Xbox 360 Arcade + Lego Batman = $200 shipped at Amazon

I've been waiting for even the slightest deal on an Arcade. I don't know if I should get this now, or maybe wait to see what this weekends deals bring?

What a great deal to push me off the fence. You can also save $5.00 more if you select Bill Me Later and get approved then you simply enter the code BMLSAVES during the checkout. Scored an Arcade bundle and $50.00 Lego Batman game for 194.99 shipped.

Fantastic, Cheapy. I was just at Target and almost picked up a 360 Arcade to replace my current unit with a broken dvd drive. Glad I waited!

Update: Awesome! It will be here next week. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Run L1ke H3LL']Where did you get that? Ebay?[/QUOTE]

probably at Hot Topic when they started clearancing them a few weeks ago. 200$ + 20% off new customers.

I'm tempted to get a 2nd 360. I missed the HT deal, so this MIGHT be worth it. I think I will wait a week and check my financial situation because I might be jobless by then :lol:

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']I might have to jump on this. Says it's good through October 9th.[/QUOTE]

Don't wait too long. Amazon has a sneaky way of having merc. go OUT OF STOCK.

[quote name='jousley']Don't wait too long. Amazon has a sneaky way of having merc. go OUT OF STOCK.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm waiting for my debit card to come in the mail... hopefully today. :D

I gave this a try just to see if would work and it didn't. I went to the last possible screen before the sale was final and it was still charging me $250

I took the deal was considering getting the 360 and definitely looking for lego batman, so this was a good deal, i was waiting to see if there would be some better deals by xmas and the new chip but what the heck i'm impatient and this is a good...

Man...this is a fantastic deal! I need a crafty CAG to help me out here. I had been planning on using GS's "trade in a PS2 get $100" to acquire a new Arcade 360...but this is a MUCH better deal. Is there any way I can finangle my credit from GS to end up with this deal instead? Getting a gift receipt at GS and trying to return later is the only thing I can think of.

EDIT: A more honest idea I thought of would be to just put the GS credit toward a Wii, and sell it on eBay. I would do that with a DS lite, but they don't seem to recoup the money as well.

Deal isn't working for me. I have Prime, but I wouldn't think that would matter. I'm just not getting the "promotion applied" discount no matter what I do. I've tried going though Cheapy's link...and just through Amazon directly. I check both boxes, click "add to cart", and get $249.99.

EDIT: Ok, weird. I just tried it on my non-prime account, and the deal shows up. From what I can tell, it seems to have something with the items being grouped together. No matter what I do with Prime, it shows them as "item 1" and "item 2"...which won't give the discount. Without Prime, they're listed as "items arriving in one shipment"...which does get the discount. This sucks. I don't want to use crappy saver shipping for this. I want it on Tuesday dammit!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Deal isn't working for me. I have Prime, but I wouldn't think that would matter. I'm just not getting the "promotion applied" discount no matter what I do. I've tried going though Cheapy's link...and just through Amazon directly. I check both boxes, click "add to cart", and get $249.99.

EDIT: Ok, weird. I just tried it on my non-prime account, and the deal shows up. From what I can tell, it seems to have something with the items being grouped together. No matter what I do with Prime, it shows them as "item 1" and "item 2"...which won't give the discount. Without Prime, they're listed as "items arriving in one shipment"...which does get the discount. This sucks. I don't want to use crappy saver shipping for this. I want it on Tuesday dammit![/quote]
Try checking the box that says "Ship my items together" or whatever it says. With Prime it defaults to "Ship my items as they become available", which will split them sometimes.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Try checking the box that says "Ship my items together" or whatever it says. With Prime it defaults to "Ship my items as they become available", which will split them sometimes.[/quote]

Is that in my settings/preferences? Cause I don't see it as an option in the shopping cart.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Is that in my settings/preferences? Cause I don't see it as an option in the shopping cart.[/quote]
Hmm, it has been an option in the past, but I pull it up and get the two separate items without the discount as well.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Hmm, it has been an option in the past, but I pull it up and get the two separate items without the discount as well.[/quote]

Yeah, see. Seems pretty dumb to punish loyal customers who pay extra for premium service. I'm thinking about just placing the order at $250 and calling customer service to get them to fix it.

Hmm. I am torn. I want a 360 now that they are cheap, but I would hate to come off as a redneck. Perhaps I shall ask Brandine what she thinks...

Wow...that's the most "pants down" I've ever caught Amazon. I placed my order at the $250, called to get it corrected. The CSR had no idea why the promotion wasn't going through, but verified that it was separated into 2 orders (with two separate order #'s). He tried to correct the price, but the system wouldn't let him.

He then put me on hold so he could ask a supervisor. He came back and told me he was going to cancel the order, and asked me to place my order again without using 2 day shipping (thinking he could upgrade me). I did...but then he discovered the system wouldn't allow him to do that. He then tried telling me that special shipping "wasn't available" for these items. I told him that was impossible because they're in stock and stated "receive by 9/30 with 2-day".

So, he cancelled the order again, and asked me to place it again choosing the shipping I desired. He said he was leaving a note that I was due a refund for $49.99, and to call back when my items "have been dispatched". Amazon is usually so on top of things. I'm surprised they were so baffled by their own system.

I've been thinking about getting either a 360 or PS3 and $200 seems like a pretty good price. This is without an HDD right? So in order to play Rez HD I'd have to buy a HDD? I don't really care about Lego Batman.. are there any other similar offers?

[quote name='PhrostByte']I've been thinking about getting either a 360 or PS3 and $200 seems like a pretty good price. This is without an HDD right? So in order to play Rez HD I'd have to buy a HDD? I don't really care about Lego Batman.. are there any other similar offers?[/quote]
If it's not too big, I think you can use the included memory card to download Rez.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow...that's the most "pants down" I've ever caught Amazon. I placed my order at the $250, called to get it corrected. The CSR had no idea why the promotion wasn't going through, but verified that it was separated into 2 orders (with two separate order #'s). He tried to correct the price, but the system wouldn't let him.

He then put me on hold so he could ask a supervisor. He came back and told me he was going to cancel the order, and asked me to place my order again without using 2 day shipping (thinking he could upgrade me). I did...but then he discovered the system wouldn't allow him to do that. He then tried telling me that special shipping "wasn't available" for these items. I told him that was impossible because they're in stock and stated "receive by 9/30 with 2-day".

So, he cancelled the order again, and asked me to place it again choosing the shipping I desired. He said he was leaving a note that I was due a refund for $49.99, and to call back when my items "have been dispatched". Amazon is usually so on top of things. I'm surprised they were so baffled by their own system.[/quote]
Wow. That makes me reluctant to try and order it until they get things straightened out. They're usually so good with things, but I really hate having to do work to get a deal. Yeah, I'm lazy. :D

Thanks, CheapyD. Ordered with Next Day Air shipping for $3.99 with Amazon Prime. I already picked up a Target clearanced 20GB HD, so for around $230, I've got a 20GB Xbox with Lego Batman. Nice.

[quote name='jgressley']If it's not too big, I think you can use the included memory card to download Rez.[/quote]

Yeah, I definitely want Rez but I'd also want SF2HDR. I'm guessing I would need an HDD. Also, the arcade doesn't come with a component cable right? I also heard it has that old motherboard that was associated with RROD's... I'm thinking maybe I should just get a premium?

[quote name='DaFulla']Thanks, CheapyD. Ordered with Next Day Air shipping for $3.99 with Amazon Prime. I already picked up a Target clearanced 20GB HD, so for around $230, I've got a 20GB Xbox with Lego Batman. Nice.[/QUOTE]

At what point during checkout did it deduct the cost of the game?

[quote name='ebay33']At what point during checkout did it deduct the cost of the game?[/quote]
As soon as I added both items to my cart. It showed as bundle pricing. 1 Click Ordering was not turned on, if that helps at all.

Wow, it may be time for me to get another 360. I'm even more tempted since I saw a 20gb HDD clearanced at target for like $20.

A really good deal but I'm hoping, as we get closer to Christmas, that MS puts out a bundle with a better pack in game and the Jasper 360's will be more common by then.

I've held out on getting a 360 this long, and I don't really care about Lego Batman. I've picked up a small pile of cheap 360 games I do like over the past year and a clearance HDD at Target, but I'm thinking a better system deal will come along closer to the holidays. If not, I'm guaranteed a Jasper early next year.

Yeah, the discount doesn't come up and the original post from FatWallet says you'd probably have to call customer service to get it to go through @_@;

i'm not sure about you guys but i dont have prime shipping and when I added them to cart seperately the discount came up, 199$ shipped for both

This is so tempting, but I don't want to risk buying a system that will inevitable break shortly after. I believe that when the age of Jasper finally comes, deal like this should also be available at some point of time. Thanks for the post though Cheapy!

[quote name='timmylamb']i'm not sure about you guys but i dont have prime shipping and when I added them to cart seperately the discount came up, 199$ shipped for both[/quote]

Yeah, this is the ONLY way the deal seems to work. Prime shipping separates the game and console into 2 orders with no apparent way to "join" them. My call to customer service did little to fix the problem. I have to call back to get my refund later.

my 360 died yesterday and i was planning on eventually picking up lego batman, so this was great timing for me. unfortunately, i couldn't use cheapy's link because the promo wouldn't work for me, so i had to call and have customer service place the order for me and manually adjust the price.

bread's done
Back