Some Previous Gamefly deals still LIVE! DMC4 for $13, Quake Wars for $10 shipped

chrisnsally

CAGiversary!
Feedback
114 (100%)
Didn't see this in the forums.

I was checking gamefly for other deals, and noticed some of the previous sale games listed on CAG still offer free shipping.

DMC4 for the 360 is $12.99 w/ free shipping:
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760

Quake Wars for 360 is $9.99 w/ free shipping:
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125635

Free shipping seems to be title-specific, so feel free to add any more to the list as you find them (my boss probably wouldn't appreciate me looking through all of them right now!)

Yes, I know some of these are $3 more than the previous posted deal - but it's STILL a DEAL!

Thanks for the post but those have been the same price for a few months now... I remember "keeping" DMC4 back in September for 12.99.

Neither of these games have been a part of the daily deals that CheapyD has been posting. That doesn't mean they're bad prices, but it does mean your characterization of them is wrong :)

Thats a damn good price on DMC4. But I already got so much from gamefly this week and I hear the game is hard as balls. I also heard the achievements will make you want to murder someone =P

I wonder if Quake is any good though. The reviews dont seem that great but I loved Quake on the PC..

no dmc4 was 15$ a while ago. and it dropped to 13$ when the aerosmith deal was going on and i picked it up. dont know if it was part of the sale or just a universal price drop

quake wars was a decent game. No story and pretty much pointless campaign mode. The multiplayer was pretty fun but there is better out there. It is pretty much Quake meets Battlefield. For $10 bucks its worth it. But at full retail it will feel like a rip off for most.

What is the condition of games (disc, manual and box) from Gamefly? I kind of lean towards buying PS3 games since it has a pretty scratch resistant discs.

[quote name='leesiulung']What is the condition of games (disc, manual and box) from Gamefly? I kind of lean towards buying PS3 games since it has a pretty scratch resistant discs.[/quote]

The manuals and cases are like new, and the disks vary. So far I've had 2 360 games that were in really great shape, and one with some medium surface scratches that didn't affect anything. They have a great return policy if you get something that's in really bad shape.

[quote name='leesiulung']What is the condition of games (disc, manual and box) from Gamefly? I kind of lean towards buying PS3 games since it has a pretty scratch resistant discs.[/quote]

I've picked up Assassin's Creed, Burnout Paradise, Condemned 2, Jericho, Strangehold and Unreal Tournament 3 from Gamefly over the past few months and generally, as was said before, the cases and manuals are in perfect condition (as they are never rented), and the games have slight to medium wear on them.

A couple have been flawless, too ... so, the condition is quite good for used games.

Never received Army of Two which I ordered for $9.99 w/ free shipping. Was told that it was lost in the mail and encouraged to rebuy it for $17.99 w/o free shipping. Bully will probably also be lost. It is already $2 more and there is no free shipping. Gamefly is fly. :applause:

[quote name='3extremes']Never received Army of Two which I ordered for $9.99 w/ free shipping. Was told that it was lost in the mail and encouraged to rebuy it for $17.99 w/o free shipping. Bully will probably also be lost. It is already $2 more and there is no free shipping. Gamefly is fly. :applause:[/quote]

Took like 11 days for my AoT and K&L to show up. They are slow already then add the holiday mail and yea things are slow. Only time I ever had Gamefly lose something was a game that I was trying to rent from them several years ago.

[quote name='3extremes']Never received Army of Two which I ordered for $9.99 w/ free shipping. Was told that it was lost in the mail and encouraged to rebuy it for $17.99 w/o free shipping. Bully will probably also be lost. It is already $2 more and there is no free shipping. Gamefly is fly. :applause:[/quote]

did u get ur money back?

When it comes to the condition of used games, it is better to buy from Gamefly than Gamestop.

You might have one tiny little scratch on a game from Gamefly, but for Gamestop, it looks like someone scraped the shit from their ass with a used game.

[quote name='leesiulung']What is the condition of games (disc, manual and box) from Gamefly? I kind of lean towards buying PS3 games since it has a pretty scratch resistant discs.[/QUOTE]

i got 6 games. heres my experience.

mass effect - mint
unreal tournament 3 (ps3) - mint
rainbow six vegas 2 - (ps3) very good
condemned 2 - (ps3) mint
army of two - (ps3) very good
devil may cry 4 (360) - good
the club - (360) - poor... cracked case and is scratched to hell. skipped a lot during cutscenes too when i first got it, but i cleaned it, and its playable now.

so yea, i had really good luck with them. would definately recommend and buy again

Bought a couple games from them for the first time last week. Very impressed, everything was included and in good condition. The 360 discs were refinished, but they're refinished professionally.

I've had very good luck with gamefly. On the other hand, the stuff I've gotten from Gamestop has been crap. In one case I got no case - just a disk with a generic cardboard sleeve. I will only buy from gamestop B&M - never by mail.

[quote name='zkitaN']did u get ur money back?[/quote]
Not yet, but I was promised a refund for Army of Two. Looks like I have to contact them about Bully too. I put in my AOT order in the morning when it 1st went on sale, it shouldn't have been oversold. Never had a problem with them in the past but this experience makes me think twice. I'm kinda glad that stopped with their sales. :whistle2:(

I still have not received my AOT. Was there a problem with the game? Did they just not ship them out?

I am really disappointed with Gamefly. I ordered 5 games for the 360 and all 5 came in perfect condition. I ordered some of the deals of the day and...AOT never showed, Kane and Lynch's case was cracked (no biggie) and Bully was so badly scratched it wouldn't play.

And their return / exchange policy sucks. They had me write return to sender on the package so they wouldn't have to pay shipping back; I feel like they are scamming the USPS. Plus, I have no way to verify they receive the game, which I still have yet to receive a refund for.

I don't like when a company takes your money and never sends out a game, hoping you will forget about it.

You get what you pay for.

[quote name='soccerstud652']
And their return / exchange policy sucks. They had me write return to sender on the package so they wouldn't have to pay shipping back; I feel like they are scamming the USPS. Plus, I have no way to verify they receive the game, which I still have yet to receive a refund for.

I don't like when a company takes your money and never sends out a game, hoping you will forget about it.

You get what you pay for.[/quote]

This is very true. I felt the same way when I had to return one of the games I ordered. I think I even had to call them weeks later to get the refund. Kinda annoying really...

However, DMC4 at that price is quite tempting and I think I'll give them another try.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I still have not received my AOT. Was there a problem with the game? Did they just not ship them out?

I am really disappointed with Gamefly. I ordered 5 games for the 360 and all 5 came in perfect condition. I ordered some of the deals of the day and...AOT never showed, Kane and Lynch's case was cracked (no biggie) and Bully was so badly scratched it wouldn't play.

You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

well. i think its known they oversold on some of those deals they had these last two weeks. i heard quite a few people had their orders canceled, and other people being offered refunds, no strings attached, when their games wasnt showing up.

also. you have to take into account that USPS itself may be the one causing tons of trouble with the long shipping times. First off... USPS is notorious for its slow shipping dates... it has gotten much better in recent times, but i remember i rathered ship something small via UPS just because UPS would get it there 2 days earlier at least all the time over USPS.

USPS has gotten much faster as i said, but its the holidays, and they have been absolutely bogged down. in fact, my newspaper just had a front page article on our backlogged out local postal service is, and that they are recieiving so many packages to ship, they are actually holding a lot just because its too much for the carrier to deliver.

its very likely with this holiday rush, lots of your games have sat in USPS stations for a few days, waiting till they had a lighter load to finally send it.

and also, this doesnt explain severe cases of scratched disks, but i know for a fact USPS tends to treat packages like shit... well... most of the time. Ive seen people bring in fragile packages to the post office, and the worker frigging throw the thing across the room then into the bin when the person leaves. that being said, cracked cases are a very possible result from USPS abuse... and scratched disks can occur from the disks falling out of the holders during transport... i know quite a few of the games i got were out of the holder and sliding around the case.

im just saying USPS can be the reason for lots of blame here.

I waited about 3 weeks for a game from gamefly before asking for a refund and having it reported lost. After a got my refund confirmation email, The game literally arrived two days later. I emailed them back, but they haven't responded and the game still shows as "Lost Buy"

It makes me feel bad... :(

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']I waited about 3 weeks for a game from gamefly before asking for a refund and having it reported lost. After a got my refund confirmation email, The game literally arrived two days later. I emailed them back, but they haven't responded and the game still shows as "Lost Buy"

It makes me feel bad... :([/QUOTE]

told you... its USPS!!! MUAHAHWA!!!!

anyway, i heard cheapy mention somewhere they might be having deals this week? any news on that yet?

I have always ordered games from them. When they had the deals I almost bit on every single one, So far I think I have got 10 games from them total. Every single game was in perfect condition and showed up in less then a week, with one exception where it took a week and a half

bread's done
Back