$152 for a picture of a used Xbox?

Wow, someone is gonna be pissed when they recieve a picture of the Xbox. This guy is a total scammer, and the people bidding on it are obviously not reading the description. What an ass.

his description is misrepresentational, because he says its perfect, and his picture sucks.

either way, gotta love morons bidding on this stuff :rofl:

[quote name='tcrash247']the people bidding on it are obviously not reading the description. What an ass.[/quote]

they must not be reading the title either.

this guy is my hero

Once I receive payment, I will e-mail you the picture ASAP. I can ship to ANYWHERE in the world for this auction.

lolololololololol

QUOTE: You can't find this picture of these combined items anywhere else!
This is a great picture of an excellent Xbox collection!

These bidders are morons.

OH wow, what a bargin for a "great picture of an excellent Xbox collection!"

I feel sorry for the buyer, what a MORON. I'm surprized it got up to $152 but most buyers just glance at the picture and barely read the title if that before bidding.

"You are bidding on a perfect picture of a used XBOX ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM. The picture includes 1 (one) used XBOX with all necessary power/audio/video cables, 1 (one) standard XBOX controller, 1 (one) additional controller, 1 (one) XBOX memory card, and 5 (five) used games - Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, SSX3, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawk's Underground.

You can't find this picture of these combined items anywhere else!
This is a great picture of an excellent Xbox collection!"

It's so funny that no one else has picked up on that the guy didn't actually pay him.. except that guy up there.

FAST Payment!! GREAT Communication & Understanding!! Thanks for the laugh! A++++

I would imagine he sent the guy a picture of the money.

Just another example of andother stupid ass ebayer. That guy must have not have even conidered reading anything on the description. Idiots.

wow, okay ummm in defense of the buyer he did include specs on the system and the game which make it a bit confusing, afterall if I'm buying a picutre why do I need a description of the games in the picture?

But really this is just plain sad.

JUST IN TIME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

You can't find this picture of these combined items anywhere else!
This is a great picture of an excellent Xbox collection!

Yes! Finally, that rare picture of an used XBOX and accessories! I better put that on my Christmas list!

I think maybe you guys are reading the feedback wrong.....the feedback that states...

FAST Payment!! GREAT Communication & Understanding!! Thanks for the laugh! A++++

...is from the seller to buyer. This means that the seller is thanking the buyer for the fast payment and is laughing at him for actually paying for the picture, stating "thanks for the laugh", meaning thanks for letting me pull one over on ya. The buyer hasn't left the seller feedback yet.

Anyone else see it this way? I'm pretty sure that's what it actually is, let me know if I'm wrong.

[quote name='emceelokey']Just another example of andother stupid ass ebayer. That guy must have not have even conidered reading anything on the description. Idiots.[/quote]

anyone ever think that maybe these people are bidding just to be play into this guy's joke on purpose? after all, there is a way to rescind your bid. And this type of stuff IS against ebay rules and if it was brought to their attention they'd probably kick the guy off ebay.

This happened back when the PS2 first came out. Some scumbag ran like 100 auctions like this, shipped out big Priority Mail boxes filled with packing material and a picture. I think he was eventually arrested for mail fraud.
I don't even want to look at the auction, it'll make me too mad, that there are both people stupid enough to bid on them, and asshole enough to do this scam.

The seller wrote:

Seller's payment instructions
READ ITEM DESCRIPTION!! SOLD AS DESCRIBED!! NO RETURNS!! NO REFUNDS!!

Another eBay scam. Suckers.

how many times has somebody on CAG found an auction like this and posted it here, and have many people jokingly bid on it.

Just because the person bidded on the item doesnt mean he didnt know it really wasnt an xbox.

The seller is really lame. He is totally trying to scam people, why would he include details about the XBox and the games if he's selling the picture.

Why do people not read the description if they're going to bid on an item, seems dumb to me? :whistle2:k

I don't really care if the auction says it is for a picture, it's still a scam and ebay shouldn't allow this type of thing. I have seen way too many auctions like this lately and it will hurt eBay in the long run. Someone was selling PS2 pictures the other day in a similar fashion.

Fully agreed - this is a total scam. Yeah, the buyer needs to take some responsibility, but the seller is a jerk for posting this trash, and eBay ought to be doing a little more to prevent this junk from getting listed.

that shit was hilarious it made me laugh for about ten seconds then i got old but then it was funny again. thanx to the seller

The picture includes 1 (one) used XBOX with all necessary power/audio/video cables, 1 (one) standard XBOX controller, 1 (one) additional controller, 1 (one) XBOX memory card, and 5 (five) used games - Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, SSX3, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Tony Hawk's Underground.

Had he not added the word "includes", he could have gotten away with it.

As it stands, due to his wording, after a person wins his auction, they would get the picture, the Xbox and all of the other related things.
Had he used the word shows, depicts, etc, he'd have been in the clear.
Becuase of his wording, he has to give them the product.

its realy the buyers fault he didnt read the description. Ebay realy cant, and shouldnt do something bacause of omeones stupidity of buying an expensive item and not even reading the description. I mean i feel sorry for the guy but he had it comming when he didnt read the descriptiom. I do agree the the seller was a total ass and is ripping him off and prolly will go to hell, but it is totaly legit.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']The bidder question on the bottom DS auction is priceless.

Q: Is this an ACTUAL picture of a DS?

A: Yes, it is.[/quote]

Posted already, and anyway, if someone really wants this xbox picture, you copy it, paste it, then print it. I could pull this scam if I really wanted but I don't want to be asshole-ish.

I wonder if the scam here isn't a little bit more subtle. For example: the seller colludes with the buyer to post and bid on a sham auction. The buyer agrees that he won't pay any money, but they will both leave positive feedback at the end of the auction. For a modest listing fee (30 cents, I think) the buyer and seller get something valuable - a positive feedback and higher feedback percentage. This could make the seller's (or buyer's) other unscrupulous auctions easier to pull off. Just a thought...maybe I've watched Conspiracy Theory too many times :D

bread's done
Back