- - - - -

Persona 4: Released and Ready 2 Play! Metacritic Score -- A Whoppin' 93!!!

#931 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

Enjoy! I got it from the DotD as well, best 26 bucks I've ever spent. I can already tell I'm going to play this game through at least a few times.

Christ, where are you going to find the free time?

#932 thegodfather   Will work for video games CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

thegodfather

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

Seriously. I'm 92 hours in on my first play through, I would expect a second run to take at least 50.
Posted Image

#933 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

Christ, where are you going to find the free time?

I'm not saying I'm going to do it immediately. :lol:

I've played FFVI through probably 20-25 times, and that's over 15 years. Right now I'm feeling the same way about P4.

33126.png

#934 Kamagii   Ninja Gaiden speedrunner CAGiversary!   3358 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:36 PM

Won this game & the booster pack (bear/calendar/cd/shirt)

76561198023547234.png

PSN: Kamagii

Xbox: McFryyy

#935 happy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1486 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:36 AM

I just want to recommend everyone check out giantbomb's video series playing persona 4. They have 25 videos so far (each between 15 and 50 minutes - mainly about 20), going through the end of the first dungeon. It's just them playing the game and talking (neither of them have played it before). I find it quite entertaining, and it's interesting to watch how other people approach their RPGs. You'll find all of them if you click the endurance run link on their videos page.

I'm hoping they do it with Nocturne next because I never finished that and had no idea what was going on (of course at this pace, releasing a 20 min video every day, Persona 4 will take them most of the year)

#936 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

Just finished up the
Spoiler

#937 Toy Trades!   USA! CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Toy Trades!

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

i'm actually thinking i might complete this game, since the story is pretty interesting and i'm not a big fan of random battles. compared to nocturne, which was pretty hard and less forgiving in the battle system. plus, the story in nocturne was kinda blah (played for about 30 hours i think), personas a little harder to collect, and funky mazes. eh, i do still kinda like nocturne though don't get me wrong.

100+ Toys for Sale or Trade! Figures/Hot Wheels/WWE/Minimates/Marvel/DC/NECA/Funko/McFarlane/Sanrio/GI Joe/Comics+more!http://www.cheapassg...more-for-trade/

Hire Me!  Check out my Artwork!  http://mentos888.dev...art.com/gallery

#938 Brian9824   CAG-Obsessed CAGiversary!   3541 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Well bad ending is um well bad. Gotta go work on the good ending now.

#939 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

The real ending isn't that different, actually. It's what's in between that's interesting, and totally changes things. I feel bad for anyone who plays not knowing that there's so much more content at the end that can be easily missed.

#940 Toy Trades!   USA! CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Toy Trades!

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

is there any way to check the main character's stat level (e.g. on expression, courage, diligence, understanding, knowledge?) there probably isn't but just curious.

100+ Toys for Sale or Trade! Figures/Hot Wheels/WWE/Minimates/Marvel/DC/NECA/Funko/McFarlane/Sanrio/GI Joe/Comics+more!http://www.cheapassg...more-for-trade/

#941 thegodfather   Will work for video games CAGiversary!   707 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

thegodfather

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

There is! Go to the status menu and look at the MC and it will show you his stats.
Posted Image

#942 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

There is! Go to the status menu and look at the MC and it will show you his stats.

Imagine that.

#943 Toy Trades!   USA! CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Toy Trades!

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

funny, i never even pressed that status button on the main menu...only a few times. haha. anyways, i got the true ending today after getting the bad ending (and going WTF?!?!), so the P4 game is pretty cool... i started Persona 3 awhile back but was kind of turned off by all the dark brooding atmosphere and only got an hour into it. So...gonna try it out again. Anyone else here think P4 is better than P3?

Edited by mentos888, 10 April 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#944 McBain   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:22 PM

Are you sure you got the true ending and not the normal ending? The true ending involves tackling another dungeon after meeting up with all the people you maxed out social links with.

P3 and P4 are definitely different games. Pretty much P3 is more epic from what I hear and P4 is lighthearted.

#945 Toy Trades!   USA! CAGiversary!   743 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Toy Trades!

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:53 PM

yah, i did....the P4 bad ending was pretty horrible and dark. in the true ending i went through that extra dungeon and fighting that last BIG boss. just started P3 again and kinda liking it so far (although the graphics are better in P4)... one thing i liked in P3 is that once you enter your dorm building, you can sort of go in and out without the game advancing to the next day. i guess i gotta give the game time to enjoy it more.

#946 playguuu   Wisdom CAGiversary!   2883 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:02 AM

I really think Persona 4 is the better game, mainly because of the improvements in design over Persona 3 (having control of your characters, knowing what each spell actually does, having Guard command, the more variety in the dungeons, being able to switch locations just by pressing square, among others). The voiceacting is a lot better in P4 too, I thought.

Bing Rewards - Use Bing as your search engine and earn gift cards!

#947 Backlash   www.thecoverproject.net CAGiversary!   4792 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

I just started P4 (on April 20) and I have a question about flow of events/time. In P3, you could spend your anfternoon doing a Social Link and still dungeon crawl later. It seems like in P4 you have to either do an S Link OR go into the TV, but then your evening is free (although I'm not sure what I can use that time for besides studying anyway). Is that true? Or can I somehow do an S Link and go into the TV on the same day?

#948 Gregalor   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5172 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

I just started P4 (on April 20) and I have a question about flow of events/time. In P3, you could spend your anfternoon doing a Social Link and still dungeon crawl later. It seems like in P4 you have to either do an S Link OR go into the TV, but then your evening is free (although I'm not sure what I can use that time for besides studying anyway). Is that true? Or can I somehow do an S Link and go into the TV on the same day?

No, you have it right. You have to make the choice.

#949 playguuu   Wisdom CAGiversary!   2883 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:54 PM

as you progress through the game, you will find many more things to do during the evening, however. But yes in the afternoon its either TV or nothing else

Bing Rewards - Use Bing as your search engine and earn gift cards!

#950 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12654 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

Even tough your options seem limited in P4 you do level faster and the game progresses quicker as oppsosed to P3. From what I remember playing through each dungeon twice should net you plenty of experiance and is perfered since your second run normally grants you a nice weapon at the end. Other than that you'll have a good amount of time to level up S.Links.