PS3 at Game Crazy

allesd

CAGiversary!
Does anybody know if I buy a console at Game Crazy and the price drops if they will refund me the amount it dropped by. Wondering because if this PS3 price drop goes through, I don't want to get fucked out of $100. However, I want a PS3 this weekend..

You can return it if it's new/sealed within 7 days and re-buy it at the cheaper price, should it drop. Outside of that, no.

[quote name='dinobot']nah.... GC return policy is really bad. I would not try it.

why not just buy from dell?

20% off right now.[/QUOTE]

PS3's?

This has always been the way I look at things. If you can afford to buy something (this being the most important aspect) and want to buy it now, just buy it. Don't sit around waiting for a drop, unless it's actually announced, and it's like next week. Yeah, you'll spend a little more for it now, but you'll also get to enjoy it for a longer time.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This has always been the way I look at things. If you can afford to buy something (this being the most important aspect) and want to buy it now, just buy it. Don't sit around waiting for a drop, unless it's actually announced, and it's like next week. Yeah, you'll spend a little more for it now, but you'll also get to enjoy it for a longer time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for so eloquently describing why I shouldn't hate myself for spending $600 on a PS3. Speaking of which, I bought it at gamecrazy too, and just before the first price drop. Heh. But hey, it's the nice 60GB version with BC so I can't complain.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This has always been the way I look at things. If you can afford to buy something (this being the most important aspect) and want to buy it now, just buy it. Don't sit around waiting for a drop, unless it's actually announced, and it's like next week. Yeah, you'll spend a little more for it now, but you'll also get to enjoy it for a longer time.[/QUOTE]

On the flip side, if you know you're not gonna play it right away, hang onto the money and buy it when you know you'll start using it. That way if there is a price drop or sale, you can get in on it- just don't wait specifically for it or worry about it if you know you want it know and will use it now.

(I bring this up only becuase I deal with a lot of folks who buy something full price and bring it back weeks later, sealed, to get an adjustment to a sale price. I always wonder why they paid full price knowing full well they aren't going to use it right away.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy is the only nationwide chain that will have a 30-day price guarantee that I'm aware of. Not sure if Target/Wal-Mart will do it. Also not sure about Costco as I don't have a membership or Fry's as the closest one is 3 hours away.

bread's done
Back