Ninja Gaiden 2 29.99 at Blockbuster (NEW)

rifle21

CAGiversary!
New copies of the game now retail at 29.99 at blockbuster. Should be nationwide. good luck cag's. Used copies are 34.99 now, but should be dropping soon.

damn thats an awesome deal, thanks for posting. too bad i already have the game. also i picked up mario galaxy wii not too long ago from there brand new for 39.99, if that is still on sale there, used copies were 34.99

[quote name='Gaming-Module']Do I smell Ninja Gaiden 2 Black/Black 2?[/quote]

Not since that asshole Itagaki got the boot. He would never allow any special edition variant of "his" game to be published. His ego wouldn't let him.

Still $60 at my local Blockbuster (Porter Square, Cambridge, MA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Does he own the IP?

My guess would be no, and that the team he left behind could easily tweak what's already there, add a little more to the story/cinematics and create some additional modes.

Edit: Honestly, I don't think he would care. I mean, I wasn't surprised he was on the outs with Tecmo when the news hit after playing Ninja Gaiden 2. It's like an unfinished game in comparison to the first.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']Does he own the IP?

My guess would be no, and that the team he left behind could easily tweak what's already there, add a little more to the story/cinematics and create some additional modes.

Edit: Honestly, I don't think he would care. I mean, I wasn't surprised he was on the outs with Tecmo when the news hit after playing Ninja Gaiden 2. It's like an unfinished game in comparison to the first.[/quote]

He most certainly would care. If you know his history, you know he would throw a fit. Same guy who won't let you transfer saves from his games, same guy who demanded legal action against modders of his property...

Too bad he CAN'T do anything because he doesn't own the IP, like you guessed.

[quote name='62t']Itagaki didnt have anything to do with Simga either. Team Ninja can make another game without him[/quote]

Was Sigma good? No. Itagaki didn't get the boot, he left. Well thats what I heard at least.

I went to my local Blockbuster it was $50 at the box but they rang it up and it was $30 thanks OP.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Not since that asshole Itagaki got the boot. He would never allow any special edition variant of "his" game to be published. His ego wouldn't let him.[/QUOTE] He didn't seem to have an issue with there being four versions of DOA2.

[quote name='afty']Still $60 at my local Blockbuster (Cambridge, MA).[/QUOTE]

The one in Central Square? That was $49.99 when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']The one in Central Square? That was $49.99 when I was there a couple of weeks ago.[/quote]
Porter Square. The girl looked it up in the system and said it was $59.99.

[quote name='RockmanPET']check your local circuit city, blockbuster now owns circuit city so it should be about the same price then[/QUOTE]
Since when? That deal fell through months ago.

[quote name='RockmanPET']check your local circuit city, blockbuster now owns circuit city so it should be about the same price then[/quote]

i don't know where you heard that, but i am almost positive they don't own cc. i wouldn't want to own them either if i was bb, no one is ever at the cc by my house & i don't think the company is doing too well.

that BB buyout of CC fell through i think. They were in talks and then the stock fell horribly... That was the last I read about it.

just bought mine a couple hours ago. it was marked $49.99, but i had it price checked and their system showed 29.99. good looking out, op!

[quote name='RockmanPET']check your local circuit city, blockbuster now owns circuit city so it should be about the same price then[/quote]

LOL @ misinformation.

As long as the BB you visit is a corporate store (not a franchise), the prices will all ring up the same, regardless of what the tag says (in other words, many stores don't re-tag for a while, if ever).

hey will Gs be changing the price, or price-match.
because with 20% coupon and edge its a good deal.
Does any one know ?

[quote name='weguzs']hey will Gs be changing the price, or price-match.
because with 20% coupon and edge its a good deal.
Does any one know ?[/QUOTE]

Would be nice, especially since the only games my local BB stores sell are the molested ex-rental copies. And most of those are still ps2/xbox/gc trash titles.

Confirmed $29.99 in Anaheim area.
Snagged one. Thanks OP.
Been looking for a price drop on this one but never thought that BB would be the first one.
Using BB credit for brand new game rules!!

[quote name='Thrinn']He didn't seem to have an issue with there being four versions of DOA2.[/QUOTE]

DOA2 Dreamcast
DOA2 Limited Edition Dreamcast * japan only *
DOA2 Arcade Machine
DOA2 Hardcore PS2

Itagaki was so pissed on how they fucked up DOA2 for ps2 is why he is a xbox fanboy now and hates sony. hence why none of his doa or ninja gaiden games will go to sony. sigma did but his partner worked on that game, not itagaki, and i rented it and passed sigma. Black is better imo.

But thats the gist of it.

Edit: There is DOA 2 ultimate but that just goes to show that Itagaki , Xbox > Playstation.

I'll check this out at the Blockbuster around where I live. It'll be sweet if it's there. I will bathe in my tears if it is not.

I traded this in at Gamestop on Friday for $20 credit because I wasn't a big fan of the game.

Got it for $10 at Microsoft Retail Expertzone to begin with, so still a $10 gain.

[quote name='mkernan']LOL @ misinformation.

As long as the BB you visit is a corporate store (not a franchise), the prices will all ring up the same, regardless of what the tag says (in other words, many stores don't re-tag for a while, if ever).[/quote]

Is there any way to tell which a store is without going to all of them and checking prices?

For what it's worth, one of the Giant Bomb critics wasn't able to review this because of a nasty crash bug part way through. I gave up all interest after hearing that (and think he should have reviewed it knowing that...and he tried multiple 360's, hard drives, copies of the game, etc.)

Personally I wasn't that blow away by the demo. Seems kind of "generic 3D" and just like another Devil May Cry clone, though it seemed competent.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Was Sigma good? No. Itagaki didn't get the boot, he left. Well thats what I heard at least.[/quote]

I thought Sigma was very good. And before you naysay, I've played NG, NG:Black, NG:Sigma, and NG2... I've beat Master Ninja on all except for NG2, and my personal thoughts are that NG:Sigma is better than NG2 at least. NG2 is just too buggy for a finished product and they actually made the camera worse (which if they'd left it along from the previous engine, it'd be fine). It's also MUCH more of a hack adn slash game, vs. the original's more technical and creative combat. Itagaki even adopted the dual swords from Sigma into 2 without even altering them. For a port he's unhappy with, he sure shows it in a funny way by copying and pasting a piece of it.

And Itagaki intentionally left out Mission Mode in NG2. Why? Because he didn't like it. Forget the fact that the fans loved it. That's why Tecmo added it in as downloadable later. Itagaki didn't want it in the game. I've pretty much lost faith in him and I think Tecmo/TN can still operate fine without him.

Oh, and before this post is regarded as completely irrelevant to the topic, the local BBVs here in MD do not have it at sale price.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Personally I wasn't that blow away by the demo. Seems kind of "generic 3D" and just like another Devil May Cry clone, though it seemed competent.[/quote]

The combat's really completely different from DMC. While DMC tends to adopt cancelling and launching techniques used in many 2D fighters, NG tends to incorporate a lot of 3D aspects of fighting games into the combat. There's really nothing else that emulates these styles as perfectly as they do that is currently on the market.

For both DMC and NG, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more expressive, open, and advanced combat system in any other action game series. The shining examples of these series, in my opinion, is DMC3:SE and NG:Black.

That's WAAAAAY over my head :D I just presses the buttons :D

(I do think the God of War gaga-ness is odd since to me it's yet another Devil May Cry clone, though I'm probably missing something about it too :D )

I'll have to check my local Blockbuster once I finish this movie I have to return there anyways

was about to just keep a copy from GameFly but this would save me a few more dollars and be a nice new copy as well :)

I'll price match them with Circuit City then use my 10% off card and really save some jack.

Edit to add: Just confirmed in Tampa, Fl

[quote name='aphu9876']Is there any way to tell which a store is without going to all of them and checking prices?[/quote]

Just call the store, have them look up the game in the computer, and tell you the price for a new copy.

Well had to make a bunch of calls but found a store with them in stock at that price and when I went it was even on the shelf with the $29.99 price point.

Thanks OP Always wanted this game but never wanted to pay $60 for it.:bouncy:

[quote name='xbox_mole']Does Blockbuser gut their games like Gamestop?[/quote]

The one I got was sealed and even had the outter cardboard sleeve with it. I had to bring the case to the counter and they had a bunch of sealed ones in a drawer.

bread's done
Back