Tokyo Dome Wind Tunnel

There was actually a really interesting article on Slate a couple months ago about how revolving doors are much more energy efficient than standard swinging doors because they equalize the pressure and prevent heating/cooling from escaping. So we may be seeing more of them in the years to come.

All I remember about the Tokyo Dome was this small restaurant at it. Can't remember what it was called, but it was obviously there to attract foreigners with their standard foods like burgers, fries, etc.

On the sign above is a sort of slogan/poem thing that's meant to sound enticing. You can clearly tell there was little to no supervision from someone who actually knows how to speak English when it came to dreaming up the text that is up there, and instead a poor translation program was most likely employed.

Why?

Because it says, essentially, that "Our burger is so good, it will shut up the taste of beef."

I'm surprised they let me in after the show of laughter I performed just outside their doors.

Note to self: add this onto the "To-Do" list when I visit Tokyo next year. How much for a CheapyD tour of Akihabra?

[quote name='Strell']All I remember about the Tokyo Dome was this small restaurant at it. Can't remember what it was called, but it was obviously there to attract foreigners with their standard foods like burgers, fries, etc.

On the sign above is a sort of slogan/poem thing that's meant to sound enticing. You can clearly tell there was little to no supervision from someone who actually knows how to speak English when it came to dreaming up the text that is up there, and instead a poor translation program was most likely employed.

Why?

Because it says, essentially, that "Our burger is so good, it will shut up the taste of beef."

I'm surprised they let me in after the show of laughter I performed just outside their doors.[/quote]
The Burgers Tokyo?

bread's done
Back