LittleBigPlanet (EU Version) - $32 shipped at DVD.CO.UK

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
[IMG-L=4890]3882[/IMG-L]DVD.CO.UK currently is selling the European version of LittleBigPlanet for £17.99 which should come out to somewhere around $32 US once you convert and factor in shipping.

LittleBigPlanet (EU Version) - £17.99 shipped ($32 US)

I've bought imports from this site recently and they have all arrived quickly.

All PS3 games are region free, so this will work on a North American console. I'm not 100% positive that all the network features work in different regions, but if someone could confirm the status of that it would be appreciated. From what I've found online, it appears that the online play is not region-locked, so it should be fine... but like I said, I'm not 100% on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='carpwrist']Add £2.99 for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Guess, their shipping went up slightly since the last time I ordered. Updated OP with the new estimate. Approximately $32 shipped now.

Still a good deal, just hoping it works.
Any tips on how to correctly input the shipping info? (eg. do you include the +4 digit extension for the zip code? Postal code = zip code? )

[quote name='carpwrist']Still a good deal, just hoping it works.
Any tips on how to correctly input the shipping info? (eg. do you include the +4 digit extension for the zip code? Postal code = zip code? )[/QUOTE]

I just used my 5 digit zip code when I ordered in the past.

they seemed to ship pretty quick too. Quicker than I expected for overseas. Picked up some games when they had a 2 for 50(pounds) deal going on.

Only problem with this is that you'd need to buy any DLC from the UK store. (and that's very difficult from the US)
DLC is not region free for this game.

[quote name='dallow']Only problem with this is that you'd need to buy any DLC from the UK store. (and that's very difficult from the US)
DLC is not region free for this game.[/quote]

That's good to know with all of the free stuff they have been putting out.

Out of curiosity, do they charge your credit card in pounds, which means you may pay an additional conversion fee as if you used the card overseas? (I know some cards do this and some don't)

[quote name='happy']That's good to know with all of the free stuff they have been putting out.

Out of curiosity, do they charge your credit card in pounds, which means you may pay an additional conversion fee as if you used the card overseas? (I know some cards do this and some don't)[/quote]
Well, that isn't the problem.
They don't accept US credit cards as payment.

The only way to buy stuff from the UK store from USA is to have a buddy in Europe add money to your account for you, and you pay them with paypal or whatever.

Dallow, any particular reason you are thread crapping? You're starting to annoy me.

First off, the $30 in savings is definitely worth these DLC issues that only you seem to be aware of. Second, if the they don't accept US Credit Cards, then how have two stateside CAGs already vouched for them?

I'm glad your making sure people aren't wasting their money, but don't be such an ass.

I'm surprised there's not as many interested in this deal as I am. So just to clarify things, no DLC, so that means like, no costumes? What else is there for DLC? And also, we still get user-created levels from all around the world, right?

[quote name='carpwrist']Dallow, any particular reason you are thread crapping? You're starting to annoy me.

First off, the $30 in savings is definitely worth these DLC issues that only you seem to be aware of. Second, if the they don't accept US Credit Cards, then how have two stateside CAGs already vouched for them?

I'm glad your making sure people aren't wasting their money, but don't be such an ass.[/QUOTE]

I dont see how he is being an ass when he wants to make sure people understand what they are getting. There are some neat DLC such as the Street Fighter and soon MGS4 costume that you wont be getting easily with the UK version. To some people saving $30 isnt worth it if you cant get the full experience.

[quote name='carpwrist']Dallow, any particular reason you are thread crapping? You're starting to annoy me.

I'm glad your making sure people aren't wasting their money, but don't be such an ass.[/quote]

Wow,if your getting annoyed by his "thread crapping" then don't read any other thread on CAG....ever...dudes not thread crapping or being an ass...and his reference to non-acceptance was regarding PSN,not the website...you would have been able to get that had you read his post..Happy didn't make it clear whether he was talking about the website or PSN,but Dallow was clearly talking about PSN....

And $32 is a decent price but with all the other games to play I'll bite at $20

I'm glad your making sure people aren't wasting their money, but don't be such an ass.[/quote]

you're the ass

The only company that will not charge conversion fees is Capital One. All the other banks will charge you around $1-3 dollars on top of what you pay. I used to work for Capital One so I know this very well.

[quote name='oasisboy']The only company that will not charge conversion fees is Capital One. All the other banks will charge you around $1-3 dollars on top of what you pay. I used to work for Capital One so I know this very well.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info, this will be handy in the future.

[quote name='carpwrist']I received my CC statement today.

$33 for LBP shipped. I'm very happy with this deal. Thanks again Shipwreck![/quote]
I was gonna post that they do not charge pounds and for visa the conversion fee was around a dollar as well. but you guys beat me to it.

$33 for LBP shipped. I'm very happy with this deal. Thanks again Shipwreck![/QUOTE]

Too bad you won't be using the game's DLC...

$33 for LBP shipped. I'm very happy with this deal. Thanks again Shipwreck![/QUOTE]

Do let us know if you are able to use the DLC from the US PSN store.

Uhh, I missed your comment before, but I think you misread what I wrote and my point as well carpwrist.

I was talking about the Euro PSN not accepting US credit cards, not this website which I've used many times for import CDs.

Do me a favor and try to download the Santa suit off the USA PSN. I'm 99% sure it won't show up in your game since it's UK region.

I'm pretty sure that Dallow is correct. Retail software's DLC is locked to that region's PSN store, so the Euro LBP will only work with Euro LBP DLC.

Thanks shipwreck, ordered one for my in-laws in the UK. Didn't know about the DLC issue, I send a lot of games over there (since they're usually much cheaper here). I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.

[quote name='gabrielh']Simply create an UK account in your US PS3 and you will be all set to download the free costumes.[/quote]
But you'll have to play them on your UK account. And not your regular US account that everyone knows you as.

Downloading freebies isn't the issue, it's using them with your US profile.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']You can use anything downloaded on your ps3 on all accounts[/quote]Not DLC. For the most part, DLC is region-blocked.
I know for sure it is for LBP, because I can't use the free costumes from the UK or Japan on my US account.

I haven't spent that much time online, but I did get my copy of LBP in today. I did some of the single-player, then did some community maps. I downloaded the free Santa costume but I'm not sure where it'd be located (already in my Popit?). Anyhow, the Little Big Planet Store is empty, but the regions are fine. I played Darknessbear's Little Dead Space (fantastic map btw!).

So Dallow may be correct about the games region-locked DLC, but if you're a CAG you won't mind not spending the extra money and be happy with the $30+ in savings.

The dlc is region locked but you can play it on any account, so you would have to buy your dlc from the europe store but then you could use it while playing on your regular account, my north america dlc shows up fine when i'm playing in my japanese account just to heart my own levels :p

[quote name='carpwrist']I haven't spent that much time online, but I did get my copy of LBP in today. I did some of the single-player, then did some community maps. I downloaded the free Santa costume but I'm not sure where it'd be located (already in my Popit?). Anyhow, the Little Big Planet Store is empty, but the regions are fine. I played Darknessbear's Little Dead Space (fantastic map btw!).

So Dallow may be correct about the games region-locked DLC, but if you're a CAG you won't mind not spending the extra money and be happy with the $30+ in savings.[/quote]Yeah, it'd be in your popit.
Glad you're enjoying the game. Some of the user made levels are fantastic.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']The dlc is region locked but you can play it on any account, so you would have to buy your dlc from the europe store but then you could use it while playing on your regular account, my north america dlc shows up fine when i'm playing in my japanese account just to heart my own levels :p[/quote]The costumes you got from your american account work on your US account?
Your version is magic then, as all my DLC from 3 regions only work on the respective accounts, and this is the case with everyone else online.
How I wish I could use the Toro JPN costume on my American account.

bread's done
Back