The Target Clearance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to www.schworak.com/upc/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

When posting what you have found, please note the location that you found it at, example:

Philadelphia, PA
Snyder Plaza

Game Name, System, Price

(This edit from Big Dirty)

Newark, Ca [Nor-Cal]

NCAA College Football 2k3 - $6.50

NCAA 2k3 - $6.50 [Basketball]

Xbox Live starter Kit 2.0 - $34.99

I saw Resident Evil at my local Target for about 7 dollars last week. And also Onimusha 2 for 10, a few months ago.

aghhhhh!

I was just there yesterday and I didn't see the hotshot golf markdown :whistle2:(

Is it in the glass case?

on that wall directly behind the glass cases?

Or

that stand-alone display to the left of the glass game cases as your coming in to the electronic section specifically for greatest hits?

It's in the glass case, but it's not marked. You have to find a schmuck, I mean target employee, to get it out of the case. It seems that they are sometimes off on their clearance pricing there, hence why I like to go in with my own set of barcodes to scan. (Hence how I found out HSG3 is 7.50)

Also they have NHL 2003 marked for $14.98 but actually scans in at $19.99

Also, the Target in Oxford Valley/Langhorne PA, had a copy of Amplitude (I didn't check price because I own it, but a fine game indeed), and Sega NBA 2K3 and EA NCAA Football 2003 both for PS2 on clearance as well, in mass quantities.

BigDirty....A Question About That Process.

How do you actually print off those UPCs into a Word Document. I wanted to make a whole sheet of UPCs so I could have all the games I wanted to check on one sheet.

I saved the image (saved it as an .xbm file). I was wondering if it would degrade the image if I saved it as someting else. I can't paste into Word with the current file format.

Also, is there anything I have to set up in order for the UPC to print properly or if I print it straight off the site, would those work?

Thanks.

I actually copy the image to the clipboard (highlight and right click) and then just shift-insert it into the document.

As far as degrading the image, I doubt that would be a problem. UPCs are 2 colors, technically only one, and compression main deals with colour depth.

Printing straight off the site should be fine, especially if you have a place where you don't have a problem cranking out page after page (like a work or school printer).

East Windsor NJ:

Primal $7.48
Pride F/C $7.48
NCAA March Madness 2003 $7.48

All last copies.... check your stores to see if you can cash in on these deals

i couldnt find Zone of the Enders nor shenmueII in any of my target...i guess it was sold out long before

Fremont, Ca Target

Blinx for $9.98 on ur price tag but it was scanned at 19.99
Disney's Magical Mirror Starring Mickey Mouse for $10.90

Invalid Half.com UPCs

Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter (PS2 & XBox)
Eternal Darkness (GC)
Goin' Quackers (GC)

The numbers half used don't match the ones in the Target system.

Apparently there is a bad batch of Primal that was released with NO CD's. Make sure to check the game before you leave the store. I went through 3 of these bad boys.

Pride, you see it, snag it... it's a great game..

Hot Shots Golf has returned to regular GH pricing (19.99) at Burlington and Cherry Hill, NJ stores. Not sure if its a universal change, kudos to the finders and those who got to take part on the deal.

Also Burlington NJ.... Primal $6.48

just to add to the good gamecube deals going on, at a local (wixom, MI) Target, they had a few Cube/SSBM combo packs...for only $99. great game, great system..both of which i already have. Note the fact this is now the regular price for the system, just a limited time bundle (that past its time..)

yup hot shot has went back to its normal price but i was still able to snag one because they had a tag that was still there so the guy had to give it to me...and i didnt even see primal nor pride fc in any of the 5 targets i went to...guess it was all gone...o wellz

Wow, Wixom, MI. I just had a job interview at that Target today. They don't pay too much so I'm going to stick with my current job. I live about 10 minutes from Wixom. They aren't usually a very good Target for clearance, but I did pick up NBA 2K3 there for $6.50-something there.

They'll be VERY good for clearance not too long from now. its still a relatively new store, so most of thier stuff hasnt had time to go down, that goes along with the fact its not very high traffic yet.

I officially love my Target.

If I haven't felt that way before, I do now.

I picked up Amplitude there for 7.48, clearanced. It wasn't in the Greatest Hits section, but instead, in the glass case, but marked down nonethless.

But the barcode scanning doesn't work for me. I wonder why. The price scanners doesn't seem to pick up on the barcodes.

The games section in my local target absolutely stinks! There are no deals whatsoever and the chepeast game is $20

Muchos Kudos to the originators of this topic! :p

At my Target, Primal (in the loose value games section) had a sale sticker that said it was 20.98 marked down from 29.99 and then scanned for 7.48. :)

I asked an employee to check the price on Amplitude for me and pulled one from behind the glass and it scanned for 7.48, while labeled 39.99. :D

We need to find a Target employee who can run the entire games section a couple of times a week with their handheld computer system and report back as to what has dropped in price. :idea:

Anyone want to buy me a copy of Amplitude for me? I'll pay plus shipping :|

My Target sold out of Ampltiude when it was $17 months ago

[quote name='CameronPhD']
We need to find a Target employee who can run the entire games section a couple of times a week with their handheld computer system and report back as to what has dropped in price. :idea:[/quote]

While I'm not an employee, I am one of the originators of the creation and scanning of barcodes. I usually go in 2/3 times a week to look around, see what's been sitting on the shelves and come up with a barcode list to look at prices.

When something like the HSG-3 and Blinx deals roll around, it's usually because someone stumbled upon them, since GH/PH games usually don't leave the 19.99 price point.

But if there are any games that you want checked, posts them with the UPC # (usually from Half.com or Tradestop.com), and I'll do my best to get them checked out.

i just got HSG3 this weekend for 7.48. it scanned for 19.99 but the clearance tag was still there so i got it for that price. just a tip if you're using printed barcodes to check prices. look for clearance tags also.

What target in Jersey had them marked down? Most that I've been in are "tagless targets" in which most of the time, things never actually get a clearance tag that are on clearance. (and things that are marked on clearance, aren't)

I picked up the last copy of BloodRayne (Gamecube version) for $7.48 at my local Target (Greenbelt, MD). The clerk at the register did a double-take when the price range up and said he'd been looking for a game to buy. I'd originally stopped by to check on Primal, but I couldn't find any copies of that. :(

just came back from my local target in anaheim hills, ca and picked up Legend of Wrestling II for $7.48. It was for the playstation2. They also had scropion king for gamecube for $3.48, i mean both weren't good games, but for those prices it ain't bad. Legend of Wrestling II wasn't as bad as i thought when i played it afterwards

Not really amongt the best clearance deals out there, but Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance is $19.99 at Target. Everyone else seems to have it for $30.

Same price for The Italian Job as well...both for Xbox.

I didn't check whether this applied for the PS2 versions. I hope this wasn't in the Sunday ad.

Over the last two days I've picked up Primal and ZOE:2nd Runner for $7.48 Each. ZOE was tagged at $49.99 and Primal was tagged at $29.99.

Thanks to Cheapassgamer.com and UPCdatabase.com. It's getting alot easier to verify deals at Target.

I did as this post suggested and made a list of games I might be interested in if the price was right and went and scanned them this morning.
Has anyone else tried to scan the barcodes for Shinobi and Mark of Kri?
The scanner recognized them both (at least what I got from half.com and typed into upcdatabase) as Sony software but said the price was $0.00!
The store did not have either of those games so I could not proceed further.
Has this happened to anyone else trying this?

When the price is scanned at $0.00, it has something to do with it no longer being stocked. What happens if there is an instance where the product in question is in stock, the proper thing to do (some employees won't bother doing this, saying that it can't be sold, or make a price up) is that they check for the last sold price, and then sell it to you at that, which is normally between $3.50 and $7.50 depending on the title and store.

Good luck with your Targét bargain hunting

That happened to me yesterday when I picked up Primal. I scanned Terminator Dawn of Fate for PS2 and XBOX and Test Drive for PS2, all of them came up Value Software $0.00. And none of them were in the glass case.

hopefully i'm not repeating something, but.....

did anyone ever answer/figure out at what time games are clearanced on Mondays? Should we be waiting 'til later that night/Tuesday?

[quote name='BigDirty']What target in Jersey had them marked down? Most that I've been in are "tagless targets" in which most of the time, things never actually get a clearance tag that are on clearance. (and things that are marked on clearance, aren't)[/quote]

it was the Target on Rt9 south in freehold. like i said it was marked as clearance even though it scanned at 19.99. the guy gave it to me for the clearance price since the tag was still there. i assume he took the tag out right after my sale.
if it is marked on clearance you should definitely be able to get it at that price no matter how it scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back