Gamestop Bioshock PS3 Pricedrop

Awesome. I was going to pick this up over the weekend with my giftcard, but i'm glad i waited.

Thanks for the heads up!

I think this is just a sale. Though I picked up some time ago for $27.xx NEW at Costco during there price screw up. Great game even the second time through.

[quote name='mrg']Yeah, that is still way too high for a game that old. Not a dime over $29.99.[/QUOTE]

This. Hell, it (along with Eternal Sonata) should fall to $20 within a short time considering they both have X360 counterparts that are very cheap right now...

[quote name='NJMane']I think this is just a sale. Though I picked up some time ago for $27.xx NEW at Costco during there price screw up. Great game even the second time through.[/quote]

^Wow. Costco actually shipped those?

I'll just wait for a drop to $20 before I pick it up.

[quote name='argyle']This. Especially since I have a $25 GS gift card on the way from e-rewards. :)[/quote]

Ditto. Mine should be here any day now. :cool:

^
I also do that e-rewards survey stuff. Under what is GS gift cards located. I was just on there and only saw Blockbuster rewards and no GS. Thanks for the info.

If I didn't still have Mercs 2, the rest of Uncharted, almost all of Conan and at least 3-4 other games to play through right now(including a copy of Rise Of The Argonauts that my gf picked up for me for Christmas) I might consider this.

But I think I'll wait till it hits $20-30 before I bite.

[quote name='MAGfuz']^
I also do that e-rewards survey stuff. Under what is GS gift cards located. I was just on there and only saw Blockbuster rewards and no GS. Thanks for the info.[/quote]

If you log in to your account, GS should be listed on the main page under the "Program Sponsors" banner on the left side. Alternatively, if you click on the "Rewards" link at the top of the page and scroll down, GS will be on left side under "Rewards by Company."

Wow, I figured this would be good to convert GS credit to BBV credit. It turns out that the price drop is also at Blockbuster. They hardly ever follow the trend this quick. $39.99 new, $34.99 used, and a TIV of $23.

This might be universal price drop, I went to Bestbuy today and it was $40 there also...

Its same price at Bestbuy for anyone interested!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sTaTIx']Good to see this 1-year–old game finally get discounted to fairly reasonable levels.[/quote]

It's been out about 2 months.

[quote name='saturnotaku']If you log in to your account, GS should be listed on the main page under the "Program Sponsors" banner on the left side. Alternatively, if you click on the "Rewards" link at the top of the page and scroll down, GS will be on left side under "Rewards by Company."[/quote]

Nope...not sure why you're seeing it an I'm not, but it's not there. The alphabetical list of companies goes from FTD.com to Hilton HHonors.

[quote name='saturnotaku']If you log in to your account, GS should be listed on the main page under the "Program Sponsors" banner on the left side. Alternatively, if you click on the "Rewards" link at the top of the page and scroll down, GS will be on left side under "Rewards by Company."[/quote]

That is odd. As I am posting this I've been looking where you told me, and I have not been able to find it. Maybe they don't offer it to us Minnesotans.

It's ok I picked this game up for $8 at GS last night with a couple of trades in of games I have beat/played to death (CoD4 and Dead Space)

[quote name='oasisboy']Just buy it for 360 NEW for $29.99 at retail price...[/quote]

Not everyone has a 360 :roll:... Why do you think people are looking for deals on the PS3 version...

Damn, i paid the 55 used price during b2g1 free (granted i got assassins creed and dmc4 for free once i used my giftcard since my total ended up being 54 for all 3). At least b2g1 free isn't going again this week so i dont feel too bad about it

[quote name='mkernan']Tried to get it, but my local store couldn't find the case.... so I passed.[/quote]

Yeah I was shocked when I went to one of my local GS's and they had it new, and sealed and not "new" and opened. I was happy

Well, I need to find it at Gamestop still.... I noticed in other threads that Amazon and Newegg had/have it for $30, but I have GS credit. Went looking for a used copy and one store couldn't find the case, another store couldn't find it at all even though their computer said they had one. Didn't have time to visit other stores that supposedly have it used so I just figured I'd order online, but by the time I got home it was out of stock online used and new. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and GS will drop it another $10 relatively soon.... I already beat it on 360, so I'm not sure why I'm so dead-set on getting it right this second.

[quote name='mkernan']Well, I need to find it at Gamestop still.... I noticed in other threads that Amazon and Newegg had/have it for $30, but I have GS credit. Went looking for a used copy and one store couldn't find the case, another store couldn't find it at all even though their computer said they had one. Didn't have time to visit other stores that supposedly have it used so I just figured I'd order online, but by the time I got home it was out of stock online used and new. Oh well. Maybe I'll get lucky and GS will drop it another $10 relatively soon.... I already beat it on 360, so I'm not sure why I'm so dead-set on getting it right this second.[/quote]

Well, I went back to my local store and I guess they found the case because it was on the shelf this time. Went ahead and used store credit to pick it up. Used Edge and 10% newletter coupon, $27.99. Game is in nearly mint condition. The GS stickers were on the slip cover instead of the case, which is good, but they peeled off some of the printing underneath. I figure the cardboard slip cover will end up falling apart and getting trashed eventually anyway.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Only reason I'd pick this up is for the challenge rooms... wish those would come to the 360.[/QUOTE]

yeah the DLC is really the only reason the PS3 version needs to exist, if the core game were a bit cheaper I'd bite, but I'm already 90% in the PC version, hard to go back to lower res, lower framerate etc..

[quote name='Jackalope']Amazon 29.99[/quote]

its not anymore. its back up to 39.99 now sold by j & r music world and theyre saying they only have 2 in stock.

bread's done
Back