CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
200px-MegaMan9PromoArt.JPG

1000 Points
66 blocks, 2 blocks save data
Online Leaderboards

--

Since there's a lot of talk in the Wii Shop Channel thread, it's best to start a thread just for this game. I have a feeling we will be playing this for a while..and it's best to keep the Wii Shop Channel Thread for current discussion and complaints of that week's games.

--

I am really loving this game. My ass is getting handed to me and I'm liking it. (Duh). Personally, I think it's really cool how they finally added a female robot to the game..oh, and they even went the extra mile to add a GAY ROBOT! :applause:

Thank You, Capcom!

large.jpg

large.jpg

I can't say wii points in public. I afraid people might think I'm gay or something. :bomb:

Anyways, I want this game. I'm short 200 wii points. I can't tell my friend on the phone that I him to buy me 2000 wii point card. I'm surrounded by co-workers. :roll:

A pink robot that throws diamonds makes him gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I've beat all the robot bosses, but haven't played any of the last level yet. I need to stock up on a few more lives and energy capsules before I continue. I am enjoying Jewel Man's ability on a couple of levels, since semi-invulnerability = good.

I can't even beat that fucknut Galaxy Man. I finish his level pretty easily, (once I got to GM with full health and all of my lives) but then the boss fight starts and I fail at what's supposed to be the easiest level. :cry:

What can you buy in the shop that lasts (not a one use per item)?

[quote name='Doomed']What can you buy in the shop that lasts (not a one use per item)?[/QUOTE]

I forget what its called, but the item that transfers extra energy to the lowest powered weapon. Definitely worth buying as soon as you have enough screws.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I forget what its called, but the item that transfers extra energy to the lowest powered weapon. Definitely worth buying as soon as you have enough screws.[/QUOTE]

I did :cool:

Jewel Man's tactics? Run at you until he touches you. It's the perfect complement to his appearance. Also, his midboss is a pain in the ass.

I got to the last boss, but died. Hoping to finish it tonight.

Oh yeah, Galaxy Man's weapon is the most satisfying weapon in the game. You can suck up any enemy into it.

I've beaten both Splash Woman and Galaxy Man thus far. I must have used at least 20 continues so far. But it's nice to play through a Megaman game where I don't know the order. Takes me back to when I played Megaman 3 and tried fighting Needle Man first. Yeah, that doesn't work so well...

I hope - at some point - Capcom gives me a way to get that awesome coverart. A shirt, a poster, whatever.

The other day GoNintendo reported that there is a small, small chance they might allow people to send in old NES carts to get some of the press goodies. I think they hollow them out and put something in them, and also slap on an oldskool NES sticker.

That's all I've ever wanted.

So, I'm at Wily's Castle 1, and how the hell do I get past
the part with the 3 fire beams coming out of the wall. This feels like Quick Man's stage. It doesn't look like there's a break at all.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']So, I'm at Wily's Castle 1, and how the hell do I get past
the part with the 3 fire beams coming out of the wall. This feels like Quick Man's stage. It doesn't look like there's a break at all.
[/quote]

Concrete Shot your way to the top. You have to get over to the right side first.

Really? I just
used the rush coil as soon as I entered the room before the magma fired. You can reach the middle ladder doing that.

[quote name='Strell']I hope - at some point - Capcom gives me a way to get that awesome coverart. A shirt, a poster, whatever.

The other day GoNintendo reported that there is a small, small chance they might allow people to send in old NES carts to get some of the press goodies. I think they hollow them out and put something in them, and also slap on an oldskool NES sticker.

That's all I've ever wanted.[/quote]
If they do, I hope I still have the Wizards & Warriors cart my friend left at my house 20 years ago. I'd send that in right quick.

I haven't gotten back to this today yet, but I found out how to get past the shitty claw people in Galaxy Man's stage, so I should be able to make some progress next I try.

I just looked at some of these time attack times.

How the hell are people even getting those times? I can't even reach the boss rooms sometimes in the time they have them beat. :(

[quote name='botticus']I haven't gotten back to this today yet, but I found out how to get past the shitty claw people in Galaxy Man's stage, so I should be able to make some progress next I try.[/QUOTE]

You can either be very cautious, and proceed slowly.

Or be cheap (and lazy) like me and use Jewel Man's ability.

Edit: Oops. Double post, sorry! D:

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I just looked at some of these time attack times.

How the hell are people even getting those times? I can't even reach the boss rooms sometimes in the time they have them beat. :([/QUOTE]

^_^

:rofl:

--

K, I'm having a hard time with MISS THING Jewel Man. I kinda get it, but since I keep dying--clearly I am not getting it. :wall:

Loving it so far. Only put in about an hour though.

[quote name='hero101']I can't say wii points in public. I afraid people might think I'm gay or something. :bomb:

Anyways, I want this game. I'm short 200 wii points. I can't tell my friend on the phone that I him to buy me 2000 wii point card. I'm surrounded by co-workers. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What, are you nine years old?

[quote name='botticus']If they do, I hope I still have the Wizards & Warriors cart my friend left at my house 20 years ago. I'd send that in right quick.

I haven't gotten back to this today yet, but I found out how to get past the shitty claw people in Galaxy Man's stage, so I should be able to make some progress next I try.[/quote]

They are easy to avoid, all you do is
run like you nromally would, watch for them to drop and then move back the other way rather than trying to "run past them". And you know which parts of the stage have them since they give you an early warning by placing one where it can't hurt you.

In Wily's castle. This game is still amazing. I hate the "you have to use ___ to proceed" motif goin' on though, when there's no damn recharge cells for weapons.

And no, I don't buy items. I'm no wuss.

[quote name='Strell']In Wily's castle. This game is still amazing. I hate the "you have to use ___ to proceed" motif goin' on though, when there's no damn recharge cells for weapons.

And no, I don't buy items. I'm no wuss.[/QUOTE]
So you're complaining about a feature that you wish was there, even though it is there and you proudly refuse to use it?

[quote name='nativetongue88']i thought this was supposed to come to the wii, xbox live, and psn simultaneously. anyone know whats up with that?[/quote]Well, XBLA is a week behind for some reason, but WiiWare and PSN are getting it the same week, which is about as simultaneous as you'll see digital releases.

[quote name='lilboo']So Japan and Europe didn't get this yet?[/quote]
Europe is getting it Friday. Not sure when Japan's update is, today?

[quote name='pete5883']So you're complaining about a feature that you wish was there, even though it is there and you proudly refuse to use it?[/QUOTE]

Wow. Are you new here?

Super happy that MM9 is selling well. Not only does everyone get to enjoy how good it is but other companies might look at the sales and think about making something similiar.

so is there any kind of online ranking for this game so I can shut mofos down like I do in Bionic Commando??

I got this game on monday... saving it for the weekend tho...

SNES VC controller

Man, this game is wicked hard. Or maybe it's just that I suck at Mega Man games. Either way it's a blast and I'm so glad they decided to go the retro direction with it.

[quote name='JEKKI']so is there any kind of online ranking for this game so I can shut mofos down like I do in Bionic Commando??

I got this game on monday... saving it for the weekend tho...

SNES VC controller

Ugh! I've had to replay the Wily Skull Stage about a MILLION times!
I'm talking about the first of what I'm assuming is two Wily 'Final Stages.' I get through the robot masters easily enough, actually getting 6 of the 8 quick draw challenges in the repeated process. But once I get to Wily himself, I either a) take too much damage from the Army Easter Eggs to actually survive anything beyond ten more seconds or b) completely lose focus during part two, when my jumping has to be spot on for those flames! I've never even fought against part three long enough to memorize any sort of pattern. Meaning: I have a lot more deaths in store for me.

I'm thinking I'm going to just stock up on E-Tanks and take Wily out that way. The turd!

All said, though, this game is great fun! I anticipate a lot of replay. :D

Also, I know it's a staple of Megaman games, but I really wish you could save progress after each Wily stage.

Yeah, even if you just go to the shop without resetting, you have to play all the final stages again. That was a disappointing discovery. :(

I just DL's Mega Man 9. I played it. I died.

WHAT THE F*** STUPID BLOODY NEARSIGHTED MONKEYBURGER F***ING HELL!! I RUE THE DAY I EVER PICKED UP A NINTENDO CONTROLLER! F***!!!!!

This game is awesome, takes me back to my childhood days, anyone else notice that the stage select screen looks like the title screen from the Brady Bunch... ? My gf pointed this out and it was LOL!

This game is (mostly enjoyably) hard, though I still profanitize like crazy. Most of the parts that look really hard/kill you a lot are easy once you learn the trick, so hang in there those of u still on the master robots.

In the meantime, wily stages are evil, I'll have to try again when I have the time,

btw Those "acheviements" are evil and some pretty imppossible

Beefy post on why I think MM9 is important, not to get all plugtastic, so delete if I'm violating rules:

I'm not going to lie, I'm an old school Nintendo guy dating all the way back to the launch of the NES, like many in my generation. As children of the 80s, we grew up on the 8-bit goodness that dominated the day and a lot of us still think that some of the games from those archaic ages are among the best games ever created, even when held up against their technologically towering successors. So, like anyone does as they get older in an era of rapidly growing technology, we're forced to ask ourselves why we continue to hold onto the past. Is it out of nostalgia and the longing for days gone by? Is it because old dogs can't learn new tricks and we quickly retreat back into that comfort zone? I don't think so, and it's good that Mega Man 9 came around, because it represents a validation of all the things people of my generation have known for 20 years, whether or not we knew that we knew them.

When any game mechanic is iterated on in a series of sequels, there's a natural temptation to add more complexity to what's already there. Especially in cases where the same creator is responsible for both the initial installment and subsequent installments, it's easy to see why he might put that brainpower toward doing more than they were able to do the last time. In many cases, this has resulted in game concepts and designs being refined and perfected. In addition, rapidly evolving technology only exacerbated the drive to add more complexity, as every time a new frontier was opened to developers and games started taking advantage of the new technology, any creator working on an existing franchise was naturally pressured to make sure the next installment could run with its contemporaries. The "new, bigger, better" mentality has been a fact of life in the video game world for so long that most of us have become numb to it.

-continued for way too long-
As of now this is one of my 3 GOTY contenders.

Yeah, it's a fun game and a neat idea. But I think saying it's GOTY is overrating it in my opinion.

I'd say it's more of a WOTY, "Wiiware of the Year".

bread's done
Back