Gamestop instore pickup option

el swordo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
do you have to pay it in full when reserving it online? i was gonna take i hike over there later i need the exercise but then it started to rain. when i went through before it said 59.99 when it said confirm purchase. id like to pay with credit that i have

From what Cheapy has said all you are doing is "reserving" a copy of the game at your local Gamestop and you are not charged. That way, you can pay with whatever you want when you pick it up.

Edit: Here is Gamestop's FAQ on In-store pickup:

Benefits of In-Store Pickup
  • Free shipping and handling.
  • Get new products first. We send most new releases to our stores via overnight delivery.
  • Pay when you pick up the product. A credit card is required to process the online reservation, but you can pay with any valid payment method.
How to Use In-Store Pickup
Just add eligible pre-orders to your cart using the "Add to Cart" button. When asked to select a shipping address during the checkout process, you have the option to "Add a Store" to your list of addresses. Entering your Zip code will provide a list of local GameStop locations. Choose a store and it will be added to your address book.

Payment
You will be required to remit payment at the store when you pick up the product. Our stores accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. GameStop gift cards, ATM or debit cards are also accepted. If paying by credit or debit card, both the card and the authorized user of the card must be present.

Required at Time of Pickup
For identification purposes at the time of pickup, please bring a copy of your order confirmation page or email and a valid driver's license or other government-issued identification.

Availability
In-store pickup is available only on select pre-order products that we anticipate will be stocked in all stores and delivered on roughly the same date. In-store Pickup is currently only available within the United States.

Changes to Your Order
To cancel or change an In-Store Pickup order, please contact the store at least one day after your order has been placed. GameStop.com order status will not reflect these changes.

Product Pickup
As release dates change frequently, we cannot guarantee arrival dates. You will be contacted by the store, at the phone number you provide, when the product arrives and is available for pickup. Items not picked up within 48 hours may not be available due to the high demand for new releases. Your name will be placed on a waiting list at your request, and we will contact you when we receive more. If the product is not picked up within 48 hours, you authorize us to charge you a $5.00 fee to cover the cost of shipping and handling to the store.

In-Store Pickup Ordering Deadline
The ability to select In-Store Pickup is removed 24-48 hours before release, so pre-order early.

Item Limits
GameStop reserves the right to limit quantities pre-ordered and may cancel pre-orders at its discretion.

Promotional Bonus Items
Some pre-ordered products are bundled with promotional bonus items, such as T-shirts or key chains. Quantities of promotional items are limited, so you should check with your local store for availability. For high-value bonus items available before the release of a product, like a free game with a pre-order, you may be required to place an additional deposit at your local store.

Still have Questions?
If you didn't find what you needed here, feel free to email us at [email protected] or call (800) 883-8895. Hours of operation: 8 a.m.- 9 p.m. (CST) Monday through Friday and 8 am- 8pm (CST) Saturday and Sunday.

bread's done
Back