Banjo-Kazooie & Viva Pinata 2 $36.99 Pre-orders at Newegg - $40 MSRP

thanks, i preordered banjo kazooie... i doubt that this will be retail price when games like Lego Indiana Jones start out at 49.99.

I updated the OP and title to highlight the two games from NewEgg, which I think is a better deal. For $1 more, you get three-day shipping.

I'll likely front page this soon.

Here is the original post goldursaring, which I edited for front page formatting:

It comes out in a month, so I figured I'd look around for prices. Amazon has it at $59.99. I've had great experiences with buy.com, so I'm not too concerned, but I haven't preordered from them before. In the past, Rare games have come to the 360 at $49.99, but Microsoft hasn't released a game at that price in a long time and these would still be savings worth mentioning at that price.

Buy.com $38.99 (free shipping available, tax in some states)

It's also available for $37.95 at two sites, but I've never purchased from them, so I can't tout for them at all.

eStarland
PC Connection

newegg (listed as Viva Pinata 2)

I was also looking at the other upcoming Rare game, Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. The best deal is at newegg.com right now for $36.99.

Banjo & Kazooie at New Egg

Last edited by a moderator:
both buy.com and newegg are showing viva pinata as sold out.
this would be a great deal as viva pinata is a day one purchase for me.

[quote name='ivanctorres']both buy.com and newegg are showing viva pinata as sold out.
this would be a great deal as viva pinata is a day one purchase for me.[/quote]
I believe they're showing that simply because it's a pre-order, not a normal sale. I believe it's normal, but I'm not entirely sure. I ordered anyway, simply because, even if my copy ships later, I'm saving about $20 per game this way.

Hm...both were on my likely purchase list, at this price I can't complain. New Egg is usually pretty good too. Thanks, OP!

Buy.com put a hold on my debit card. Newegg isn't up on my bank's website yet.

Thanks CheapyD, was my first time posting a topic, so I wasn't very sure how to best do it.

[quote name='Gorge']Do they charge your CC now or when the order ships?[/quote]
I checked myself before ordering, and Newegg charges you when the game ships.

Also, there are rumors that the games will be going for $39.99 as the MSRP, however with the cheaper price and 3 day shipping of Newegg it's still a penny cheaper shipped than buying in a store at that price! :D

Yeah, I went ahead and pre-ordered both. I'll probably regret it though, because if they go for $40 MSRP, then I could always find them $5-10 cheaper on eBay...

can you cancel the orders on newegg if retail turns out to be $40 ? i did some searching and gamestop had banjo and viva at $40 on their site before they took it down.

Well I ordered Banjo... really I don't care if it is MSRP... I figure I'd buy it right when it came out anyways and this just ensures that I don't forget to pick this game up, as I'm really looking forward to it.

Bummer. I like newegg for PC parts, but their shipping to Hawaii is ridiculous. $16 is the cheapest option...and this is for an item that's very light and relatively small.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but Gamestop had both listed at $39 as well before they yanked 'em. I preordered Banjo there, but if it looks like this is SRP it will get canceled.

[quote name='gkrykewy']5.5% live.com cashback too[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I went ahead and did that to almost negate the CA tax.

[quote name='Maromi']How do you get the 5.5% with this? I know about the live search thing, but I can't seem to get the cashback icon.[/QUOTE]

cashback stores, not search. It's like fatwallet. You don't see an icon on the newegg side.

I grabbed both and fable 2 CE for(which is also a deal at $66.99) with 5.5% cashback from neweg.
$150.75 after shipping for all 3 before the 5.5%.

[quote name='majorscud']I grabbed both and fable 2 CE for(which is also a deal at $66.99) with 5.5% cashback from neweg.
$150.75 after shipping for all 3 before the 5.5%.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they have a few dollars off a lot of them. I assume to offset the $3 shipping which puts them right at SRP. Easy way to compete with Amazon and free shipping.

I noticed Rock Band 2 has a few bucks knocked off as well. Unfortunately that is a day one purchase for me and 3 days shipping won't suffice. :lol:

I have a really hard time believing Banjo is only going to be $40 and not $60. Maybe it's just me, but that's the game I'm most looking forward to on the 360 (or any system) this fall, and to me is their biggest "gun".

At any rate, I just preordered! Even if $40 is MSRP, that's still a good deal! Won't hurt Microsoft thinking that 1) people like the $40 price point, and 2) people like platformers/Rare stuff.

I hope the game's good. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a straight platformer since other than Super Mario Galaxy we haven't gotten a good one since Jak & Daxter 1/Ape Escape 2, and before that the N64 stuff.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I hope the game's good. I'm a bit disappointed that it's not a straight platformer since other than Super Mario Galaxy we haven't gotten a good one since Jak & Daxter 1/Ape Escape 2, and before that the N64 stuff.[/QUOTE]

No love for Ratchet & Clank Future?

I think they are just trying to squeeze into that casual market Nintendo has carved out. They have the new friendly dash as well & what better way to compete than price their games in line with Wii offerings?

[quote name='Corvin']No love for Ratchet & Clank Future?

I think they are just trying to squeeze into that casual market Nintendo has carved out. They have the new friendly dash as well & what better way to compete than price their games in line with Wii offerings?[/QUOTE]

I don't like Ratchet & Clank, and plus it's not a platformer.

And Banjo isn't a casual game (neither is Viva Pinata for that matter).

I'm semi-tempted to preorder Viva Pinata 2 also, but I didn't like the first one.

Banjo appears dead now, as it is showing up as 56.99. I hope they honor those that got in at the discounted price.

[quote name='djfp']Banjo appears dead now, as it is showing up as 56.99. I hope they honor those that got in at the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Shit that never crossed my mind when I canceled my Gamestop order. :(

[quote name='djfp']Banjo appears dead now, as it is showing up as 56.99. I hope they honor those that got in at the discounted price.[/quote]
Wow, glad I preordered it when I did!

[quote name='djfp']Banjo appears dead now, as it is showing up as 56.99. I hope they honor those that got in at the discounted price.[/quote]
Not for me.

Yeah, it's still 36.99 for me too. I already canceled my order for Viva Pinata 2 and Banjo though. I'm almost sure they will both be 39.99 MSRP.

Oh, wow. I'd do that...except Gamestop.com refuses to accept my credit cards OR my Edge card's credit (they can't "verify" that I have enough money ON THEIR OWN CARD *shakes head in disbelief*)

But oh well, I'm glad I got in on this. I want to support both the $40 price point (if this really is MSRP, which I doubt), and a genre that's been neglected for years.

36.99 is appearing for me once again, so I am in for one. MSRP or not, that is a great price combined with the 2.99 3-day shipping, and no tax! Thanks op!

Amazon is showing Banjo at $40 now, but VP2 is still at $60. I'll probably wait until Christmas for these. I'm convincing myself that all I need before then is Madden, Spore and Rock Band 2. I bought Viva Pinata right before GTA4 came out for around $11ish using the 20% off used 360 games coupon at Gamestop. I still haven't gotten around to playing it much.

Dang, now I'm wondering if I should get it from Amazon instead, since don't they theoretically guarantee the price? I'll place the second order and cancel one of them...

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, now I'm wondering if I should get it from Amazon instead, since don't they theoretically guarantee the price? I'll place the second order and cancel one of them...[/quote]
I'm fairly certain that Newegg guarantees the price, but I'm not entirely sure. I'd look through the help and FAQs on there, and see what it says.

bread's done
Back