Persona 4 Doublejump guides - $9.99 - EB/GS

If they have trouble finding it in store, mention to them that it's a smaller-sized guide - not normal magazine size.

Crap. I was just in GS earlier tonight, wish I'd seen this thread first because I've been wanting to pick this up. Guess I'm going back this weekend.

I bought this guide on release for full price. I just want to say that it's a fantastic guide for getting most of your first play through. There are a few mistakes here and there, especially with the schedule/calendar at some parts, but overall, it's dead on.

Worth every last cent. Love DJ guides and I recommend them wholeheartedly. Unlike Prima or Brady they've proven they actually give a crap about the quality and accuracy of their guides. This one is not exception.

Was JUST there... I might have to wait until Game Days until I head back, but if they still have some I'm definitely gonna pick a one or two.

Still have my P3 OSG which is now worth 60 on eBay :)

I've never played a Persona game--is it one of those games like Pokemon where u really need a guide to get thru it? or can I stumble along and still enjoy myself without have an anyeurism (sp).?

[quote name='yuy104']thanks OP, this was actually mentioned on the Reduced Game Guide thread on Wednesday I believe.[/QUOTE]

okay, cool. Definitely a good enough deal for its own thread, since a lot of folks don't read that thread and DoubleJump guides go OOP and dry up quickly after getting reduced.

[quote name='ninja dog']not right now[/QUOTE]
AHH! I tricked you! I'm not in the flip group.

But in all seriousness I'm probably going to pick this up. My guide collection is too filled with crappy penny guides, and I need a decent one. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I wouldn't have checked the game guide thread since I normally don't buy these things. But at this price and for a game that'll probably make me run back and forth from my computer to look up an FAQ, it's probably worth it.

They didn't have them out at the store I went to; the manager had to go grab one from the back.

[quote name='ninja dog']not right now[/quote]
Might wanna pick one up right now if you wanna sell it later, Persona 3 guides are going for 30-35 on ebay.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Might wanna pick one up right now if you wanna sell it later, Persona 3 guides are going for 30-35 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

it was going for $60 but the price has gone back down

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Might wanna pick one up right now if you wanna sell it later, Persona 3 guides are going for 30-35 on ebay.[/quote]

no idea why. they are essentially useless after FES

Wooo! I'm off tomorrow to GS to see if they have any. I actually haven't played P4 in quite a while, I've only gone through about 2 hours until I kind of, well, stopped...no reason why, just did.

Thanks OP

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Can these be flipped, For, you know, profit?[/quote]

Noy yet, at least. DoubleJump tends to print few guides for games, although P4 was fairly popular. SMT Nocturne was a DJ guide and it's very hard to find!

Gah, never knew a person had to be over 17 to buy a guide. Last copy at my store as well, so I'll probably have to drag my parents with me to get it.

EDIT: Went back and picked it up. My parent came along and it took a good minute or two for them to confirm it was okay with her. All went well though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ichigo1993']Gah, never knew a person had to be over 17 to buy a guide. Last copy at my store as well, so I'll probably have to drag my parents with me to get it.[/quote]

What is that crap? You gotta be 17 and up to purchase a strategy guide for a M-rated game. That's some horse crap. I remembered 2 weeks ago when a cashier asked me for my I.D. for a RE5 guide at Best Buy. I was like, "For real?"

Anyway, it's a damn shame. Treating a strategy guide like a M-rated game. What a world.

Picked one up since I was at the mall. Worth it for use or selling later, one way or the other. No Tales Wii guide though. :(

Speaking of DJ guides, the Mana Khemia one isn't showing on their site so I can't search locally for it. Is it still at $20? I also tried to find a sku or product ID to look in a cached page but couldn't turn up anything with my googlefu.

Hooray, got the last one at my local store. Thanks for the heads up Ninja Dog and the usual suspects in the GS pricedrop thread.

bread's done
Back