GoGamer Madness (PC) Sam & Max $13, Mass Effect $30

Jump on Sam and Max for that price. It may be an adventure game, but even if you go through the entire thing with a walkthrough the humor is worth it.

[quote name='runningman10000']I am pretty sure I just saw Sam and Max Season 1 at Walmart for 9.99 the other day.[/quote]

Was it in a jewel case on the top rack? I think that is just episodes 1-3.

[quote name='rebthor']Anyone know of any better deals on Mass Effect? I am somewhat tempted.[/quote]

This is the best deal I've seen so far (aside from the $29.99 Lightning Deal they had on Amazon some time ago)

I'm reading up on GoGamer and I'm a bit confused about what they're offering. Are these new, used, or "other"? Some ratings site reviews have mentioned the games sent have clearly been opened and/or not in mint condition. I looked all around their website, and I don't see any mention of condition anywhere.

If this is the case, I think I'd rather just get it from Amazon for a few bucks more ($17.99 w/free shipping vs. $15.89 shipped from GG.com)

[quote name='Kerig']I'm reading up on GoGamer and I'm a bit confused about what they're offering. Are these new, used, or "other"? Some ratings site reviews have mentioned the games sent have clearly been opened and/or not in mint condition. I looked all around their website, and I don't see any mention of condition anywhere.

If this is the case, I think I'd rather just get it from Amazon for a few bucks more ($17.99 w/free shipping vs. $15.89 shipped from GG.com)[/QUOTE]

The games they sell are new, but SOMETIMES the box will come dinged up. I've only had a problem like that once, though. Back when they had Neverwinter Nights Diamond for 5 bucks or whatever it was, my copy came in and looked like it had been through hell and back. You could even see gunk on it where pricing stickers used to be. It was sealed, but the box looked really bad. So I guess you are taking a gamble, sort of, but that is the only time I've ever been displeased with GoGamer.

The games are new. The only issue that I've ever had is that occasionally they'll have the international version of the game (say the one sold in UK) which is what's cheap. Now they mark all the international versions, but it didn't used to be the case.

For the unaware: Spellforce 2 is an AMAZING RTS / WoW hybrid that's basically a friggin' steal for $5.90.

Here's the title's meta-score: Spellforce 2 @ Metacritic.com

...and b/c the game is a year or two old, it'll run very well on most PC's. A great game for those of you who like the gear, skill trees, and exploration of WoW, but with some RTS segments blended throughout.

I picked up the Gold edition of this title a few weeks ago for $30, and would still recommend the game at this price.

[quote name='Kerig']I'm reading up on GoGamer and I'm a bit confused about what they're offering. Are these new, used, or "other"? Some ratings site reviews have mentioned the games sent have clearly been opened and/or not in mint condition. I looked all around their website, and I don't see any mention of condition anywhere.

If this is the case, I think I'd rather just get it from Amazon for a few bucks more ($17.99 w/free shipping vs. $15.89 shipped from GG.com)[/QUOTE]

I've been ordering games from them since 2000, even back in the days when they were know as compuexpert.com. And I've always gotten new games and the boxes have been in good shape the vast majority of the time. Highly recommended and it's hard to beat their 48 hour madness prices. But, yeah, the shipping can be a gotcha, so Amazon can sometimes be a better deal in that regard. They used to have a deal where they would ship up to 3 games for the same price as 1 but I haven't seen that in a while now.

Good price on Sam & Max if you just want the games, but keep in mind that a special 1-disc DVD edition is sold only through Telltale's website, which has a lot more bonus features, such as 4 hours of cutscenes w/ developer commentary tracks. Yes, it's more expensive (a little over $35) but it's the only way to go for completists.

[quote name='Vegan']Good price on Sam & Max if you just want the games, but keep in mind that a special 1-disc DVD edition is sold only through Telltale's website, which has a lot more bonus features, such as 4 hours of cutscenes w/ developer commentary tracks. Yes, it's more expensive (a little over $35) but it's the only way to go for completists.[/quote]

Interesting you should say that. The Gogamer version seems to be DVD (says PC-DVD on the package, and it comes in a DVD hardcase) but it also says "12+" on it, so it's most likely an international DVD version. I wonder if it has the extra content you're mentioning...

It still has 5 days left for the sale price, perhaps someone can update us after they receive it from them...

Hmm, Sam and Max is out of stock for now. But I'm guessing it'll come back in stock before the end of the sale... at least, I hope. Then again, with shipping it's not much cheaper than $18 at Amazon (pre-shipping).

That's a bummer about Sam and Mex beeing OOS... I could wait for it to (hopefully) restock, but Mass Effect is hot at $29.90 and could go OOS as well.

So screw that, I'm jumping on Mass Effect, and will just place another order if Sam and Max returns...

bread's done
Back