Resistance 2 Collector's Edition ($59.99) at Amazon

Resistance 2 CE should have been $60, it was not worth $80 with the crappy figurine and crappy artbook (heh, if one can call it such). Compare to Fallout 3 CE, Resistance 2 CE is pale in comparison.

Is this really a surprise? Almost all of these collectors editions drop in price a few weeks after release. I've all but stopped buying games that have any sort of collectors edition at release, just to wait and buy the collectors edition for the price that the regular edition came out at (or even sometimes cheaper).

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is this really a surprise? Almost all of these collectors editions drop in price a few weeks after release. I've all but stopped buying games that have any sort of collectors edition at release, just to wait and buy the collectors edition for the price that the regular edition came out at (or even sometimes cheaper).[/quote]

I'd say it's a surprise. This is a highly anticipated release and it's only been a few weeks. AND it's a $20 drop. Even Metal Gear Solid 4 took a month to drop $10.

Most Collector's Editions take a while to drop unless the game is crap and even then generally most have a period of time directly after release where the eBay market price hikes up because people panic they won't be able to get one.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is this really a surprise? Almost all of these collectors editions drop in price a few weeks after release. I've all but stopped buying games that have any sort of collectors edition at release, just to wait and buy the collectors edition for the price that the regular edition came out at (or even sometimes cheaper).[/QUOTE]

I dunno about that, I buy a lot of limited editions, and this is the only one I've bought in the last couple of months to have a price drop this drastic, or any sort of price drop at all really, at least from looking at Amazon.

[quote name='Shady3011']I still have this sealed somewhere around here. Probably going to return it and just buy it at the lower price again.[/quote]

I want to do the same, but it will only net me $5...maybe

Item(s) Subtotal: $79.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Gold Box Discount: -$4.00 HD DVD promotion: -$50.00 BMLSAVES Promotion: -$5.00 ----- Total Before Tax: $20.99 Sales tax: $0.00 ----- Total for this Shipment: $20.99

[quote name='VGI-Shinobi']Resistance 2 CE should have been $60, it was not worth $80 with the crappy figurine and crappy artbook (heh, if one can call it such). Compare to Fallout 3 CE, Resistance 2 CE is pale in comparison.[/quote]

Games retail for $60. Why would have they had this retail for that price?

[quote name='jacknicklson']I want to do the same, but it will only net me $5...maybe

Item(s) Subtotal: $79.99 Shipping & Handling: $0.00 Gold Box Discount: -$4.00 HD DVD promotion: -$50.00 BMLSAVES Promotion: -$5.00 ----- Total Before Tax: $20.99 Sales tax: $0.00 ----- Total for this Shipment: $20.99[/quote]

Not sure how that HD DVD promotion work, but it isn't worth the trouble since you'll also lose $3.50 for shipping it back.

[quote name='Shady3011']Not sure how that HD DVD promotion work, but it isn't worth the trouble since you'll also lose $3.50 for shipping it back.[/quote]

I know and I lose the gold box and BML promo, netting me $4-5

[quote name='rainking187']I dunno about that, I buy a lot of limited editions, and this is the only one I've bought in the last couple of months to have a price drop this drastic, or any sort of price drop at all really, at least from looking at Amazon.[/quote]

I'd hardly call this a price drop until it hits other retailers. If it drops at Gamestop or Best Buy, then it's safe to say it's a drop. Over the past few weeks there have been many deals on several of these collectors editions for various AAA titles. This "drop" is nothing new for the collectors editions of a game.

Decisions... I was planning to get R2 used with LBP and Fallout 3 in the GS b2G1, but I may just get this, R2 is the one I want immediately (I can wait a year for fallout, and LBP will only get better since I'm not interested in creating). I also prefer to buy new, so I may stick with this.

There's also no guarantee my GS will actually have those three and I'm not travelling all over town.

Sweet - I Knew this would happen - just not so soon. In for one with the BML promo bringing it down to $49.99.

If you still have the reg edition wrapped... return it and get the CE, for $60, worth it... Well, chances are, you have not play it yet, you will not play it soon...

Well, it cost $60 when i first bought it from Amazon anyway, so come to think of it, it's the same deal. $10 GC (applied instantly, the promo was for reg edition, but got adjusted to the CE) and $10 from BML...

If this CE is steelbook, then i'll say, it's worth it, otherwise, $60-$70. The game is cool though, you gotta play! For some reason, i like the first one better.... The 2nd one plays more like Resident Evil.

[quote name='no_exit']Sweet - I Knew this would happen - just not so soon. In for one with the BML promo bringing it down to $49.99.[/quote]
what is the BML promo

Wow, nice discount! I got mine for $54 after GC, etc., but if I had known it'd drop this fast, I'd have waited...

Thanks OP I was looking into getting the game but my funds are a little low but since this a good deal I got it.

Amazon has screwed the loyal customers again. Eternal Poison first, now this :cry:

Has anyone who preordered the game actually received the bonus skin download?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Games retail for $60. Why would have they had this retail for that price?[/quote]
Simple answer: the extra contents and the figurine of this CE suck. Besides the Making DVD, the figurine is cheapy looking and the artbook has only 16 double pages (including the cover)! Tell me if this extra contents worth the extra $20? It's no brainer why Amazon dropped this CE dud because once people realize they get crappy stuffs for $80, no one is going to recommend it to their friends.

If it were to have a steel case then I can justify the extra dollars. Have you seen the artbook from Fallout 3 CE, now THAT is the artbook this game should have.

[quote name='eau']Amazon has screwed the loyal customers again. Eternal Poison first, now this :cry:

Has anyone who preordered the game actually received the bonus skin download?[/quote]

How is this screwing the loyal customer? As time goes on, things go down in price and apparently, some things drop faster in price than others. I'm actually glad I'm broke, saved me $20.

DAMN! I shouldn't have preordered this ever. But I could return it, luckily. Mine is still wrapped! I hope this stays in stock long enough for me to replace.

The code for the skin is apparently inside the box.

[quote name='eau']Amazon has screwed the loyal customers again. Eternal Poison first, now this :cry:

Has anyone who preordered the game actually received the bonus skin download?[/quote]

I received my bonus skin for preordering, but only after emailing customer service, i had to harass them about my Valkyria Chronicles $10 off code too, amazon seems to be trying to get away with not handing out these pre-order incentives, the only one they gave me on time was the $10 off code from Mirror's Edge.

Just ordered it. What are the chances it will arrive Wednesday so I can play during the holiday... (Super saver used to be that fast, but it seems to have gotten slower lately).

You could just buy the game again for $60 and return that one with the $80 original order. If something is shipped after Nov. 1st you have until the end of Jan. to return it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']How is this screwing the loyal customer? As time goes on, things go down in price and apparently, some things drop faster in price than others. I'm actually glad I'm broke, saved me $20.[/quote]
They screwed loyal customers who preordered items for them. This is especially true with Eternal Poison. They dropped the price a week after release and they know they don't have to price adjust. Some of these customers hadn't even received the game and it was already on sale.

They're not screwing anyone. I'm tired of hearing this everytime something drops in price. Obviously, no one is buying this particular version of the game. Amazon wants to try and get rid of them while there is still interest in the actual game, so they don't have to sell these CEs for $40 later on. They are a business, and at the end of the day, they have to maximize profits and minimize losses.

Oh shit, my EP is $36.99 and i just got it few days ago. Gotta be fucking kidding me! How's this for not screwing the customers? In the case of R2 CE, yeah, i understand... But EP, for god's sake, i just got it last week... WTF!

[quote name='eau']They screwed loyal customers who preordered items for them. This is especially true with Eternal Poison. They dropped the price a week after release and they know they don't have to price adjust. Some of these customers hadn't even received the game and it was already on sale.[/QUOTE]

If you preordered it, you obviously felt the price premium was worth it to have the game immediately upon release. You agreed to purchase at a price acceptable to both you and amazon. Now amazon has dropped the price because the market no longer sustains an $80 price point. Should they keep the price artificially high so you can feel better about your purchase, or should they lower to a price they can actually sell at? If you're so sensitive to price fluctuations, I would reconsider pre-ordering, the market is very competitive this time of year, and price drops happen fast. Amazon isn't screwing anyone.

[quote name='Serpentor']Oh shit, my EP is $36.99 and i just got it few days ago. Gotta be fucking kidding me! How's this for not screwing the customers? In the case of R2 CE, yeah, i understand... But EP, for god's sake, i just got it last week... WTF![/quote]

Art Book is easily worth $7 so not a good example imo. Like its been stated, they aren't screwing anyone.

Well, i know they're not technically screwing anyone, but still! If this is a B&M store, i can easily price adjust....

think it about, with EP and R2 CE, the price difference is $27. If i have to pay returning postage, I can still net a $20 back. Just that i'm reluctant to return on Amazon, because i heard that people got banned doing so... regardless intentional or not and i don't want that to happen yet (i sell on Amazon too).

I do have an issue with the lack of pricematch policy. If this was a B&M store, I could get my credit instead of having to buy a new game and then setting up a return for the copy I have at home.

(If you think about it, even if you opened the game, you could get a refund. You can just send back the one you receive sealed since the return process gives you just a barcode and prepaid shipping label. You just need to setup the return for your old copy.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I only spent $3 more from CC so I don't think this is worth it (Rune Factory 2 dropped $6 from what I paid but my Prime Trial expired today).

I'm canceling all pre-orders with Amazon. I refuse to buy a game and than watch it drop 10-30% the next week and be unable to do anything. BB with it's gamers club is a much better alternative.

WTF!! I just did the PlayStation Underground deal and got Little Big Planet instead of Resistance because I wanted for the Collector's edition to be cheaper. Epic fail...

Man, I hate people who pricematch. I understand that this is Cheap Ass Gamer and everything, but damn, those people have to be the most annoying people ever. I would only maybe tolerate price matching if it was some big money purchase and the pricematch would save you a few hundred dollars.

But let me break it down real fast as to why you shouldn't be allowed to price match: the price you paid to get it at launch is the premium you paid to have it at launch. You don't get the both of best worlds. You should either get to have it day 1 and pay full price or wait until it drops in price. If you're so worried about the price dropping $10-20, then wait till it does before you pay.

bread's done
Back