Rapid Fire Controllers, LED mods, and more 10% off @ customgamingworld.com

THPS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
URL: http://www.customgamingworld.com

Hey,

I am the owner of this new site and would like to start by offering a coupon code for CAGers for 10% off any purchase. During checkout, use the code CAG10.

I am a platinum powerseller on eBay for 10 years now and have sold thousands of modded controllers and other items. Each item is backed by a one year warranty and is guaranteed to be much better than the cheap controllers you get on eBay, most of which are DOA and do not work properly. My controllers have been perfected and work with COD5, Halo 3, and many more.

With each controller you have LED options as well as "blackout" options.

Here are links to some of the most popular items:

Blacked out w/ White LEDs ($98.99 AC)

Yellow ($107.99 AC)

I know my site is in need of a lot of work, I am currently getting someone to redesign it, but for now it is doing its job.

NOTE: I already got CheapyD's permission before posting this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one question, why do all you guys charge so much? I remember console modding on the PS2 was dirt cheap for someone to install a chip and the actual mod chip itself was no more than 40 to 60 depends on the website. I know its not expensive for the the chip and LEDs. Sorry for jacking your thread just wanted to ask you a question.

woah woah 10% off
Yellow Xbox 360 3-mode Rapid Fire Controller
$119.99

WTF?!

It's like saying " I made this pair of jeans for $5, and I say the retail is $100. Then give you 75% off retail. I'd still be making 5 times what I paid to make the jeans. A controller is about $32(lowest I've seen on buy.com) how in the hell is it worth it to pay $120 for a modded controller? It's not like my previous similie made any sense, b/c you're only offering 10% off. A tremendous jip if you ask me.

It is not so much the cost but the labor factor as well. Controllers cost $35-40, plus you factor in materials such as the chips, LEDs, dye and other materials needed figure maybe $15 in that per controller you're already at about $50. The whole process requires dissasembly, soldering wires to the chip, soldering the chip to the PCB, dying the shells which I do at a studio, LED installs, reassembly, testing, shipping. If it is sold on eBay factor in about $15 in fees, and then whatever is left take away 1/3 for income tax. Doesn't leave you with too much I would say.

On top of that there is the extensive programming of the chip. Sure you can buy cheap controllers on eBay but many of those are used, and have poorly programmed chips which do not even work properly. My controllers work exceptionally well with COD5 which has the patch for rapid fire, my controllers shoot at the fastest possible speed without being detected, this took extensive testing to be able to do so.

Yes I understand, it is a lot. And with your jean analogy, people will pay hundreds for jeans even though they are cheap to produce, however you pay for the quality. I personally pay $300+ for my jeans, which I know did not cost nearly that much to produce, however I know that they will last me longer than cheaper jeans and they will feel better than cheaper jeans. It is all about quality. If people weren't willing to pay that price, modded controllers and jeans wouldn't be that much since obviously none would sell.

It's a service this guy is providing. He has the expertise. If you had his ability and the desire to own one, you could do it yourself. You are paying for the service. He values his time, as do many. If you want the service, you pay. If not, move along.

Still nonetheless, I see how it could take you a while to get past the updates and patches, but what's to keep MS from out doing you in a month or two? IT's an expensive and tedious process to do this I know, still call me old fashioned, but I get satisfaction out of killing someone with my own skill.

BTW "modded controllers and jeans" what type of mods do you have on your jeans? do they do a laser show or something?

Dude is trying to make a living. I can see people charging this amount for modding for the simple fact that you dont see this job being offered anymore. Back in the days of PS1 & PS2 days there were so many mom and pop stores that offered this service but those days are over your major retail outlets are the main source for your gaming needs. See how many of those do any modding...

These tough ecomonic times the dude is trying real hard to start a business so back the fuck up and leave him be.

You ever heard of that saying. "If you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all."

Yeah I like to see some of these people start any business and see how far they can go.

I can't believe CheapyD even allowed this guy to post this.

I hate cheaters, and expensive items.

You are 0/2 sir.

Thanks anyway.

Whoa. I can't believe all the anger in here.

The simple fact is that this shop is offering a premium service. He described his process in this thread, which includes doing all labor by hand. It sounds like he even configured the chip programming himself. He is charging what he feels is a fair price for the labor he puts into this, and people are complaining that he's charging more than the fellow who just popped out a handful of screws and soldered a few wires together?

If you really feel that this fellow is ripping people off, then simply direct people to another shop that offers the same service at the same quality. Can't find one? Well, that means his service is even more premium. You don't think the service is premium enough to justify the cost? Well then, it's an old adage that gets overused a lot, but if the service is nothing special then why not setup shop yourself? Can't be bothered to start a business? I guess you won't buy from this fellow, but that still does not make it OK to post hate on this fellow without offering alternatives showing why the high price is unjustified!

I'll never understand why anyone would want lights in a controller. It's ridiculously distracting in the dark.

Also, cheaters suck.

I can certainly understand CAGs not being interested in paying a premium for such a service, but there is no need to get all pissy at the dude. He provides a service most people can't do themselves or don't want to risk doing.

Hey thanks, a coworker of mine was just asking about these the other day. He just placed an order with the coupon. Appreciate it!

[quote name='THPS']dying the shells which I do at a studio[/quote]

I just caught this. You actually can recolor the controller shells? How much would you charge for a custom dye job on an existing controller?

Yea my hubby mods for free.. you just gotta pay for the shipping return for your item. which is about $40 because we only ship with a tracking number. He'll do the LEDs for an additional 10 (they are a pain in the rear). But anyhoo.. he does it as a hobby, right now he's building a controller thats optic sensitive, no thumbsticks, just roll your finger across.. fancy fancy lol and he's also did the tilt board mod. (like the sixaxis PS3 controllers)

He recently re-modded a controller a friend of his bought online from evil mods for $100!! that piece of junk apprently was wired to a constant power source in which when the controller was off that sucker was still drawing power from the batteries.. eventually burning the cheap mod out, BUT my hubby managed to to fix it for the guy.

Also, dunno what kinda rapid fire those are above but my hubby does 4-Mode rapid fire which works for codwaw also(most modders dont include that) and his works on the Trigger like normal, no ghey buttons on the bottom to hold like the ghetto mods out there.

..we should make a freakin website LOL

Thank you to everyone who is offering support. Consider professions such as mechanics, plumbers, ect. They offer a specialized service and charge a substantial amount for that service because quite frankly many of us cannot perform those services ourselves. Modding controllers took me quite some time to master before I was comfortable with selling them.

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']You don't happen to do Dualshock 3 in a 360 controller case mods do you?[/quote]

I have not attempted it but would assume it could be possible although quite difficult. If I figure anything out I will let you know.

[quote name='kawikabot']Hey thanks, a coworker of mine was just asking about these the other day. He just placed an order with the coupon. Appreciate it![/quote]

Thank you for the order, I am getting it ready right now :)

[quote name='bubo']I just caught this. You actually can recolor the controller shells? How much would you charge for a custom dye job on an existing controller?[/quote]

Yes, I use a vinyl dye and can do yellow, blue, black, red, and combinations of those colors. The controllers do not feel sticky like it would if you used spray paint and the dye does not come off. Personally I have used a dyed controller for a few months and it still feels great and hasn't come off. If a controller is used I would not want to dye it since it would not adhere well due to oils from use, but I do have extra shells already dyed. I can sell you a dyed shell with a torx screwdriver as a do-it-yourself kit for $20 shipped or if you would like to send in a controller I can do it for $25 shipped.

I offer a service where people send it in for $49. Shipping via insured usps priority mail w/ delivery conf shouldn't cost more than $7 or so. And I do LEDs for $5, so if you use the CAG10 code it turns out to be $44.99 with LEDs compared to your $50, so you really aren't offering too much of a deal there with the "free" modding.

I do know what you mean though how people sell poorly crafted mods. Mine are 3 modes (fast slow burst) with a mode for COD5 and non-COD5 games so 6 speeds in all. To deal with the power draining if you are using an old PCB board you need to install a transmitter to turn off the chip when the controller is off, the controller from evil mods probably did not have them installed.

And mine work with the sync button, no added buttons to the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is this? cheapasscherry.com? all this whining, stop flaming the guy, he is putting the controller, labor, parts, plus the yahoo store fees. You guys had skills to build something like this I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be selling at cost, its called capitalism. If paying $120 for a remote doesn't interest you it's fine but don't put the guy down for trying to sell his stuff.

Edit: hey could you dye something like the plastic shell on an arcade stick?

[quote name='anubis20']what is this? cheapasscherry.com? all this whining, stop flaming the guy, he is putting the controller, labor, parts, plus the yahoo store fees. You guys had skills to build something like this I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be selling at cost, its called capitalism. If paying $120 for a remote doesn't interest you it's fine but don't put the guy down for trying to sell his stuff.[/quote]

As much as I love CAG, this seems to happen everytime a small company posts something on here. People are forever crying about GameDealDaily's shipping, for instance. Is it a little high? Indeed. But I'm not gonna ream the guy for charging a $1 more to ship a game. Sorry. These small outfits cannot afford to take hits on things. They aren't Amazon or Newegg.

[quote name='THPS']Thank you to everyone who is offering support. Consider professions such as mechanics, plumbers, ect. They offer a specialized service and charge a substantial amount for that service because quite frankly many of us cannot perform those services ourselves. Modding controllers took me quite some time to master before I was comfortable with selling them.

I have not attempted it but would assume it could be possible although quite difficult. If I figure anything out I will let you know.

Thank you for the order, I am getting it ready right now :)

Yes, I use a vinyl dye and can do yellow, blue, black, red, and combinations of those colors. The controllers do not feel sticky like it would if you used spray paint and the dye does not come off. Personally I have used a dyed controller for a few months and it still feels great and hasn't come off. If a controller is used I would not want to dye it since it would not adhere well due to oils from use, but I do have extra shells already dyed. I can sell you a dyed shell with a torx screwdriver as a do-it-yourself kit for $20 shipped or if you would like to send in a controller I can do it for $25 shipped.

$40 shipping? I offer a service where people send it in for $49. Shipping via insured usps priority mail w/ delivery conf shouldn't cost more than $7 or so. And I do LEDs for $5, so if you use the CAG10 code it turns out to be $44.99 with LEDs compared to your $50, so you really aren't offering too much of a deal there with the "free" modding.

I do know what you mean though how people sell poorly crafted mods. Mine are 3 modes (fast slow burst) with a mode for COD5 and non-COD5 games so 6 speeds in all. To deal with the power draining if you are using an old PCB board you need to install a transmitter to turn off the chip when the controller is off, the controller from evil mods probably did not have them installed.

And mine work with the sync button, no added buttons to the back.[/quote]

Yea the 40 was a round about, I dunno how much shipping with a tracking number is for localized stuff, he's only done it for his xbl buddies which most are out of the country(ireland) and it costs exactly 40.10 to mail things with tracking there(global express priority mail also). It probably is cheaper mailing from us to us, but I cant tell ya.. this isnt a business for profit, solely for hobby.. Im not saying mail us your controllers, Im just saying do a lil research, if youve got steady hands my husband will teach you how to mod and give you the code for 4 MODE rapid fire.

Im not hating on your site Im just saying theres other options now.. why buy 3 mode when you can get 4? Everyone here has a brain, they can figure it out on their own where to put their money, if its with you, great.. happy modding. I myself might purchase some case modding from you, I always wanted a HOT PINK controller, my hubby just doesnt do artwork.

[quote name='Tracey']Yea my hubby mods for free.. you just gotta pay for the shipping return for your item. which is about $40 because we only ship with a tracking number. He'll do the LEDs for an additional 10 (they are a pain in the rear). But anyhoo.. he does it as a hobby, right now he's building a controller thats optic sensitive, no thumbsticks, just roll your finger across.. fancy fancy lol and he's also did the tilt board mod. (like the sixaxis PS3 controllers)

He recently re-modded a controller a friend of his bought online from evil mods for $100!! that piece of junk apprently was wired to a constant power source in which when the controller was off that sucker was still drawing power from the batteries.. eventually burning the cheap mod out, BUT my hubby managed to to fix it for the guy.

Also, dunno what kinda rapid fire those are above but my hubby does 4-Mode rapid fire which works for codwaw also(most modders dont include that) and his works on the Trigger like normal, no ghey buttons on the bottom to hold like the ghetto mods out there.

..we should make a freakin website LOL[/quote]

Completely unecessary comments.... This guy is trying to sell something you can't buy. Trying to make $$$ like the rest of us CAGs. If your "hubby" is so good make your own website and create your own thread. Don't crap on others because you think your "hubby" is the shit. Geez:roll:

On a more positive note, I may check this out later to see what you offer. Good luck, wish I had the skills or patience to this type of stuff.

[quote name='anubis20']what is this? cheapasscherry.com? all this whining, stop flaming the guy, he is putting the controller, labor, parts, plus the yahoo store fees. You guys had skills to build something like this I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be selling at cost, its called capitalism. If paying $120 for a remote doesn't interest you it's fine but don't put the guy down for trying to sell his stuff.

Edit: hey could you dye something like the plastic shell on an arcade stick?[/QUOTE]

Yes I can dye an arcade stick.

[quote name='blucadet3']I might be interested in a modded d pad...and by modded I mean functional![/QUOTE]

The new XCM shells have improved D-Pads. I believe I have one laying around somewhere.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Completely unecessary comments.... This guy is trying to sell something you can't buy. Trying to make $$$ like the rest of us CAGs. If your "hubby" is so good make your own website and create your own thread. Don't crap on others because you think your "hubby" is the shit. Geez:roll:

On a more positive note, I may check this out later to see what you offer. Good luck, wish I had the skills or patience to this type of stuff.[/quote]

I dont think hes the shit... he's more of a pain in the butt! lol I wasnt crapping on the guy, I was just putting some info out that theres 4-mode now.. I'm sure someone will appreciate the info is all.

This is the internet, if you post ANYTHING dont be shocked by a negative/unwanted reply. Just get over it.

dude for 10 dollars i could rapid fire my own controller lulz do you understand this site at all its called cheap ass gamer

Technically mine is a 6 mode (3 speeds for COD5 mode, 3 speeds for non-COD5 mode. It isn't difficult to add modes, just a matter of what is practical.

[quote name='killer9']dude for 10 dollars i could rapid fire my own controller lulz do you understand this site at all its called cheap ass gamer[/QUOTE]

same cheap ass gamers who didn't think twice about spending $150 on the TE arcade stick, some of them even bought 2

[quote name='THPS']Technically mine is a 6 mode (3 speeds for COD5 mode, 3 speeds for non-COD5 mode. It isn't difficult to add modes, just a matter of what is practical.[/quote]

Of course, I know how they work. Glad you put it out there for those who dont fully understand the stuff.

..I take it no Hot Pink shell for me, you didnt reply to that lol

oh yea, your not affiliated with llamma.com are you? (wondering because of the avatar)

First off don't pay this joker to dye your controller shells. You can get vinyl dye at autozone for roughly $6 and do it yourself. The whole process takes less than an hour, is fun to do, and safe. You have to be a complete idiot to mess up your controller. I barely know anything about electronics and I was able to get by just fine.

Now onto reasons why everyone is flaming this guy

1. Overpriced items, I don't care what defense you guys put up it's overpriced for something that microsoft could easily find out and ban soon enough.
2. He's contributing to online cheating which is not cool.
3. He has an annoying voice on his youtube videos (okay so maybe this isn't relavent)
4. The blue splatter controller looks like ass. Maybe you should stick to the solid colors, you're certainly no artist.
5. He pays $300+ for jeans, I mean come on really? You guys talk about about supprting the little guys but if this douche is going out there spending that much money on clothes is he really any different than any of the corporate fat cats?

Cheappy I really can't believe you approved this.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']As much as I love CAG, this seems to happen everytime a small company posts something on here. People are forever crying about GameDealDaily's shipping, for instance. Is it a little high? Indeed. But I'm not gonna ream the guy for charging a $1 more to ship a game. Sorry. These small outfits cannot afford to take hits on things. They aren't Amazon or Newegg.[/quote]

people even complain about prices on gameroomdeals.com and that site is ridiculously low...

[quote name='exileinoblivion']3. He has an annoying voice on his youtube videos (okay so maybe this isn't relavent)[/quote]

Great point. I just tossed my 360 out the window and uninstalled XP from my computer, all because Bill Gates is a goofy-looking nerd.

4. The blue splatter controller looks like ass. Maybe you should stick to the solid colors, you're certainly no artist.
Looks ok to me. No need to mock the guy, even if you don't like the design.

5. He pays $300+ for jeans, I mean come on really? You guys talk about about supprting the little guys but if this douche is going out there spending that much money on clothes is he really any different than any of the corporate fat cats?
Kind of hard to compare corporate executives who are worth millions to a guy who likes to splurge on clothes.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']First off don't pay this joker to dye your controller shells. You can get vinyl dye at autozone for roughly $6 and do it yourself. The whole process takes less than an hour, is fun to do, and safe. You have to be a complete idiot to mess up your controller. I barely know anything about electronics and I was able to get by just fine.

1. Overpriced items, I don't care what defense you guys put up it's overpriced for something that microsoft could easily find out and ban soon enough.
3. He has an annoying voice on his youtube videos (okay so maybe this isn't relavent)

Cheappy I really can't believe you approved this.[/quote]

"Dude" This is all personal opinion whether the guy spends 300 on jeans or 300 on a game system makes no difference.

Rapid fire controllers have been around since the Atari 2600 days so it isnt cheating when you have companies like Madcatz making them and you have stores selling them openly like BestBuy.

What he does to earn a living is his own prerogative now whether you feel he is charging to much then you know what then dont support it. Thats it. Coming up with all those reasons can be applied to any store out there so dude come on...Boo Why You Hatin?

[quote name='Hestar']Modded controllers,ohh joy,that's all xbox live needs is more cheaters,pass.[/quote]

Serious. This reminds me of the time a guy on GTA IV thought I was cheating (using a rapid fire controller) because I killed him once. FFS. (BTW my kill ratio was under 1 LOL)

Instead of putting add to cart, its says "Submit Query" am I buying it or asking a question... Anyway, 110+ for a controller that might break is too much of a chance.

A new controller is only 43.99 on Amazon. That's 67 for the rapid fire 20 for A B X Y to be lit and 5 for something else called blackout. I'm in the wrong business.

I would also be interested in a modded DS3 but be aware there are ongoing issues with the left stick...

Good luck in this endeavor and I applaud you providing a cost break down ... so many here do not understand all the underlying fees/costs.

Wow. Soldering mod on a small pcb from a controller. I hate soldering, and I was barely able to solder two wires on an Xbox 360 board to add power to fans.

Yes I do PS3 rapid fire (R1). I can also do PS3 analog sticks on 360 controllers

Yes I spend a lot of money on clothes. Since when is it a crime to look good? They are comfortable, and it gets me a lot of compliments from girls. I once dated a girl who was obsessed with my jeans and she told me that when she saw me for the first time she noticed how well I was dressed and it helped her become attracted to me.

Don't like what I am selling? Then why even click on the thread and waste time posting? If you can mod yourself then go ahead and do it. Give yourself a pat on the back because a lot of people I know don't know how to program a microcontroller and solder well enough to do this on their own.

I've sold thousands on eBay for substantially more than I am offering here, I just thought I'd give back a little to CAG by offering a bit of a discount. I've been on here for 6 years now, I am offering 10% off which is $10-15 depending on what you order.

I think the prices are a little steep myself. And I don't mean comparatively; by that standard, it might be a good deal. It just seems absurd to pay +$100 for a controller. Still, the coloring of existing controllers is cool and I can appreciate your desire to give back to the community.

I do, however, take issue with the offering of rapid fire modding services on this site. Cheaters suck, and in your own posts you mentioned modding it in a way that MS cannot detect. That is low, and as a gaming community, I think most of us loathe cheaters and hackers. I'm also surprised that Cheapy okayed that particular service for sale on CAG. Please consider taking that portion of your services down from your posts here on CAG; we like to keep it honest.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']First off don't pay this joker to dye your controller shells. You can get vinyl dye at autozone for roughly $6 and do it yourself. The whole process takes less than an hour, is fun to do, and safe. You have to be a complete idiot to mess up your controller. I barely know anything about electronics and I was able to get by just fine.

Cheappy I really can't believe you approved this.[/quote]

Since when was it your job to become a critic and judge the likes of other people? I don't care if you like or dislike his product, you're entitled to your own opinion as a consumer whether it's worth your money or not, but how dare you personally call out and attack a CAG user when he has done nothing but put his cards out on the table. It's not like he's forcing you to buy anything.

1) Is what he's selling overpriced? To me, yes. But to his customers, obviously not because they are willing to pay. Basic economics, you might want to go back a few years if you're having trouble understanding this. He's offering not only a product, but a service along with it as well. Not to mention he's doing his business in America, where everything is expensive nowadays. Go ahead and take off the battery cover on your controller and tell me where it's made. If everything was manufactured here, you wouldn't be complaining about the price now would you? No, because Microsoft would be charging the same premium as he would for just a REGULAR controller. Now, if he was doing this in say China, for $0.50 USD, you also wouldn't be complaining either would you? Try working that out on your own, get back to me when it makes sense.

2) I'm not even gonna go into this. Shimrra already shut out your argument on this one.

3) You're ugly. (okay, so maybe this isn't relevant)

4) You smell like ass. Maybe you should put on deodorant, or better yet take a shower; you're certainly no ladies-man.

5) He pays $300 for jeans and you pay $300 for a xbox 360, yet you're insulting the man based on YOUR OWN PERSPECTIVE of the product's worth. You can condense this argument down as much as you can; he's paying $300 for some fabric and you're paying $300 for some scrap metal and plastic. So what's the real difference here? HOW MUCH IT'S WORTH TO THE CONSUMER THAT BUYS IT. There are families out there that barely make a living off of minimum wage, watching people like us buy 360s left and right, so how are we any different from the corporate fat cats IN THEIR EYES?

Seriously, you gotta stop thinking the world sees everything from your point of view. You judge someone based off of their material worth and you automatically assume he's some well-off snob that's trying to rip you off, when you don't even take the time to wonder if maybe he's actually struggling during these economic times.

I apologize for calling you ugly or smelly, but I won't delete my statements. I write based on how I feel at the time.

bread's done
Back