Black Friday Computer Monitor Deals

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
I know there is the thread for the TVs, and I was really set on getting a new 40 inch but being a college student I am having a hard time scrounging up $800. So I am running right now on my 26 inch Samsung T260hd and I decided I would just get a secondary monitor on Black Friday.

I know last year I picked up a decent 22inch Westinghouse at Target for like $160 though I left that at home. I am looking ideally for another 22 inch. Anything would be appreciated, thanks.

Amazon.com has a 22in HP monitor on sale for $249.99 right now, which is around %40 off. Probably not the best deal but not a bad one for that particular monitor. Costco is going to have a 23" samsung on sale during Black Friday that you can save $70 on if you have their coupon ... I went with the HP because I have an HP and had credit at Amazon, but both seem like good deals.

Those are all alright deals, Thanks. Though I was hoping that there were some good ones like the one I mentioned I got last year on Black Friday. I was looking at only spend like $150 on a new one or so.

So any good Black Friday Monitor Deals?

[quote name='BrolyB593']Those are all alright deals, Thanks. Though I was hoping that there were some good ones like the one I mentioned I got last year on Black Friday. I was looking at only spend like $150 on a new one or so.

So any good Black Friday Monitor Deals?[/quote]

Well, there are 22" monitors right now at newegg starting at $165.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I know there is the thread for the TVs, and I was really set on getting a new 40 inch but being a college student I am having a hard time scrounging up $800. So I am running right now on my 26 inch Samsung T260hd and I decided I would just get a secondary monitor on Black Friday.

I know last year I picked up a decent 22inch Westinghouse at Target for like $160 though I left that at home. I am looking ideally for another 22 inch. Anything would be appreciated, thanks.[/quote]

If you don't mind me asking, how is the T260hd, I'm looking at just getting the T200hd for an extra monitor, tv, and to play my 360 on.

I love it. I am unsure of the specifics of the T200hd but if it is anything like the T260 its great. I do pretty much everything on my monitor. It has an aux input so i can watch cable tv and now with so many channels coming in digital and hd that works great. I use it as a computer monitor and it works flawlessly. I watch 1080p videos on here *probably incapable on T200hd I would assume 720p though* and they look just as good as they do on our 46inch Sony Bravia. I also use it as my screen for my 360 as well. And again, it looks just as good as our Bravia. Obviously its not going to have the same resolution so it wont look the same as the larger edition, but as far as I have experienced with the entire T2xxHD series I would definitely encourage you to buy it.

By the way, my friend, after seeing my monitor went out that week to purchase the T220HD and he is loving his.

[quote name='BrolyB593']I love it. I am unsure of the specifics of the T200hd but if it is anything like the T260 its great. I do pretty much everything on my monitor. It has an aux input so i can watch cable tv and now with so many channels coming in digital and hd that works great. I use it as a computer monitor and it works flawlessly. I watch 1080p videos on here *probably incapable on T200hd I would assume 720p though* and they look just as good as they do on our 46inch Sony Bravia. I also use it as my screen for my 360 as well. And again, it looks just as good as our Bravia. Obviously its not going to have the same resolution so it wont look the same as the larger edition, but as far as I have experienced with the entire T2xxHD series I would definitely encourage you to buy it.

By the way, my friend, after seeing my monitor went out that week to purchase the T220HD and he is loving his.[/quote]

Thanks for the opinion, I originally was looking at the T220HD but because of money and because I need to pick up a few other items, I decided to scale back, plus the Costco by me has the T200HD for only $ 290.00. That's also nice to know that it looks as good as a Sony, I love the picture quality on the Sony's. I do have one more question, how is the sound coming out of the TV, I've heard mixed reviews on that. Also, are you using VGA or HDMI from your computer to the screen, I have both outputs on my laptop and I'm thinking of going with HDMI mostly because I still get a good picture and it also carries sound. I don't feel like hooking up a separate cord for sound with VGA.

what do you guys think of the

Acer P243WAid 24" Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009125

or

Samsung T240HD 24" Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001281

I was originally planning on getting a 26" for my room (for computer, movies, ps3 and etc.), but then I found out it was expensive. I am not looking to spend over $400 (including whatever the tax or shipping maybe), and I might bend the price if the monitor deserves it.
That Acer fits my range...but I'm waiting for it to get cheaper (anyone think newegg will have a special on this monitor on Black Friday?); and the only reason I'm considering Samsung is cause of all the inputs (will be nice watching regular old tele).

What do you guys think? good deal? better deal to come? can I find a nice 26" for under $400-450ish?

[quote name='CrazedArabMan']Thanks for the opinion, I originally was looking at the T220HD but because of money and because I need to pick up a few other items, I decided to scale back, plus the Costco by me has the T200HD for only $ 290.00. That's also nice to know that it looks as good as a Sony, I love the picture quality on the Sony's. I do have one more question, how is the sound coming out of the TV, I've heard mixed reviews on that. Also, are you using VGA or HDMI from your computer to the screen, I have both outputs on my laptop and I'm thinking of going with HDMI mostly because I still get a good picture and it also carries sound. I don't feel like hooking up a separate cord for sound with VGA.[/quote]

I am actually using DVI for my pc and then HDMI for my 360. Both look great. If you can I would advise HDMI over VGA. As far as sound it is okay. That is the one downfall of it in my mind. It is decent but that is about it. It doesnt hold that low of lows, nor are its highs truly that high. I am running my pc through their own speakers and then i am actually using digital audio from my 360 through my pc so that the 360 comes out the computer speakers as well.

I can't give a full opinion then of the speakers on the monitor because I don't use them. I know that my friend who purchased the T220HD also uses pc speakers because the sound doesnt get too loud or deep. That is to be expected though, I have never used a monitor with great audio. For a monitor, it is good, for sound in general, not so much. If you can I would advise doing something similar to my setup if you could.

[quote name='dejeckt']what do you guys think of the

Acer P243WAid 24" Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009125

or

Samsung T240HD 24" Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001281

I was originally planning on getting a 26" for my room (for computer, movies, ps3 and etc.), but then I found out it was expensive. I am not looking to spend over $400 (including whatever the tax or shipping maybe), and I might bend the price if the monitor deserves it.
That Acer fits my range...but I'm waiting for it to get cheaper (anyone think newegg will have a special on this monitor on Black Friday?); and the only reason I'm considering Samsung is cause of all the inputs (will be nice watching regular old tele).

What do you guys think? good deal? better deal to come? can I find a nice 26" for under $400-450ish?[/quote]

From my experience and that of others, I would say get the Samsung, its well worth the money. If money is a complete issue Acers are OK. But Samsung you are getting better quality for sure.

Last time I was at BestBuy the T260HD was only $500, I checked their site and its currently at $550 online, but if you can find it for $500 in the store, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

thank you...but this means i prolly need to sped 100-130 bucks out my projected range TT

I prolly wait couple of more weeks to see if I can get a deal on what I want

yea, I want the t260hd (for my room size its perfect for everything, just the adequate size to watch movie with friends...now need to find some blueray deals)

[quote name='BrolyB593']I am actually using DVI for my pc and then HDMI for my 360. Both look great. If you can I would advise HDMI over VGA. As far as sound it is okay. That is the one downfall of it in my mind. It is decent but that is about it. It doesnt hold that low of lows, nor are its highs truly that high. I am running my pc through their own speakers and then i am actually using digital audio from my 360 through my pc so that the 360 comes out the computer speakers as well.

I can't give a full opinion then of the speakers on the monitor because I don't use them. I know that my friend who purchased the T220HD also uses pc speakers because the sound doesnt get too loud or deep. That is to be expected though, I have never used a monitor with great audio. For a monitor, it is good, for sound in general, not so much. If you can I would advise doing something similar to my setup if you could.[/quote]

thx, I'll keep that in mind, maybe get me some external speakers then because my laptop audio is ok but it could be louder. How do you have your audio from your 360 go through your computer speakers, do you run it straight to the speakers (if yes than how), or do you run it through your computer. Sorry for all of the questions but I'm trying to get mine setup with good audio and video so I don't have to worry about anything else down the line.

Edit: nevermind, I found where the digital audio output is, now I just need to find some good cheap speakers then, that would work with my laptop also.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back