best SNL sketch EVER

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Hmmm.

Now I remember why I stopped watching SNL.[/quote]

Jimmy Fallon? If so, you may not want to watch Late Night after Conan assumes Jay's role.

I wish you could find Swill (bottled water from Lake Erie, lol) and other skits on Youtube but it looks like NBC cracked down on most SNL content so they can peddle the shitty DVD collections of the era people REALLY want to watch. There's nothing much at all from John Belushi.

Yes one of my favorite SNL sketches. Never seems to get old. The OC(tv show) scene it's parodying is more ridiculous than the parody itself.

Funny stuff. What's even funnier is that I knew it was going to be this sketch before I even clicked the link. Seriously, that's the weirdest thing ever.
(Other than that time my cat got into my room.)

Hey Crunch I"m guessing MadTV ripped off Mr. Show? There is a skit just like that that appeared on MadTV. Had to be, I think Mr. Show was canceled long before the segment aired on MadTV.

I thought the clip was pretty funny.

I can't believe I paused The Stooges to watch something from SNL. Clearly a lapse in judgment on my part.

I'm sorry, Iggy. :cry:

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Lol, that wasn't too bad.

But they really need to cancel SNL, bring back Mr. Show on HBO, then edit it for television so it can be rebroadcast in SNL's place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n-rGnI9XNo[/quote]

Bob and David are doing a new "sitcom" for HBO that should be out soon. They filmed the pilot in May.

Edit: OOO I guess not anymore, but I guess the pilot got them excited to do something together again. Hopefully, a new sketch show....

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny that there seems to be a general consensus that either the Matt Foley skits from SNL or Mr. Show was the best comedy ever. Well, in reality, Bob Odenkirk created the character of Matt Foley while at SNL.

So, no matter how you toss the coin, Bob Odenkirk is fucking hilarious.

[quote name='R1V3R5']It's funny that there seems to be a general consensus that either the Matt Foley skits from SNL or Mr. Show was the best comedy ever. Well, in reality, Bob Odenkirk created the character of Matt Foley while at SNL.

So, no matter how you toss the coin, Bob Odenkirk is fucking hilarious.[/quote]

Except for when he writing for "Joey"

[quote name='gareman']Except for when he writing for "Joey"[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Maybe you are referring to the crappy NBC show? Because he never wrote for that show.

Part of what makes the original clip funny is the reference to the O.C. I've never seen the O.C. so I had to have the clip explained to me.

As far as the SNL digital shorts go, I've found the music videos to be much funnier.

Can someone explain the OC scene that the skit is supposed to represent? I avoid pretty much everything on the WB (or whatever it's called).

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I wish you could find Swill (bottled water from Lake Erie, lol) and other skits on Youtube but it looks like NBC cracked down on most SNL content so they can peddle the shitty DVD collections of the era people REALLY want to watch. There's nothing much at all from John Belushi.[/QUOTE]

Little Chocolate Donuts

The Matt Foley sketch is definitely the best, Farley wasn't even supposed to fall onto the table, check out the horrified look on Spade's face.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']anyone care to explain the funny part of the clip?[/quote]

To which clip are you referring?

I remember that clip wombat, it was solid.

Some SNL stuff is very relative to your pop-culture interest. The OC stuff was only mildly funny to me, I would be in a more Melrose/90210 age bracket. The OC sketch also broke the rule of three.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']To which clip are you referring?

I remember that clip wombat, it was solid.

Some SNL stuff is very relative to your pop-culture interest. The OC stuff was only mildly funny to me, I would be in a more Melrose/90210 age bracket. The OC sketch also broke the rule of three.[/quote]

the first one, everyone shoots each other in an overly dramatic way as was predicted in the letter.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']anyone care to explain the funny part of the clip?[/QUOTE]

Well you see, they take a potentially funny concept or joke/phrase/saying and simply repeat it for 3 - 5 minutes. Voila! You have a SNL sketch.

bread's done
Back