Game Night Suggestions

cpuvvada

CAG Veteran
Just a thread for posting Game Night suggestions.

I propose COD4. 32 player death match and domination.

How about Wombat's favorite, Hasbro Family Game Night? :lol:

Seriously, I'd be up for CoD4 or WaW if it came along.

You have to put in mind though what games they both have. I know for a fact neither have World at War or probably Modern Warfare. Wombat has Vegas 2 not sure about Cheapy though.

I'm sure Cheapy and Wombat have had at one point COD4, but never WaW. They both have Vegas 2 as well (Or did).

Wombat, what did you mean by let him go? Are we all still on for Sunday night? I vote for Killzone 2, but COD4 would be good too. Look forward to hearing from you!

[quote name='goldeneagle']Wombat, what did you mean by let him go? Are we all still on for Sunday night? I vote for Killzone 2, but COD4 would be good too. Look forward to hearing from you![/QUOTE]

Its a line from a movie, that this thread made me think of, and thanks for the good thoughts

Oh ok, wasn't sure what you were pretaining too. You're welcome and I hope she's doing well. Any thoughts for game night this Sunday? Still planning on KillZone2? I picked it up day before yesterday with trade in credit from four games.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Would we need the DLC maps for COD4?[/quote]

Nope Wombat mentioned before no DLC required in any of the games chosen.

Uhm saunders, they always talk about COD4 and Vegas 2 as suggestions... I would guess that means they have them lol.
But yes, those are my suggestions, and I will reinforce them.

Well I don't really care what they pick seeing as I live in the UK (can't play due to time zone difference) but I still throw down good game choices.

CheapyD - Last played Call of Duty 4 16th January 2009
Last played Vegas 2 14th April 2008

Wombat - Last played Call of Duty 4 12th April 2008
Last played Vegas 2 28th April 2008

So it would be good to pull out one of those games after such a long time.

Uh folks the CoD games can only hold 18 people max on the consoles and Halo 3 is capped at 16. Also it would have to be a private, invite only match on the 360 so random non-CAG's couldn't join.

The only 360 games that hold more than 16-18 people in multi are Perfect Dark Zero and Frontlines: Fuel of War (32 players) or Battlefield: Bad Company (24 players.) I would like to see a 32 player Fat Princess CAG game when it comes out so I would know there would be people with mics in that game, as strategy is very key.

For the CAGCast Game Night needs, Killzone 2 seems to be the best fit right now.

I agree that it needs to be a 360 game, but let's face facts here: It's easier to form groups of non-friends on PS3 games than 360 games, even with the clan support option on 360 (Kinda surprised no one's made a general CAG GT on 360 though)

There are actually some games that you can make private, like COD, Vegas 2, and Shadowrun too. So, if that's the only argue for the PS3 (KZ2) then I disagree.

[quote name='Xavin']There are actually some games that you can make private, like COD, Vegas 2, and Shadowrun too. So, if that's the only argue for the PS3 (KZ2) then I disagree.[/quote]

If it's a private XBox game then it has to be invite only, meaning only friends of Cheapy/Wombat and their friends have access. It limits how many people can play. If it's a password protected room, it allows all CAG's a chance to get into the game.

Also all the games you list have no more than 18 slots available. I posted the only 360 games with the capability of hosting more.

[quote name='Xavin']There are actually some games that you can make private, like COD, Vegas 2, and Shadowrun too. So, if that's the only argue for the PS3 (KZ2) then I disagree.[/quote]

You completely missed my point.

[quote name='KingBroly']You completely missed my point.[/quote]
I wasn't saying that to combat you, just the people that were saying that you can't have private games on the 360.

[quote name='Xavin']I wasn't saying that to combat you, just the people that were saying that you can't have private games on the 360.[/quote]

No...I'm aware you can have private games on 360, and that wasn't my point. My point was that on 360 it's much harder to join peoples' games who aren't on your friends list. That's the problem Xbox Live has.

You're right KingBroly, it's much harder on the 360 because it's mostly luck of the draw when trying to get a group of people together. Although, the Xbox Live experience is a better multiplayer platform than the PS3, the PS3 offers such advanced (computer-like) features that allow a greater number of users to join a room.

[quote name='KingBroly']No...I'm aware you can have private games on 360, and that wasn't my point. My point was that on 360 it's much harder to join peoples' games who aren't on your friends list. That's the problem Xbox Live has.[/quote]

Yeah Xavin that's what Broly and I are trying to say. Only reason I got into the first CAG night on Halo 3 was a friend of mine is also on Wombat's list so I got an invite. We can't have a password protected room so all CAG's can join, just a private game where only friends of Cheapy/Wombat and extended friends can join. Limits the amount of CAG's that can get in.

[quote name='briaooon9']halo 3 new maps?[/quote]

No. One of the rules Cheapy/Wombat set was that it wouldn't include any pay DLC. Heroic Map Pack (free) is the max we could do in Halo 3.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah Xavin that's what Broly and I are trying to say. Only reason I got into the first CAG night on Halo 3 was a friend of mine is also on Wombat's list so I got an invite. We can't have a password protected room so all CAG's can join, just a private game where only friends of Cheapy/Wombat and extended friends can join. Limits the amount of CAG's that can get in.[/quote]
Yes yes, I realize that, that wasn't what I was saying lol. I was saying about the people earlier that said that you couldn't have private matches. And I agree with you completely, it's just that I don't have a PS3 lol, so it should be a Xbox game IMO.

Cheapy just posted in the original game night thread that he has to take Tai to the Dr. and won't be able to make it. Cheapy, my thoughts are with you and Tai and hope he is ok.

If anyone still wants to do something tonight, PM me or post in the thread and perhaps we could arrange something.

Wombat, hope all is well and definitely would love for you to still join in and play something tonight.

CheapyD and Wombat hate PC gaming; can't recall CheapyD talking about a game he played on PC on the CAGcast and Wombat has his URL....

http://www.pcgamingsucks.com/

And a simple evaluation at the activity in each section will gauge the community's response to proposed CAGcast Nights.

X360 forum - posts: 301,829
PS3 forum - posts: 141,784
PC/PC hardware forum - posts: 64,718

bread's done
Back