The Phillips Go Gear 4GB MP3 player is a piece of crap.

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
The only reason I even bought a new MP3 player is because I misplaced my trusty 1 GB Coby MP3 player. The Coby was cheap, $29.99 over a year ago, but it was reliable and worked with my 360. The Phillips on the other hand locks up constantly, and doesn't work with the 360 at all. It's ok until the POS locks up.

Don't buy this on a whim like I did. I'll be returning it to Wal-Mart tomorrow.

[quote name='captainfrizo']It's Philips, what did you honestly expect?[/quote]

Well, my DVD player is a Phillips and works great. Then again, I have only had it a few months.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Well, my DVD player is a Phillips and works great. Then again, I have only had it a few months.[/quote]

You're lucky, mine kinda works but it sucks ass. I bought it to record DVDs and it only does that right half the time. On top of that it takes 8 seconds for any command to register.

I miss my Sony DVD player - I'm replacing the whole lot with a PS3 pretty soon...

[quote name='camoor']Exactly - don't buy phillips and don't buy electronics at Walmart.[/quote]

Where I live I am limited unless I drive an hour away, which isn't always practical.

I picked up the Creative Zen Stone Plus 2 gig mp3/wma player. They had it only in red and for 27.xx at target clearance. The reviews say its ok. Don't know if I am going to keep it though :|

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Where I live I am limited unless I drive an hour away, which isn't always practical.[/quote]

Oh yeah - that can happen. You might check out Amazon - they give free shipping on some electronics

I noticed that there is a firmware update for the Go Gear, so I am going to try that for the day to see if that fixes the problem.

bread's done
Back