PenguinUnited 24x DS Game Pouch back in stock (no coupon code this time?)

That's excellent that they brought these back, I was just mentioning them last week.

Remember kids, heed the warning on the back of the package, no matter how delicious the penguin looks:

2e5f85c5524c2fd4230e430813a38edb.jpg

It's a shame they're not bringing back the CAG exclusive, but black is cool. Not sure why they skewed the stinky penguin to the corner, though.

(this is my painted-green-with-permy-marker CAG exclusive):

1b5f0fd3a6353a2067273349a5fbd287.jpg

It still looks just as pukish green as it did a year+ ago.

I bought the case about 6 months ago. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but it wasn't of the best quality. The edges of the sleeves were weak, and ripped once I put some of my DS games into them. It reminded me of the trading card sleeves I had as a kid. It ended up with my DS games falling out of the sleeves. Scotch tape fixes this, but it's a concern that CAGs should be aware of.

I bought two of the CAG exclusive cases and they've been great cases. Not a single issue with either one.

I do like the blue and the all-black cases they have now.

[quote name='Oatmeal Batman']I bought the case about 6 months ago. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but it wasn't of the best quality. The edges of the sleeves were weak, and ripped once I put some of my DS games into them. It reminded me of the trading card sleeves I had as a kid. It ended up with my DS games falling out of the sleeves. Scotch tape fixes this, but it's a concern that CAGs should be aware of.[/QUOTE]

Really? I haven't had that problem at all... has anyone else?

On another note, the black case is sexy. I didn't see it when I ordered yet another (I've got three of these things already) and I really want the black one too... hmmm...

[quote name='Oatmeal Batman']I bought the case about 6 months ago. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but it wasn't of the best quality. The edges of the sleeves were weak, and ripped once I put some of my DS games into them. It reminded me of the trading card sleeves I had as a kid. It ended up with my DS games falling out of the sleeves. Scotch tape fixes this, but it's a concern that CAGs should be aware of.[/quote]
Did you trygetting ahold of them. If I remeber correctly from a nother thread, they are very helpfull.

Also if people can find the old thread, I was able to use the code after the posted period, so it might be worth the try.

I wish they would do another CAG case, I doubt I was even a member the first time they did this. Brown would be nice. I just ordered the Hori 16 game case but this looks nice too. Plus I think I've got enough DS games to fill them both up anyways.

My case has a few slots that have opened up on the bottom as well (maybe 3 out of 24), but it doesn't bother me. They never fall out by accident and it actually makes it easier to get them out.

If I wanted to fix them, a few pokes from a soldering iron (no solder, of course) would seal them right up permanently.

Coupon code doesn't work. "Invalid Coupon"

Like the new black pouch but not sure of picking it up without the discount. Last time, I ordered one and they cancelled my order without even notifying me.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']exactly how big are these things? Can't seem to find any size specs on them. I wish they had a bigger one, i'm up over 30 ds games.[/QUOTE]

The cases are pretty small, even more so for holding 24 game cards.

downsized_0623081633.jpg

[quote name='UncleBob']The cases are pretty small, even more so for holding 24 game cards.

downsized_0623081633.jpg
[/quote]

Thanks, for the pic. I may end up ordering a black one to match my black ds and black ds accessories.

I have too many DS games between the 2 systems in my house. I ordered both a blue and black to go with my CAG Grey and 2 Red I have.

funny how it's cheaper for shipping costs to order these individually. only 2.53 first class for each pouch. ordering 2 forces you to select Priority as the cheapest option at 8.25

[quote name='Alien Spider']Definitely interested in getting a black case, I'll wait and see if a coupon comes around though.[/quote]

Ditto. But I hope they don't get sold out before then.

I don't know, this website looks fishy to me. Their page for entering in CC info wasn't even secured via https, from what I could tell. I used Paypal, but don't know if I'm going to get screwed or not. Did anyone order from this website before?

[quote name='gremlinzrus']I don't know, this website looks fishy to me. Their page for entering in CC info wasn't even secured via https, from what I could tell. I used Paypal, but don't know if I'm going to get screwed or not. Did anyone order from this website before?[/quote]

You were not around for the first go with these, but if you want do a search for the old thread. They printed a case specifically for CAG and gave us a coupon code.

I had to place an order for a black since I have filled up my CAG one.

[quote name='coltcannon']You were not around for the first go with these, but if you want do a search for the old thread. They printed a case specifically for CAG and gave us a coupon code.

I had to place an order for a black since I have filled up my CAG one.[/quote]

Oh, you're right, I missed the first run (just looking at the previous thread now). Sorry for implying that the site was fishy, then! I ordered the black one, too, since I'm running out of space between my two sets of DS game card cases and needed a place to store my entire collection. Thanks for the information!

Actually, gremlinzrus, I think you're right about the site being kind of fishy. When I ordered my case the first time, I ordered directly from Penguin United's website. I've never heard of this "Gear of Game" company that's selling them now.
Can anyone post if/when they get theirs safe and sound?

I have bought like 10 things from Gear of Game and I believe that Penguin United is the same company. They are owned by Yao Interactive Media.

I ordered this case from them before and I actually got it 2 days later (1st class shipping). When they cancelled my 2nd order :cry: , they promptly refunded the full amount. I hadn't even noticed. Site is legit.

Damn, how come PU didnt have the black when I first reviewed it? After reviewing it and selling it to someone here, the case has been a hot seller!

Ah, I decided to go ahead and order. I couldn't hold off. An extra 10% off or whatever wouldn't be worth the wait/risk involved (of them going out of stock).

I have a question though... why was my shipping address preset to:
Seems like someone is trying to score a free case...?

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Ah, I decided to go ahead and order. I couldn't hold off. An extra 10% off or whatever wouldn't be worth the wait/risk involved (of them going out of stock).

Seems like someone is trying to score a free case...?[/quote]

Might be OP. When you click on the link you are logged in as "John".

Also went ahead and ordered the black case. Who knows if they will make more after they run out. They never made more of the CAG edition. Missed out on those. :cry:

While the company may be legit, I would strongly recommend not posting credit card info via a non-https site. I'd go with PayPal just to be safe.

[quote name='emg28']Might be OP. When you click on the link you are logged in as "John".

Also went ahead and ordered the black case. Who knows if they will make more after they run out. They never made more of the CAG edition. Missed out on those. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's not me, I promise... ?:\

Cheapy can vouch for me. If anyone wants to buy a case for me, I won't complain... but it's not me. ;)

Thanks for the info. Just ordered one of the blue ones. This is exactly the type od case I have been looking for.

I got my black case today. Its quite different to the CAG one, the outside corners are square, the pages are not quite as clear or sticky, the zipper isnt as loose and it has "GEAR OF GAME" embossed in the back. I will continue to buy these as long as I continue to buy DS games.

I am pretty close to having enough games to fill up the case I just ordered. Waiting to make sure I like it before purchasing a second one for future games.

[quote name='coltcannon']I got my black case today. Its quite different to the CAG one, the outside corners are square, the pages are not quite as clear or sticky, the zipper isnt as loose and it has "GEAR OF GAME" embossed in the back. I will continue to buy these as long as I continue to buy DS games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the corners on the black case are "square". I didn't much notice the difference in the pages, I took the already-stuffed pages out of one case to put them into the black one (too lazy to empty/refill). Didn't notice anything really different with the zipper and didn't even notice the GearofGame on the back until you pointed it out... ;)

These really are great cases - I hope PU continues to make them for everyone (considering I now have five, I can't imangine I'll ever need another... 120 DS games? All at once? Nawwww....

Ordered mine an hour or so after the thread was posted...hopefully it'll get here tomorrow.

Is there room to shove a GBA game or two in there, if it isn't full of DS games?

I currently have three of these cases (one red, two CAG), but the minute I saw the black one I knew I needed another.

I really need to start buying some DS games.

[quote name='coltcannon']I got my black case today. Its quite different to the CAG one, the outside corners are square, the pages are not quite as clear or sticky, the zipper isnt as loose and it has "GEAR OF GAME" embossed in the back. I will continue to buy these as long as I continue to buy DS games.[/quote]

Yeah, I got a red one earlier, and I like this one even better. The plastic with the old one wasn't too great and would loosen up over time.

[quote name='PrarieD0G']Ah, I decided to go ahead and order. I couldn't hold off. An extra 10% off or whatever wouldn't be worth the wait/risk involved (of them going out of stock).

Seems like someone is trying to score a free case...?[/quote]
Um, that's most of my address in your quote. I ordered a case from them on wed. I don't know why it would be showing up on your stuff. I checked to see if I got billed for any additional and didn't thankfully. Could you delete my address from your post please.

I'm assuming you are either Daniel or Nancy (same address and last name for both) for some reason your address is listed under my account on their site along with mine. I sent a letter to the site to delete my account. I don't know why you were logged in as me when you went there and I'm glad I used paypal not a credit card. I like the case, but I'll certainly never order from this site again.

I guess in the case that the poster doesn't see this, could a mod please remove my address from their post. Cause that is not cool to post full addresses like that though I understand why you did.

What is the deal with these cases? I've seen them posted here before and other places. IS the quality beyond compare or something? I dont have many ds games atm, but when lectures start up again I may need some for between breaks and this might fit good in my car.

[quote name='Clue']Um, that's most of my address in your quote. I ordered a case from them on wed. I don't know why it would be showing up on your stuff. I checked to see if I got billed for any additional and didn't thankfully. Could you delete my address from your post please.

I'm assuming you are either Daniel or Nancy (same address and last name for both) for some reason your address is listed under my account on their site along with mine. I sent a letter to the site to delete my account. I don't know why you were logged in as me when you went there and I'm glad I used paypal not a credit card. I like the case, but I'll certainly never order from this site again.

I guess in the case that the poster doesn't see this, could a mod please remove my address from their post. Cause that is not cool to post full addresses like that though I understand why you did.[/quote]

When I clicked the link I was automatically logged in as you. That goes for anyone who clicked that link, I think. Hmm... it's a good thing your credit card information was not saved! Whoever suggested not using CC on a non-https server was right--Paypal is the way to go.

Ah dude, so sorry about that. I should not have posted the full address--my bad... I was just kinda peeved, ya know.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']What is the deal with these cases?...IS the quality beyond compare or something?[/quote]

It's not so much the quality (which is good), but the fact that there's really nothing else design-wise to compare this to. No one makes anything close to this in terms of capacity (24 DS carts) and size (smaller than a DVD case and not much thicker).

It's the best choice period for DS cart storage, just be sure to use Paypal when checking out :)

bread's done
Back