Your thoughts on best of this year's E3?

Foo228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (98%)
Sure, it was pretty lackluster in terms of announcements and things to look forward to (as most of the things we knew...even a day ahead of time ;)) but I'm sure you guys found something to look forward to within the next year.

In this thread, post what you thought may be the best of e3 this year...not announcements of certain games (on certain systems :cool:), how lackluster the show was (we already know that), but to hype up the games that are coming. Basically, find gameplay vids/trailers of stuff you think shouldn't be missed come this holiday/next year's big spring line-up.

My picks:
Mirror's Edge

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KLwKMjUxvQQ

Prince of Persia

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W1R0hjR3pa0

Sonic Unleashed

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7otO6GShwDI

(read my blog for my opinion on Werehog :roll:)

Tna Impact!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bIhYAQG3sWA

Little King Story looks hilarious!

Take your happy citizens and carouse about with them in a carefree manner......and then work them like dogs!

I also vote Fat Story. This completely negates Microsoft getting Final Fantasy 13.

Prince of Persia and Mirror's Edge look really promising.

FF XIII, Pikmin 3, both Tri-Ace games and Mega Man 9 are also looking interesting.

Far Cry 2 looks good as fuck, though Project Origin still edges it out because it's impossibly cool. It's like the sequel to FEAR as well as Shogo.

It's pretty interesting the lack of exclusives every year. It seems every major game is a multiplatform title now.

Exclusive's rant:
I'm starting to look forward to a one console future. It's essentially there. Exclusives are becoming non existent, next generation I will get only one console. Microsoft say's they are "stealing Sony's exclusives" I don't believe that is true, it's just that Sony had the only console with the majority of the 3rd party exclusives (PSone/PS2) because Xbox was so brand spanking new, that developers were hesitant releasing something exclusively to their console. And so now, it's inevitable that all the exclusives would/will go multiplatform (due to the insane high developing costs) and so basically that equals all Sony's "exclusives"...

So it kind of makes no sense, they were Sony's exclusives because they had no where else to go. Yea you can say, "Microsoft single handedly stole the exclusives" but, it's not a negative because it was bound to happen no matter what. I'm not saying that this is an excuse on why Sony should not be worried, cause it does kill them, but it's also bad for the 360 as well (limiting the amount of their exclusives as well)...

Last edited by a moderator:
All the fucking threads about E3. Those are my favorite.

This:

conference.gif

Fat Princess

Mad World trailer

More E3 threads

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm starting to look forward to a one console future.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean YOUR future is one-console? Or the INDUSTRY's future is one console? Because if it's the latter, well none of the three companies are doing so poorly as to warrant that prediction.

My fav's:

Hearing Alan Seeger at an otherwise snooze-fest press conference.

Duke Nukem Trilogy trailer. You have to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ex~']
Doom Trilogy trailer. You have to see it.[/quote]

Did you mean Duke Nukem?

Anyways, yeah. Fat Princess was GOTS.

I think Left 4 Dead looks really good with what we see from E3 this year. It's not surprising, though, considering it's from Valve.

Project Origin looks great and I am glad Monolith is forging ahead with the next installment and ignoring the abysmal expansion packs.

Mirror's Edge looks like fun. It has certainly piqued my interest.

Dead Space and Fat Princess also piqued my interest, as they are looking pretty good.

Sadly, all of these are first-person, and 3/4 of them are fps' while the other is an fpa/fps. I really wish some good varitey would come out. Fat Princess is a rare breed of creativity to work that doesn't involve shooting something in ultra-realistic graphics.

The announcement of having the Netflix Instant View movies on the 360 for no extra charge for Gold members was the biggest for me. Movies>games to me and I haven't made much use of the instant watch feature as I hate watching movies on my pc. So I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Gamewise I didn't really see much new that piqued my interest beyond stuff like Gears 2 that I was already stokes for.

bread's done
Back