Big Bang Theory DVD $15.99 at Target B&M

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Just like Chuck, season 1 of the Big Bang Theory is $15.99 on a temporary price drop at Target B&M locations. This, like Chuck, ends Sunday so if you want this at a price cheaper than Amazon, go now!

Great Series
Great Price!!
Run... RUN NOW AND GET IT! (I already have it)
This is currently one my favorite shows on TV. (God, how I love Geek Humor)

I love this show, just hate the laugh track. I wish they'd start having the option to turn it off lol. probably never happen but would be nice. I might pick this up.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I love this show, just hate the laugh track. I wish they'd start having the option to turn it off lol. probably never happen but would be nice. I might pick this up.[/quote]

Laugh track and "filmed before a live audience" are two completely different things.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kerig']Laugh track and "filmed before a live audience" are two completely different things.[/quote]

Not really, just because there's a live audience doesn't mean that the production company can't dub a laugh track over the episode.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I love this show, just hate the laugh track. I wish they'd start having the option to turn it off lol. probably never happen but would be nice. I might pick this up.[/quote]

That feature is one of the greatest things about the M*A*S*H sets, the show is so much better without the canned laughter. I too, wish all sitcoms would start offering this.

Even if it is in front of a live studio audience then most likely they could get rid of the laughs. I've been to a sitcom before and they had mics connected to the seats so I'm pretty sure they still put it on post unless someone was really loud. Not positive all of them do it this way though.

Was the first season of the show shot in HD is there a possibility of a Blu-Ray release? I'd personally wait for the Blu-Ray if there was any indication that it's coming.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Was the first season of the show shot in HD is there a possibility of a Blu-Ray release? I'd personally wait for the Blu-Ray if there was any indication that it's coming.[/quote]

My exact thought when I saw the DVD but there's no listing with a release date for a BR version on Amazon so I bit. A Google search shows a bunch of people asking, but no one knows if it will ever be on Blu-Ray, while Chuck's BR release was confirmed to be out a few months after it hit DVD.

Very few, if any, CBS shows are on Blu-Ray. I can't think of any at all, surprising since CSI would be a phenominal BR.

[quote name='MSUHitman']My exact thought when I saw the DVD but there's no listing with a release date for a BR version on Amazon so I bit. A Google search shows a bunch of people asking, but no one knows if it will ever be on Blu-Ray, while Chuck's BR release was confirmed to be out a few months after it hit DVD.

Very few, if any, CBS shows are on Blu-Ray. I can't think of any at all, surprising since CSI would be a phenominal BR.[/quote]I don't know why CBS is so glacially slow about putting shows out on DVD. Fox seems to be the only one clued in on it, as NBC and ABC are barely dropping any of them out the door on BR.

I've seen Big Bang in both SD and HD and it looks quite better in HD. Wish it was on BR, as I'd have picked that up. I picked it up on DVD from Amazon.com @ $16.99 shipped w/o tax, so I'm good with this deal already.

It should be a good blind buy for people.

bread's done
Back