Audiosurf - 2.49 on steam!

DukeEdwardI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
to celebrate the soon to be released steam cloud and the shopping cart implemented today via steam update, steam is offering audiosurf for 2.49.

i picked it up for $5 and it was WELL worth that. 2.49 is an absolute steal. go get it!

I got this when it was $5. Haven't really played much of it though. Kind of a fun gimmick or distraction for while you're listening to music. Didn't really feel like a game to me though.

[quote name='fart_bubble']nope, just online leader boards[/QUOTE]

Well, locally, 2 people can play co-op at the same time.

I was wondering when we would start seeing Steam Cloud. Having lost a few hard drives with a few game saves that I hadn't backed up yet, this would be a great service.

[quote name='fart_bubble']really? I didn't know that[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Double Vision (or Double V) can be played by two people (each person controls a car)

[quote name='DukeEdwardI'][quote name='Vegan']Shopping cart? You mean we can finally order multiple things?[/quote]yep, that's the way it seems![/quote]
errr, not quite their intent. You now have the ability to buy from Steam directly from the web. Prior to this, you were forced to purchase the product through Steam itself.

I actually ran into this issue when I was away from home on the last day of a Steam sale and tried to purchase a game for a buddy of mine. I tried to purchase straight from SteamPowered.com but whenever I clicked the link it asked if I had Steam installed. If I said no, it would take me to the download page, if i said yes it would open up Steam to take me through the rest of the purchase process. Unfortunately whatever ports Steam uses was blocked from my location and I missed out on the deal. Granted this isn't a problem many people would have, but think about this: If your Mom wanted to buy you a game for your birthday, how much of a customer experience would it be to require you to install software (Steam Client) before letting you purchase something? Especially software that is defaulted to start with Windows (remember, this is your mom, I doubt she knows how to navigate the menus to turn that off)

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

[quote name='spuffin']errr, not quite their intent. You now have the ability to buy from Steam directly from the web. Prior to this, you were forced to purchase the product through Steam itself.

I actually ran into this issue when I was away from home on the last day of a Steam sale and tried to purchase a game for a buddy of mine. I tried to purchase straight from SteamPowered.com but whenever I clicked the link it asked if I had Steam installed. If I said no, it would take me to the download page, if i said yes it would open up Steam to take me through the rest of the purchase process. Unfortunately whatever ports Steam uses was blocked from my location and I missed out on the deal. Granted this isn't a problem many people would have, but think about this: If your Mom wanted to buy you a game for your birthday, how much of a customer experience would it be to require you to install software (Steam Client) before letting you purchase something? Especially software that is defaulted to start with Windows (remember, this is your mom, I doubt she knows how to navigate the menus to turn that off)

I'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.[/quote]

i checked out the cart thing on steam and i was able to add more than one product to my cart and remove individually remove them. but you are right, i think they added the cart so that you are able to order from the website. but then they said, "hey, why not add the cart into steam as well?"

it was always annoying having to do two individual charges on my credit card when i bought two products.

Great little game. Well worth it at this price. Got it back when it was $5.00. Even if you don't like it, it was only $2.49 and I'll willing to buy almost any game at that price, it's less than a gallon of gas.

[quote name='Thongsy']Great little game. Well worth it at this price. Got it back when it was $5.00. Even if you don't like it, it was only $2.49 and I'll willing to buy almost any game at that price, it's less than a gallon of gas.[/quote]

lol, not in minnesota! 2.23 baby.

[quote name='Demix500']in for one... I hope steam never goes under... I have a huge collection of games on steam[/QUOTE]

It never will and if it does, they have a plan in place to unlock everything.

If one does not get this game at this price, you hate gaming and you hate music.

The original Geometry Wars (at launch on the 360) for five bucks was an incredible value. This game at half that price is twice as incredible.

Bought the game. Thanks OP.

Very interesting game. I was hesitant at first because youtube gameplay videos looked kinda boring to me, but I downloaded the demo and had lots of fun.

By the way, wasn't there a Playstation 1 game that had a similar concept? If so, does anybody know the name?

[quote name='dchrisd']Bought the game. Thanks OP.

Very interesting game. I was hesitant at first because youtube gameplay videos looked kinda boring to me, but I downloaded the demo and had lots of fun.

By the way, wasn't there a Playstation 1 game that had a similar concept? If so, does anybody know the name?[/QUOTE]

You thinking of Amplitude?

[quote name='Thongsy']Great little game. Well worth it at this price. Got it back when it was $5.00. Even if you don't like it, it was only $2.49 and I'll willing to buy almost any game at that price, it's less than a gallon of gas.[/quote]

Not here. It's 2.00 here.

I figured I'd try it out, but all I'm getting is an error message when I try to checkout with Paypal:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction.
Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

I haven't even gotten to any sort of Paypal account page, this happens as soon as I select Paypal from the dropdown box, and it's been like this for at least the past 2 hours...

Do I have to download and install "steam" in order to get things rolling, or is that optional? From the sounds of it, installing steam is only needed for online play.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back