Worms: THE THREAD - Worms 2: Armageddon out now

metaly

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
worm.png

There was no official thread for this... until now!

Post if you want to partake in some annelid-on-annelid violence!

Worms

Combatants (PSN IDs)
chodax
darkleaper
DD83
freakyzeeky
jamezuva
metaly
ProfessorBeef
ShinChibiJosh
SmogItUp
x3x1x

Map Codes
528115441.jpg

003631779.jpg

Worms 2: Armageddon

(coming soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bornrunnin31']I've got worms.[/quote]

Yeah, I saw you playing it as I was powering down my PS3... We should play sometime. ;)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']LOL, the online is hella fun! :lol:
I'm still wondering how in the hell I lost two of my worms in that last game. :dunce:[/quote]

Ha, I have no idea either... I wasn't even watching that spot, and suddenly they just flew off the map or something. :lol: That sort of stuff is the best part of Worms, though.

Smog and I just blew each other up for a while. We need to get some 4P games going this weekend. The online has open mic, too.

[quote name='metaly']
Smog and I just blew each other up for a while. We need to get some 4P games going this weekend. The online has open mic, too.[/quote]

I was wondering if it had open mic support, I wasn't sure but I'm glad to hear that it does. :)
I had my mic on, but I don't know if you heard me or not.

this game is horrible compared to REAL worms. I bought it, but I'm rather feeling dissapointed about the purchase.

aside from the Holy Hand Grenade, is there a significant difference between this and the XBLA version? Are the challenges different?

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I was wondering if it had open mic support, I wasn't sure but I'm glad to hear that it does. :)
I had my mic on, but I don't know if you heard me or not.[/quote]

I didn't have my headset on at that point so I guess it won't play any voice chat out of the speakers.

[quote name='Breakpoint']I have never played this game, does it have lasting appeal to keep playing?[/quote]

If you have people to play with, it won't get old for a very long time. I haven't looked at much of the game settings yet but there's usually a ton of stuff you can modify to keep things from getting stale.

I'm gonna make Smog do bazookas only at some point. :lol:

I'm down... Should be around in the afternoon.

So far I think all I really miss from Worms World Party is all the fire... no more fire from the exploding barrels, and no napalm strike. Jackhammer is gone too but that's not as glaring.

This game is a mess and it needs Team 17 patching. But I'm up for the game. Anyone want to fight me?

LOL I've been beating superior opponents with great aiming abilities with superior strategy. Excellent.

Some good rounds earlier Paco - you really made me feel like a noob. Alhough, I've honestly never played a Worms. Loved Scorched Earth when I was younger though, and I still think it tops this because of the economy aspects and less movement. I'm not a fan of Paco's ninja-roping all through the level to kill me.

Can anyone explain the different MP modes? I remember one was "BnG" and there were a couple others. What are the differences?

The first few settings just alter stuff like amount of time per turn, game timer, weapon ammo, etc. Then BnG is bazooka & grenades only and Full Wormage I think is unlimited everything.

Also I'm back! Who wants to play?

Those were some seriously epic games, Smog. You've got some pretty dirty moves, ha. The teleport right behind me was classic.

And good games with everyone earlier. 4P Worms needs to be a regular thing. Hopefully they fix the mic stuff soon because it's ridiculous.

Yeah awesome game last night. I had that amazing ninja rope around the edge but not enough time. What a great match. I would say Ranked is the way to go, the games go much faster and there is no ninja roping around the entire map since you only have 30 seconds per turn

[quote name='smiggity']Yeah awesome game last night. I had that amazing ninja rope around the edge but not enough time. What a great match. I would say Ranked is the way to go, the games go much faster and there is no ninja roping around the entire map since you only have 30 seconds per turn[/quote]

Really? NO ninja ropes? I say that's the way to go from now on! fuck ninja ropes

Yeah I think pro mode may be the way to go. With the 30 seconds you're way less mobile. I think you get fewer ropes and no jetpack, too. Plus BASEBALL BAT.

I had high hopes for this game. But I keep hearing bad stuff. Whats your opinion everybody? Buy, Gameshare, or forget about it?

[quote name='Pan1c42']I had high hopes for this game. But I keep hearing bad stuff. Whats your opinion everybody? Buy, Gameshare, or forget about it?[/quote]

People here love it, but any hardcore PC worms player will unfortunately hate it. It's not a bad game, just 90% gimped from the greatness that is worms 2, worms armageddon, and worms world party.

I played Worms 2 and WWP to death and I still love the PSN version. Yeah there is some stuff missing but "90% gimped" is overstatement. Honestly I'm glad that people can't rope around like in that video because matches would turn into roping contests.

I hope they fix the voice chat issues soon, though.

Smog, you missed the epic final battle with freaky and DD shooting bazookas and grenades at each other from across the whole map... in hell! :lol:

That last game in that hell map with DD and I was epic... Any one of us could have won that round, really good games y'all. We MUST play again sometime soon. :D

If there would have be an outline to the power meter I would've had him early on...

And yeah... voice chat needs fixed asap!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='smiggity']lol LAME!!!![/quote]
Don't be mad cause I got some good 'nade kills on you.:cool:
:lol:

We definitely need a B&G game! :whee:

I thought there was limited voice chat. will try tonite. What times do you guys play, and how do you get the Grenade trophy?

There is limited voice chat... We had 4 players (metaly, smog, freaky, and me) and metaly could always be heard, then it would randomly allow smog and freaky to be heard and for about 30 seconds of each round I could be heard.

Why am I the only one who's always on voice?? It's really weird. I don't even have any special ports open for my PS3 anymore. Headset is Bluetooth, connection is wired... not sure if I'm forgetting any details for our scientific analysis.

bread's done
Back