Psi-Ops for free on Fileplanet

psyduck.gif
?

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Play this game. Demand a sequel![/quote]

Judging by the ending, they already had one in mind! :lol:

Too bad things turned out the way they did, though. I'd go for some more Psi-Ops.

[quote name='deadgopher']SHOOP DA WHOOP! downloaded![/quote]

It is never witty, nor clever, nor in style to restate anything uttered from 4chan.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Anyone who doesn't download this should die a thousand deaths.[/quote]

Do I have to die if I don't download it? I did purchase it the day it came out on the original X-Box

[quote name='Malignpariah']Do I have to die if I don't download it? I did purchase it the day it came out on the original X-Box[/quote]
Your safe...for now. I really wish more people would have bought this game so we could have gotten a sequel.

Wow, I was just talking about this game the other day, and was extremely surprised that it wasn't backwards compatible with the 360.

Hopefully it will still be free when i get home from work. I have the PS2 version, but hey, free is free! What are the specs for this game. I'm wondering if I can play this on my older pc too (2.7 gig celeron, 1 gig ram, 256 meg 6200 pci card). Work blocks most gaming sites, so I can't check for myself.

[quote name='Thirtyfour']Judging by the ending, they already had one in mind! :lol:

Too bad things turned out the way they did, though. I'd go for some more Psi-Ops.[/QUOTE]

By that logic, you should be expecting a sequel to the Super Mario Bros movie too. :)

I had this for PS2 when it first came out. Awesome game and now, downloading because I no longer have the game. :(

This game is better on consoles, really, but the PC version is quite nice.

If memory serves, the PC version lacked some of the unlockable concept videos and the swinging ball in the PSI powers playground room, but other than that you still have the awesome "THROW FLAMING BOXES AT PEOPLE OR THROW FLAMING PEOPLE AT BOXES" action, so either way, you get a GREAT game for free.

I remember playing a demo of this game on the PS2 and thought it was amazing. Not sure why I never picked up the game...

Anyways, in queue to download soon! Thanks OP!

Wow. This is weird. I downloaded it, but my computer says that this is a virus (I use AVAST). Has this happened to anyone else?

[quote name='VidPower'] Reminds me of the time they gave away the ad-filled Far Cry, Ghost Recon, Prince of Persia, and Raving Rabbids for free.)[/quote]

Oh, my. Are these still available for free?

[quote name='crzyboy88']Wow. This is weird. I downloaded it, but my computer says that this is a virus (I use AVAST). Has this happened to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

The game has ads that show up once you launch the game. Maybe it detects the ads. They are quite annoying.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Wow. This is weird. I downloaded it, but my computer says that this is a virus (I use AVAST). Has this happened to anyone else?[/quote]

I use Avast, and the same thing happened to me when I was downloading... ugh. Guess I'll pass on this game for now then.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Oh, my. Are these still available for free?[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, no. They disabled the ubi.com login, thus making the games useless. You can at least see the links for three of the games here, here, and here.

It is a great game that deserves a sequel, but until that lawsuit that got filed against Midway gets resolved, I doubt they'll do anything more with the game.

[quote name='crzyboy88']Wow. This is weird. I downloaded it, but my computer says that this is a virus (I use AVAST). Has this happened to anyone else?[/quote]

Yeah, Avast is detecting "Win32:JunkPoly [Cryp]" in the file named "PsiOps" (it has no extension). I can't find any info about it on the net.

It's probably related to the ads, but this is still chasing me away from running the game. It's aggravating, because I would love to try it.

Great game, that I never finished because it had an annoying bug (at least in the PS2) that made it impossible to beat one of the bosses near the end of the game. I'm sure they fixed it in the PC version.

Hmm...I guess I'll hold off until we get to the bottom of this virus thing. Hopefully it's not full blown spyware-I mean if it's just an ad service that runs while the game is running and is just related to the game, but...

[quote name='neonglow']The developers of this game went on to make Stranglehold.[/QUOTE]

But don't hold that against Psi Ops ;)

[quote name='VidPower']Was browsing fileplanet and noticed that they are giving away Psi-Ops for free (it is ad-supported though). Reminds me of the time they gave away the ad-filled Far Cry, Ghost Recon, Prince of Persia, and Raving Rabbids for free.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Oh, my. Are these still available for free?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VidPower']Unfortunately, no. They disabled the ubi.com login, thus making the games useless. [/QUOTE]

That's the other reason I'm worried about downloading this. I went through the hassle of setting up an account for those games, downloading them (multiple gigabytes), and then it turns out they disabled it within a few days of setting it up.

Had I known that, I never would have jumped through all those hoops. Don't know why I bothered with Far Cry since I already own it! Guess I couldn't resist "free". :)

I rented Psi Ops on the Playstation 2 back in the day and was REALLY impressed by it. Played really well, really fun, and the physics were really impressive. One of the best uses of physics in a game I can remember (the other obvious one being Half Life 2). I got stuck somewhere past the half way point though (there was this room with an energy wave I couldn't get past) so I never bought it.

Does anyone know if this will work on an Asus EEE PC 701? Also, on a side note, this game is great and was a lot of fun. Going by the ending, you would have surely expected to see a sequel as it left you wanting more and didnt really finish the story... A few years back when I was at a managers conference, the guys from Midway were there and said they received so many requests for a sequel (not sure why one hasnt been made yet.) But yeah, why is this not a supported Backwards Compatible game for the Xbox 360? Guess ill have to get the PS2 version and play on my PS3 :whistle2:\

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Does anyone know if this will work on an Asus EEE PC 701? Also, on a side note, this game is great and was a lot of fun. Going by the ending, you would have surely expected to see a sequel as it left you wanting more and didnt really finish the story... A few years back when I was at a managers conference, the guys from Midway were there and said they received so many requests for a sequel (not sure why one hasnt been made yet.) But yeah, why is this not a supported Backwards Compatible game for the Xbox 360? Guess ill have to get the PS2 version and play on my PS3 :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

Is that one of those sub-sub notebooks? I don't know...I'm guessing not well, as it's hardware might actually be lower end than an original Xbox except for RAM (although the CPU might actually be better since it's an updated design, but it's clocked slower, and the PC version probably had better graphics and demanded a bit higher system specs to begin with).

Man, I was just talking about this game with a coworker yesterday.
Psi-Ops was a true sleeper - I *loved* the ps2 version. Never finished it because one of the end bosses kept opening a can of whoop-ass on me though.

downloaded overnight. Thanks OP for heads up. I remember playing this long ago on the ps2 and was impressed. I just never got around to buying it for some odd reason.

Heh. I've owned this twice on Xbox and once on PS2 now.

Bought the Xbox version way-back-when, sold it, regretted it, then couldn't find it again (coulda ordered online, but tough to plan for old games when I have such a big new game backlog).

Bought the PS2 version, discovered it was, well, kinda crappy looking in comparison

Finally ran across a used Xbox version available for the impulse buy.

And ya know, I'm happy to have paid twice new and once used for the game. It's one of those where I just want to send them money.

But now that I've found out they made Strangehold too, I'd call buying that on launch day my penance. :/

[quote name='Wolfpup']
That's the other reason I'm worried about downloading this. I went through the hassle of setting up an account for those games, downloading them (multiple gigabytes), and then it turns out they disabled it within a few days of setting it up.
[/quote]
In the case of the other games, they required a login to ubi.com and the user to verify that he/she is from the U.S. From what I've read Ubisoft was concerned about non-Americans running those games. The ad-supported version of Psi-Ops does not require any logins or verifications.

Thanks! How bad are the ads?
I didn't really see the ads. They're supposed to be on the loading screens but the game loaded so fast for me that I didn't know whether the ads were loaded or not.

Haven't seen any ads.

A problem I encountered was that the game doesn't support widescreen (which is cool and all) but because of that it gets really choppy since it's basically stretching it. On XP I had a graphics driver which allowed me to have the graphics card automatically scale the ratio. However the driver for Vista doesn't allow it. Hence I blame the dang Vista. Just a rant don't mind me. I'm just pissed as I want this game. Though if you have a solution please share.

Hey, not related to the deal but....

I'm on the second level, the part where you need to use your one power to get the code from someone's office and use it on a keypad to open the door. I got the code, but when I try to enter it on the keypad, the keypad pops up and I can only move my cursor across the first row of numbers with the left and right arrow keys....up/down and the mouse don't do anything. Help?

bread's done
Back