Worms: THE THREAD - Worms 2: Armageddon out now

About their problems with games going out of sync, it seems like they should just be able to send everyone the same random seed at the start of the round and everything would be fine, but what do I know.

Also I'm pretty sure Soulcalibur IV is P2P and that supports multi VOIP without severe connection issues, and that's a game where latency actually matters.

I guess I'm grateful that it's P2P because it means we'll always be able to get a game going as long as PSN is around. Wormnet in WWP was not exactly reliable.

@DD: Yeah, there are tons of better implementations they could have gone with for limited voice chat... They basically picked the least elegant one. Man, I had so much of this covered in my huge rant that got deleted. I need to let my fury build back up so I can rewrite it. :lol:

And yeah, have they never heard of GTA4 online??

images

Good, let the hate flow through you!

Crap - 101 posts!

My mistake. You can use custom loadouts online, just not in ranked games. I think I came up with one which is a good mix of the intermediate and pro settings.

It could be your retreat time is shorter than the dynamite fuse so you get cut off. I think retreat time is 3 seconds on intermediate and pro, and the dynamite goes off in 5?

Always plan your exit strategy ahead of time!

And by the way, I heard there will be some 4P Worms at... some undetermined point in the future.

Yeah metaly is right its shorter than the fuse time so you gotta swing and launch yourself wherever you need to go.

Team17 producer posted on PS forums saying they are going to fix some issues.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']How reliable are your sources? ;););););):lol:

Damn, I need a Worms fix... Haven't played my PS3 in like a week! That's a new record y'all! :shock:[/quote]
As reliable as RR's

And yeah, I noticed you haven't been on PSN in like, 6 days... I thought you were dead or something.

[quote name='mguiddy']

And yeah, I noticed you haven't been on PSN in like, 6 days... I thought you were dead or something.[/quote]

#-o:lol:

Nah, I just took a trip to Palmdale, which is near Los Angeles more or less... Went to pick up a truck and see my extended family for Easter.
I should have brought my PS3 though, aside from it being very boring at my uncle's ranch, which is like in the middle of a deserty area, my cousins have never seen one in action. And they all own Wii consoles. That was scary... :whistle2:?

Great games last night. I added a few of the maps to the OP.

Also here are the custom settings I was using. Any thoughts?

Rounds: 3
Turn Time: 30s
Round Time: 10m
Retreat Time: 3s
Mine Time: 3s

Weapons (ammo, delay)
Bazooka: ∞, 0
Homing Missile: 1, 1
Grenade: ∞, 0
Cluster Bomb: 1, 0
Banana Bomb: 0, 0
Dynamite: 1, 0
Air Strike: 1, 5
Shotgun: ∞, 0
Uzi: 1, 0
Fire Punch: ∞, 0
Dragon Ball: ∞, 0
Prod: ∞, 0
Blowtorch: 3, 0
Mine: 1, 0
Sheep: 1, 1
Kamikaze: ∞, 0
Holy Hand Grenade: 1, 4
Super Sheep: 0, 0
Baseball Bat: 1, 0
Concrete Donkey: 0, 0
Ninja Rope: 3, 0
Girder: 3, 0
Jetpack: 1, 0
Teleport: 2, 0

[quote name='smiggity']I checked your status.. You were too busy saving the world (or heating your house) :)[/quote]
A little of both... :lol:

Well I have made a bit of a habit out of trolling Team 17 facebook and forums. Here is the latest nugget of info

"Fixes for some of the reported things are on the way (we'll see to that after European release).

DLC/updates are being discussed currently."

Hopefully we can get some Napalm and the parachute in some DLC.

Too many complaints for me to read through them all! :lol: Good thing I don't work for Team 17.

DLC would be cool though. Hopefully nothing expensive. Free stuff would be nice after all this VOIP madness.

The challenges in this game get pretty difficult. I played through 1-17 last night, and a couple of those last ones took 4 or 5 tries. I wanted to complete all of them in one sitting, but alas it was nearly 5am when I stopped after 17.

I had more trouble with the later 3 team challenges, I did a few of those 5+ times to get it right. Once it hit 4 teams it was a lot easier for some reason. Also, it helps if you get a whacked out AI that decides to attack it's teammates. :lol:

Crash Commando needs to come back. This game of worms will be outdated when Team 17 brings the real worms back.

I could be convinced to play some Worms tonight. Depends on when though, since I'm going with the fam to a drive-in double feature. If ya'll are still playing when I get back, then count me in.

Team17 Software Ltd has announced a patch for the US version of Worms for the PSN. The patch addresses the following points:

· Fixed a known issue which caused the game to freeze when searching for games.
· Increased the number of simultaneous speakers in AVC2 (VoiceChat) from 2 to 4.
· Stopped clients hanging when clients on low bandwidth disconnect from a game.
· Increased network timeouts in the titles network code, which led to unnecessary disconnect from low bandwidth users.
· Missing custom team speechbank "StarWorms" now added.
· Players are no longer able to use multiple weapons by using the Jetpack or Blowtorch exploits.
· The Airstrike now behaves correctly when deployed at the bottom of the landscape.
· The Concrete Donkey no longer triggers silent explosions.
· The 'Get a Lob on' Trophy has now been changed so that only the local player need use just Grenades as opposed to all users having to.

In addition to the patch, Team17 have also announced that a demo of the game will be uploaded to the PlayStation Network shortly. The patch arrives on the PSN on June 11th.

http://www.ps3center.net//news/3170/team17-announce-worms-patch/

We should play Worms again on the 11th to celebrate for the patch release! ;)

Holy fuck! You mean Team 17 finally figured out which laws of physics to break to get VOIP working? :lol:

I was just thinking we need to get in a few more games of this before Bomberman is out on Thursday. There definitely needs to be a patch celebration game, though.

I'm not sure I'll be in to play. I'm afraid my ps3 might explode from the heat generated by all the massive processing power it will be outputting as it tries to allow 4 players to talk at once.

Name a time.

Patch 1.01 is out as promised. Can't verify the chat works yet but I am expecting some serious violence later tonight.

If I'm online send me a message... I want everyone to be able to hear me bitch about stupid grenade bounces. :whee:

Turn your mic on freaky! Sadly I cant get the patch. Keeps timing out. Ill have to bring the Ps3 inside and hook up to the modem. Tomorrow night im down for a game, Wings are on tonight

LETS GO PACO BE READY FOR WAR!!

So...

(moment of silence for Warhawk night)

I'm thinking Saturdays we should do a grab bag game night, basically to go back to all those random multiplayer games that have been sadly neglected. I'm looking at Worms, Bomberman, and Ghostbusters to start.

Anyone up for Worms this Saturday?

[quote name='metaly']So...

(moment of silence for Warhawk night)

I'm thinking Saturdays we should do a grab bag game night, basically to go back to all those random multiplayer games that have been sadly neglected. I'm looking at Worms, Bomberman, and Ghostbusters to start.

Anyone up for Worms this Saturday?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a plan... though I still need to get bomberman.

bread's done
Back