The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

fuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Late last year there was a topic for the Sony RLS but it was taken away for good reason - abuse of the system by non-retail employees. Since then the RLS has stepped up and fixed the loopholes, and because of that we have approval to re-start the RLS topic. Please do not try to take advantage of the system and ruin it for everybody here who is a legit user of the site (it will not work anyway). Talk of abuse will not be tolerated in any way.

Where can I find the RLS?
rls.us.playstation.com

What is the RLS?
The RLS stands for Retail Loyalty Site. It is where employees of certain retail establishments can learn about the Playstation family of products by reading and taking quizzes to earn points to get prizes.

Do I have to be a retail employee to get this stuff?
YES. You now must provide proof of employment PRIOR to getting any items sent to you from the RLS. There is no more sneaking in and getting free stuff before you are found out. If you do not provide proof of employment you will not get anything.

Congratulations! You are registered on the PlayStation® Retail Loyalty Site.
You can access advanced details and behind-the-scenes information about PlayStation products and earn points by learning and demonstrating your PlayStation knowledge. In order to redeem points for valuable items in the catalog and to be included in quarterly sweepstakes drawings, you must verify your employment with a qualified retail employer. You can verify your employment now or wait and complete your verification later.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for verification approval. You will be notified via email as soon your verification has been processed.

How do I know if I am verified, and how can I get verified?
When you sign up you are by default unverified. On the top right of the screen you will see where it says "Welcome (your name)". Under that it says STATUS: and will say either verified or unverified. Click on that and it will tell you what you need to do to get verified.

So say I have a job with a place like Best Buy now and I quit - can I still get this stuff?
No, if you are no longer an employee of an approved retail chain you are no longer eligible for the program. Sony does check on its own - a friend of mine quit in early December and by the end of December his account was deleted. There is also a link inside the RLS to terminate your account once you are no longer eligible.

Sounds great! How many of these quizzes can I take per day?
There is no limit as to how many quizzes you can take in a day. I suggest doing the oldest quizzes first before they are taken down.

How do I get teh good stuff and new games a few days after they come out?
You have to reach Advocate status first, this is how you do it:
Do you visit the RLS monthly, weekly, or even more often to see what's new with PlayStation® and sharpen your selling skills? Then you're a RLS Advocate! Read on to find out more.

Q: What is a RLS Advocate?
A: RLS Advocates are RLS members who have visited the site at least once each month for the last six months. We created this title to recognize our most die-hard members for their commitment to ongoing training.

Q: What are the perks of being a RLS Advocate?
A: We are in the process of creating a set of exclusive benefits for RLS Advocates. Future benefits may include:
  • Exclusive Rewards Catalog items
  • Point Accelerators: Earn up to 10% extra points for each training module you take.
  • Invitations to PlayStation® Home events
  • Invitations to events in your area
Q: How do I know if I have reached RLS Advocate status?
A: You will see the "Advocate" status next to your training stats at the top right of the RLS.

Q: How do I maintain my RLS Advocate status?
A: Just make sure to log in at least once per month to maintain your title.

We have not seen any "Playstation Home Events" or "events in your area" yet.

Whats the best way to communicate with the RLS?
This is up for debate, as sometimes one way works great and the other sucks - other times it is switched and sometimes there is no good way. You can contact them thru the site directly, and they do have a Twitter account:
http://twitter.com/PlayStation_RLS
They do announce when items are put up on the Twitter account, so it would be a good idea to follow them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Sony has these checks built into the RLS program, it should be one that can be discussed on CAG without concern of abuse.

I just saw that they are changing the system myself. Sucks that they are charging $10 per item, but I'm pretty sure 360 has it set up that way and things work well over there, from what I hear. Any chance they'll add anything new between now and the update? I have points, but I'd hate to spend them only to see something new and wonderful pop up and no points left to get it.

Also, I don't check the site very often, but do they have a regular time/day that they update the site with new stuff for order?

thats really cool.

i bet they put up some bigger stuff too, or maybe just more of it, IE dual shcok 3 controllers that stay in stock, etc

have fun RLS members

It's funny how the Microsoft retail site used to be great and the sony one used to be awful and then it did a total flip. Now that MS changed their site it's better but it sure is annoying how you have to "rank up" and crap. I don't mind paying $10 for a product, actually I'll gladly do it if it means things are in stock for once.

The question now is do I want to take a ton of tests before Feb and stock up points or just wait for the new site...hrm.

[quote name='wcraigw']It's funny how the Microsoft retail site used to be great and the sony one used to be awful and then it did a total flip. Now that MS changed their site it's better but it sure is annoying how you have to "rank up" and crap. I don't mind paying $10 for a product, actually I'll gladly do it if it means things are in stock for once.

The question now is do I want to take a ton of tests before Feb and stock up points or just wait for the new site...hrm.[/quote]

I would wait for the new site, I am still a little skeptical that the points will roll over.

I hate the new charge but it is normal for the industry. And getting a game for 1/3 of the price I Can't complain about. Either way, I am gald it can't be abused any more.

And they usually do updates on Thursday, but they didn't yesterday so it really doesn't bode well that they will have any updates.

Did anybody else win the Mortorstorm contest? I got an email with the title "MotorStorm Pacific Rift Grand Prize Winner Notification" and for a second I thought it was the quarterly sweepstakes. I really thought I had won a new PS3 and whatever else they had as the grand prize. Oh well - a free hat is a free hat LOL.

What have you got recently? Singstar Vol 2 just showed up at my door today and in the last few weeks I got 2 Dualshock 3 controllers and SOCOM. I am surprised how quick some of the games have gone up recently like SOCOM an the PSP Secret Agent Clank.

About the change, I have mixed feelings. I loved getting this stuff 100% free, but fully understand the need to charge something for it. I am ok with $10 - its better than saving a few bucks on employee discount. But I will miss the free days. Now they need to have a better selection and much better in-stock levels.

One thing I would love to see is PSN credit and/or games. These should be free (no need for shipping or any processing or any manufacturing costs). For a short time they had PAIN up on the rewards, but for some reason they took that section away. I would love for this to return and be *huge*.

Also I would like to see systems up on the site. Sony does have a generic rewards site up ( http://www.sonyrewards.com/ ) that has systems on it, so why not the RLS? Make it some crazy amount of points but at least have them up. Many retail employees can't swing $400 for a PS3 (plus I would not mind a second PSP or even a second PS3).

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Is the SOCOM the edition with the headset?
I was hesitating ordering it, since I will probably not play the actual game.[/quote]
Yes it is - so it is a great pickup for both the game and the headset. The headset is a good one - kinda large but still god quality.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Is there a list of which stores are a part of this program?[/quote]

yes there is a list but its in like the faq or the rules i cant remember just shift+f when you get to either and search for what place you work at is my suggestion

The PS3 games were just slashed to 3 titles. I have a metric ton of points to use and no games have been added for over a month now.

[quote name='neocisco']The PS3 games were just slashed to 3 titles. I have a metric ton of points to use and no games have been added for over a month now.[/quote]
They had a small update not too long ago - I was able to get Singstar vol2 about 2 weeks ago and a DS3 not too long before that. I would assume they left those games they did leaveup up because they plan on restocking them soon.. just a guess. But if you have lots of points be sure to get that single-sign on so you do not get your points taken.

[quote name='fuss']They had a small update not too long ago - I was able to get Singstar vol2 about 2 weeks ago and a DS3 not too long before that. I would assume they left those games they did leaveup up because they plan on restocking them soon.. just a guess. But if you have lots of points be sure to get that single-sign on so you do not get your points taken.[/quote]

I did.. but I am still skeptical that all my points are going to rollover. I wish I could use them before the new site. :cry:

[quote name='fuss']I wonder how soon the CC employees will be removed from the program.[/quote]

SSSSHHHHH. I don't mind being prevented from earning anymore points but it would an ass move to not be allowed to use my remaining points, especially since they've pulled nearly everything from the site and most likely won't be adding anything until 2.0 starts.

Well, they did it. They shut down all CC accounts. I had over 13K points left with nothing to get for more than 2 months. I guess the L in RLS is just a one way street. Sony can suck it.

[quote name='neocisco']Well, they did it. They shut down all CC accounts. I had over 13K points left with nothing to get for more than 2 months. I guess the L in RLS is just a one way street. Sony can suck it.[/quote]
Ouch! I was thinkng they would have waited for the stores to shut down. I know CC no longer owns CC, but still. Sorry to hear that man

[quote name='neocisco']Well, they did it. They shut down all CC accounts. I had over 13K points left with nothing to get for more than 2 months. I guess the L in RLS is just a one way street. Sony can suck it.[/quote]

dude thats terrible..... I would however wouldn't have sat on 12k knowing this could happen.... the new site better have new items....., I wish they would post what the items were gonna be... cause if it's just the same stuff and we have to pay $10 now then I'm gonna be pissed off...:bomb:

[quote name='vgmben']dude thats terrible..... I would however wouldn't have sat on 12k knowing this could happen.... the new site better have new items....., I wish they would post what the items were gonna be... cause if it's just the same stuff and we have to pay $10 now then I'm gonna be pissed off...:bomb:[/quote]

I think they're holding off on putting anything new up until after the change. So i'm sure on day 1 or 2 of the change you'll see a bunch of new items up for grabs.

well if they are gonna charge $10 starting feb 1st(tomarrow) with the new catalog, I would believe it would have new stuff in it..... otherwise..I'm gonnna be pissed....

From an email from the RLS:

The RLS has just launched four NEW Special Feature promotions, including 8 new modules. Earn 100 points per module - plus one entry into a sweepstakes per game title once all the modules have been completed. 100 winners per game title, equals 400 winners in all!
Winners will receive one of four qualifying games, and the titles are:

Killzone®2 for the PLAYSTATION®3 system (3 modules)

MLB® 09 The Show™ for the PLAYSTATION®3 system (2 modules)

Resistance: Retribution™ for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system (2 modules)

LocoRoco™2 for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system (1 module)

Just a reminder the "new" RLS is set to launch on Wed. Who knows if it will be packed with games or not - but its worth a look.

Something new I noticed when I logged in today there is a new box that says:
YOUR EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION IS SET TO
EXPIRE IN (number) DAYS
For more details and to verify your employment, click here
Great to see that they not only check you before you get anything, but makes you re-confirm.

Also - if anybody here works at Best Buy shoot me a PM.

does anyone know the approved retailers? I work part time for apple, we sell sony products. Would I be able to sign up for this?

[quote name='edson13']does anyone know the approved retailers? I work part time for apple, we sell sony products. Would I be able to sign up for this?[/quote]

Apple is not an approved retailer. It is places like Target, Sony Store, Gamestop, Best Buy, etc.

Looks like no re-launch today... or this month. When I log in I get a page that says that they will be back in May 2009. I hate to take anything as real with today being April 1st. but it did say this before:

The RLS will be relaunching in April of 2009
Guess not. :bomb:

Huh, I've never heard of this. I used to work at Best Buy, but not anymore. What with the economy and all. :(

But I just whore myself on the corner of my block nowadays. Surprisingly, I do pretty well. I let people snort coke out of my ass...

Man I was so excited for the new launch of RLS. I go to the site May 1st and nothing. I've since checked it daily with no success. To be fair it is now only the 6th but we've already been delayed long enough. Suppose it's back to Microsoft's Expert Zone.

I just hope they don't do the whole "leveling up" aspect that ExpertZone has.

And it now shows "We will be back in June 2009!"

Come on Sony, I can only keep my retail loyalty up for so long.

According to an email they are re-launching the 2nd of June. They really need to have new games like Killzone up and stocked bigtime. At least the new EA site for BBY employees has been keeping me busy in the downtime. If you work at BBY and want info on the EA site shoot me a PM, I will be happy to refer you ;)

Yea I just got that email too. For anyone who hasn't gotten the email, this is what it said:

"The Retail Loyalty Site is an all inclusive interactive e-training site that recognizes and rewards PlayStation's loyal retail gamers. Belonging to this subculture increases brand loyalty resulting in increased sales of PlayStation products. The RLS program allows you to earn while you learn.
The Retail Loyalty Site team is excited to introduce you to the new RLS site. Check out the new site and you'll get 2,000 bonus points the first time you sign in.
Launch Date: June 2nd, 2009.
www.rls.us.playstation.com
Enhancements include:
In-depth modules that delve deeper into the PlayStation product
Selling tips to customer demographics to increase your sales
"Talk to Us!" polls that allow you to provide immediate feedback on current topics
Software catalog with a deeper inventory
Resource library that gives you access to key components of the product
Current Announcements with up to date game information
Integration with the Single Sign On process with the PlayStation®Network
Auctions – coming soon!
Interactive Flash Courses – coming soon!
We look forward to your feedback on the new site.
If you have any questions, please contact us at:
[email protected] "

I'm interested in seeing what they could possibly be doing with auctions. I can't wait because the rls site is how I got most of my PS3 games, lol.

The new site is up and running. Looks nice - pretty much a flashed out version of the old site. Looks like you have a time limit on the learnings - have not taken one yet but it looks like you do. I do not see the forums they were talking about. The daily quiz is gone and there is nothing in the rewards section. But I did get my 2,000 bonus points for signing in.

If youre taking a quiz and miss one question, you have to retake the entire quiz over again. No longer will they let you just go back through to the ones you missed and be done. Damn.

It's weird, on the old site the store I work for was not part of the program. On the new site it let me sign in and it gave me 2000 points, but it says status:not verified and store: error portal. So I wonder if I can even use the site?

No prizes until July 2009. That sucks, at least when I logged in, my points carried over to the new site and I'm still verified. So I have to wait to drop my 9000+ points.

The auction sounds like it's gonna be awesome. Quarterly auctions for unique items! Now I have to decide if I want to go after all of the games again or try and win these unique items.

Noticed a blurb on there that they plan to reverify all accounts every 6 months. Sounds good to me. Get rid of all the non-eligible people that sneak their way on there. OTOH, it's going to be a pain resubmitting paystubs everytime they want to see if I'm still employed.

Just by going through the training modules, I'm hoping for some of the new game rewards to be Killzone 2, MLB The Show 09, Little Big Planet, and maybe even Infamous.

bread's done
Back