've spent on my games disappears as well. But also, I'd go outside and hang out with friends as usual. The problem is that I play games when I have nothing else to do (Exhausted from work, rainy weather, etc.). THAT'S when I'll just stare at the wall or something...

bread's done
Back