Killzone 2 - $54.99 AC shipped @ Amazon

dallow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT2: Release date delivery has been added as an option! Free for Prime members, $5.98 for regular customers.

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has raised the price on the game to $59.99, with the coupon, it would now be $54.99 shipped.

(credit to Guled)
Coupon: KZ2SAVE5

http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Pl..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233257919&sr=8-1

It's a good game this time (if you hated the first one):

IGN USA: 9.4
Eurogamer: 9/10
IGN UK: 9.4
IGN AU: 9.0
Gamepro 5/5
Gamereactor 10
Meristation: 9.5
Eurogamer.pt 10
Eurogamer.es 10
Gameplayer: 9.5
Empire: 4/5
Vandal 9.6
PSLife (denmark) 9.5
Gamepro (spanish) 10
Inside Gamer (dutch) 9.5
Konsolifin (finnish) 5/5
jeuxvideo.com 17/20
play3-live.com 19/20
Gamereactor (denmark): 9/10 - Second Opinion: 8/10
GamePlay (croatia): 20/20
576Kbyte (hungary): 9.7

Sorry if old. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Great price. Thanks OP.

Amazon Prime has turned out to be a great purchase for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good price, except it is yet another console FPS game. I think I will wait until it hits the $20-30 price point. I don't see what is so special about this game (or any other new FPS game) ... it is the same thing redone for the 1,000th time, literally.

If it had co-op or something else besides just competitive, shoot-em-in-the-face gameplay, it might be interesting, but it seems like it would get incredibly boring after about 5 hours of play, like most FPS games these days.

[quote name='disillusion386']How long is the coupon valid? I hope it doesn't expire until the actual release of the game. Thanks OP![/quote]
No idea but why not put your order in now?

You're not charged until the game ships with Amazon.

I canceled my Amazon preorder, and reordered it with this coupon. Yay! To those waiting for $20 or $30...good luck, you're going to be waiting a long time. A turd like lair is still $60, I can only imagine how long a AAA game like KZ2 is going to remain $60. The $51.99 deal is probably the best you'll see for quite some time. This is Sony afterall...

If you're waiting for a high-profile Sony published PS3 game to drop down in price, then good luck to you in having the patience to endure the wait.

Nice deal! I'd be all over it if it wasn't for the GS exclusive demo next week... and maybe there's a chance my store will do a midnight launch (small chance).

Awesome. Thanks op. I've been putting off pre-ordering because I was hoping someone would offer some better freebies, but this seals it for me. And don't hate; I liked the first game.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']Awesome. Thanks op. I've been putting off pre-ordering because I was hoping someone would offer some better freebies, but this seals it for me. And don't hate; I liked the first game.[/quote]Updated the OP. ;)

Sure it is another FPS. However, if it is supposed to be better than 90% of other FPSs, I'm IN. Also I love to find out how it holds up against massive hype surroundig this game. Ordered one. Thanks,

thx preordered. ugh so many games, so little work. been job hunting for a year after getting my degree =(*. guess ill have to go to retail to survive the games coming these months. killzone 2, sfiv, re4, devil summoner. UGH

[quote name='j0ey0ey']i dont think it will hit 30-40 for a really long time[/quote]

Just like Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank, and Heavenly Sword. Pretty much anything that's been published by Sony.

$42 thanks those those $10 vouchers they sent with a number of the October/November Preorders. I just wish they didn't sit on their Super Saver preorders for DAYS (if not a week) before they actually shipped them. I guess that purposeful delay is the only way they can peddle that Prime service.

Just got the eamil and ordered. With the coupon and the price to start, I paid the 1 day shipping, hopefully maybe they'll ship it Thurs in time to get it that Friday.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Pretty sweet, still not certain whether I want to get it or not (thinking no due to the lack of co-op).[/quote]
isnt online co-op being patched in at a later date?

[quote name='sca2511']isnt online co-op being patched in at a later date?[/quote]The devs have implied that, yes.
No 100% confirmation though.

It'd be nice.

[quote name='Foo228']Nice launch price.

Personally, I can wait until it hits $30-$40.[/quote]

You'll be waiting a while cause Sony is in the unfortunate position of milking the price of all the 1st party franchises so as to stop the bleeding of the PlayStation division.

[quote name='nightmare452']THANKS!! Had to cancel my preorder and do a new one, but saved 5 bucks.[/quote]

Yup I had to do the same. When I created the new order it said I had created a duplicate order even though I canceled the first one. All is good cause i'm getting the game for $52. :applause:

Amazon.com has quickly replaced my GameStop new game purchases.

[quote name='Rodster']Yup I had to do the same. When I created the new order it said I had created a duplicate order even though I canceled the first one. All is good cause i'm getting the game for $52. :applause:

Amazon.com has quickly replaced my GameStop new game purchases.[/quote]

Yeap, with amazon now, I might never buy a new game at Gamestop again (used are a different story since you can get some cheap with coupons), but this deal is sweet.

[quote name='Rodster']You'll be waiting a while cause Sony is in the unfortunate position of milking the price of all the 1st party franchises so as to stop the bleeding of the PlayStation division.[/quote]
Then why does Nintendo do it? ;)

But yeah, I doubt this will get an official drop any time soon.
There may be a better deal down the line of course, but msrp will remain.

Unfortunately, it did not let me apply the coupon to my pre-order from a few weeks ago. I had to cancel it and re-order the game. Thanks for the coupon! I'm saving quite a bit.

[quote name='dallow']Then why does Nintendo do it? ;)

But yeah, I doubt this will get an official drop any time soon.
There may be a better deal down the line of course, but msrp will remain.[/quote]

lol Nintendo does it because they can. People will buy full price for games anyway because of every new Wii that becomes available and immediately sold.

Agreed, this is probably the cheapest we'll find Killzone for a while.

Nice, if I didn't have all this credit at GS, I'd order from here. At least I get the demo early, although no MP in the demo kinda sucks.

Thanks for the coupon.
Can I use it, with my 10 dollar off code that I got from my Resistance 2 preorder?

bread's done
Back