Xbox Live 12-Month Subscription Messenger Gold PGR4 bundle $53.99 at Buy.com

samorris74

CAG Veteran
I have been looking to pick this up and this is the best deal I could find on it. This is normally 69.99 and it includes the messenger chat pad, headset, copy of PGR4 and 12 months of Xbox Live. I would really like to know if anyone can confirm whether the PGR4 included here is a boxed copy with a manual or if it just comes in a sleeve with nothing else.
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-li...ld-pack-with-project/q/loc/108/208937616.html
Note: This deal includes free shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to activate the ever-present 5% off coupon to make this a better deal!

EDIT: Coupon can only be used once per account. So if you've used this one before, no dice on a second go. :cry:

Brings it down to $56.28.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, that's a really nice deal. i think this is the deal i was waiting for to renew my xbox live account. how is PGR4 btw? never been one for racing games with the exception of the burnout games.

PGR4 is pretty good.

This is a really good deal, but I just ordered another year of live a month ago. :(

Thanks OP, my Xbox Live is about to run out in 2 weeks so this is perfect timing, thanks Callandor for the 5% off too.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']wow, that's a really nice deal. i think this is the deal i was waiting for to renew my xbox live account. how is PGR4 btw? never been one for racing games with the exception of the burnout games.[/QUOTE]

IMO, not as good as 3. Or 2, for that matter. The bikes are interesting though.

[quote name='Terrenceistheman']they wont let me use the 5% because i have used it before.
boo to that[/QUOTE]

Egh, I hadn't noticed that... boo indeed!

I'll edit my earlier post.

Thanks OP; great deal. My friend wanted me to find him Live/chatpad for cheap - throw PGR4 into the mix and that makes one exceptional deal. Got it for 56.28 after 5% off coupon.

[quote name='Callandor']Don't forget to activate the ever-present 5% off coupon to make this a better deal!

EDIT: Coupon can only be used once per account. So if you've used this one before, no dice on a second go. :cry:

Brings it down to $56.28.[/QUOTE]
Rats, I missed out on the 5% deal. I am sure I will pick something else up from Buy.com in the near future though...

Nice deal. I just traded away my copy of PGR4 on Goozex this week. I was sad to see it go but I wasn't sure I would have ever played it again. My XBL account is good through next year too...

If anyone else is looking for a deal on this, newegg has it for $59.99 with free 3 Business Day shipping. It's only for CAGers that want's to elude the sales tax charged in sites like Buy.com (like us NYers). =P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103115

Question: Should I purchase this Live Package or the old Live Vision bundle (camera, headset, 200 MS points, free game) where I'll see if I can get it for $49.99 (EDIT) at Best Buy?

[quote name='FurryCurry']Could I flip PG4? is it in a DVD box by itself or what?[/QUOTE]

I received my order and can confirm that it is a sealed retail copy of the game.

Anyone know of any other live deals. I feel like the messenger kit doesn't help with anything and that game is worth nothing.

So this comes with the messenger pad, not the camera, as the picture suggests?

Well I want this, but I'm not quite up with the money right now. Anyone have any idea how long this will last? [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

The Holiday shopping season is coming. Even if these two deals die more will arise I'm sure.

I want the messenger kit because I don't like having to type things on Xbox. Plus I need live. So for me, really, since I'm flipping PGR4, it's going to be $54.99.

[quote name='worrybomb']If anyone else is looking for a deal on this, newegg has it for $59.99 with free 3 Business Day shipping. It's only for CAGers that want's to elude the sales tax charged in sites like Buy.com (like us NYers). =P

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103115

Question: Should I purchase this Live Package or the old Live Vision bundle (camera, headset, 200 MS points, free game) where I'll see if I can get it for $49.99 (EDIT) at Best Buy?[/quote]

Wait, is that just the card or the bundle with the messenger kit? And does the original bundle have the camera?

[quote name='shnizzle66']Wait, is that just the card or the bundle with the messenger kit? And does the original bundle have the camera?[/quote]

The bundles indicated on this thread pertain to the new Xbox Live bundle featuring: Xbox Live 12-Month, Headset, PGR4, and Messenger Kit.

Also, I just received mine from newegg.com and even though I couldn't score the other Xbox Live bundle from the other thread (going for $29.99) but the Messenger/PGR 4 bundle isn't that bad (Hint: if you have a Paypal account, use the Live.com cashback and make your purchase at newegg.com. It's only 3% off but money is money.)

Question is should I keep PGR 4 or not? I'm a recent Xbox 360 owner so you can say this is my first official 360 game...just don't know whether I should keep PGR 4 or not.

what do you guys mean flipping pgr4? trade it? if so what value can you get. this is a nice deal since my headset died fast on me i need a new one

I really should pick up one of these... I always procrastinate until the Microsoft Xbot comes to ninja $50 away from my account.

Although I don't really need another headset and message pad.... maybe I'll sell it off. (the message pad is pretty sweet.. even if I don't use it that often)

[quote name='iggypop123']what do you guys mean flipping pgr4? trade it? if so what value can you get. this is a nice deal since my headset died fast on me i need a new one[/quote]

$5 at Gamestop for PGR4.

Got mine today. The Chatpad is so nice. So nice that I wish it worked on PC. We need hackers to make that happen. I mean, check this out:

The Left analog stick would be mouse control and the click would cycle through dpi settings. Triggers for right and left click. Right analog stick for vertical and horizontal scrolling while clicking it in would switch to zoom mode. Face buttons as hot keys. RB would be CTRL and LB would be ALT. Start button would be, well, the Start button. Back would be ESC.

That's :hot:.

Pretty good deal. I think you can eBay or CL the game for at least $10 and the chat pad is decent if you text, fill out forms, or custom create characters. I'd pay maybe $15 for it, so you still get the card for under $35. Not bad at all...

[quote name='samorris74']I have been looking to pick this up and this is the best deal I could find on it. This is normally 69.99 and it includes the messenger chat pad, headset, copy of PGR4 and 12 months of Xbox Live. I would really like to know if anyone can confirm whether the PGR4 included here is a boxed copy with a manual or if it just comes in a sleeve with nothing else.
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-li...ld-pack-with-project/q/loc/108/208937616.html
Note: This deal includes free shipping.[/QUOTE]
Its a factory sealed copy of PGR 4 w/ manual. Ordered 1 myself with the 5% off coupon. Will probably sell PGR 4 on eBay.

[quote name='ohboy10451']Its a factory sealed copy of PGR 4 w/ manual. [/quote]

Thanks a lot for the answer. Been wondering this for a while.

[quote name='CheapyD']Dropped $6 to $53.99...says only a few left in stock:
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=208937616&adid=17654&dcaid=17654[/quote]This deal's hot after the 5% off coupon and free shipping. No tax in Texas, just to sweeten it. I ordered one so that I have a nice new headset for Gears 2. I don't think I'll get it for at least a week, though, since that free budet shipping is really slow. Still $51 shipped is less expensive than it would be to buy a 12 month card at a store.

I've been eying this one up since it showed up on buy.com for ~$60 a month ago. Thanks OP and Cheapy!

I combined this with the current Revolution card deal for new signups...they give you $5 back on any purchase over $25. Also used the 5% off coupon too. Total will be about $46 ftw :)

Does this come with a headset? How about someone that's gotten it just take a pic so we stop asking what it comes with? haha

Already ordered but I'm just wondering. I could use a new mic.

Or... I could just find a stock image.

516xRRiVS3L._SS400_.jpg

Thanks in for one, wierd enough what sold me on it was the headset, mine keep breaking, go figure

bread's done
Back