CAG Email Price Alerts Stats - May 22, 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5198]7220[/IMG-R]Here are the games with the most CAG email price alerts set over the last week. The dollar amounts do not represent an actual sale price, but the average alert prices that your fellow CAGs have set.

If you want to receive an email when a specific game hits your desired price, use the big search bar at the top of every page, click through to a game's page and set your preferred email alert price. You can then manage your alerts via the "manage email alerts" link located under the "price tracking" menu item in the navigation bar. We've also got a video demonstration.

1. :360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $28.54
  2. :wii: MadWorld $22.76
  3. :360: Fallout 3 $29.71
  4. :360: Resident Evil 5 $33.65
  5. :wii: Punch-Out!! $27.44
Keep reading for the rest of the Top 20[/preview]
  1. :360: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $28.54
  2. :wii: MadWorld $22.76
  3. :360: Fallout 3 $29.71
  4. :360: Resident Evil 5 $33.65
  5. :wii: Punch-Out!! $27.44
  6. :360: Prince of Persia $23.31
  7. :ps3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune $27.43
  8. :wii: The House of the Dead: Overkill $20.71
  9. :360: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel $32.38
  10. :360: Halo Wars $28.08
  11. :360: Saints Row 2 $23.92
  12. :360: Street Fighter IV $27.25
  13. :360: Fable II $22.25
  14. :360: Left 4 Dead $22.36
  15. :360: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $25.50
  16. :ps3: Killzone 2 $35.00
  17. :360: Dead Space $22.20
  18. :360: Mirror's Edge $18.50
  19. :360: Star Ocean: The Last Hope $28.22
  20. :360: UFC 2009 Undisputed $39.67

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up, Cheapy, in regards to the ALERT logo, the attorneys for Under Armour will soon be contacting you about logo infringement.:)

under_armour_logo.jpg

[quote name='VipFREAK']A little off topic but... Wolverine for $28!? Where!?[/QUOTE]

And Punch-Out!! for $27? I need.

And anyone else not have "the big search bar at the top of every page"?

The dollar amount represents the average alert price that your fellow CAGs have set. It's not necessarily a price that is available now.

You don't have a big search bar at the top of every page that says "click here to search CAG, games, prices, and more!"?

Oh man, my eyes went straight to the prices and I was ready to drop at least $200 right now. Damn my tendency to not read in a linear fashion. Oh well.

are the links working for anyone else? i'm getting 404 error.

and guys those are prices people are willing to pay not how much they find the game for.

where can we report inaccurate price listings? for instance Manhunt 2 :wii: is actually $22 at Amazon not $15 at it'slisted in the lister. did it just go up recently and it takes time or do we have to alert someone and let them know to change it?

[quote name='CheapyD']The dollar amount represents the average alert price that your fellow CAGs have set. It's not necessarily a price that is available now.

You don't have a big search bar at the top of every page that says "click here to search CAG, games, prices, and more!"?

[/QUOTE]

Phew... I was wondering how I could've missed a deal like that when I just got the $40 -10% from Amazon.

[quote name='dragyynvessyl']Yeah, the links weren't working for me either.[/QUOTE]Sorry, I fixed the links

[quote name='Wolfkin']
where can we report inaccurate price listings? for instance Manhunt 2 :wii: is actually $22 at Amazon not $15 at it'slisted in the lister. did it just go up recently and it takes time or do we have to alert someone and let them know to change it?[/QUOTE]It's possible it just went up today in which case the new price will be reflected on CAG when the price tracker runs this morning. I'll keep an eye on it.

Is there a way to add games? I'd like to set a price alert for "Spore Galactic Edition" but it doesn't come up. (Not the expansion, the special edition.) Thanks.

[quote name='Sentinel']Is there a way to add games? I'd like to set a price alert for "Spore Galactic Edition" but it doesn't come up. (Not the expansion, the special edition.) Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I added it, but for the future:

[quote name='LoveLost']I think people are aiming for prices which are way too low and unrealistic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a lot of these prices are less than 50% of the games original value. But I guess some of them could eventually reach those prices.

man, i'm still waiting for Wolverine to drop below $45. my coworker is telling me how great it is.

[quote name='blackhole82']Yeah, a lot of these prices are less than 50% of the games original value. But I guess some of them could eventually reach those prices.[/QUOTE]

Unless its something I really want to play, I will often wait for a title to hit 40% or less. It may take a year, but most titles eventually hit below 50%.

Many games can be had for $10 or under eventually. Its just a matter of time.

Will these deal notifications be for new copies only or will it work for used?

[quote name='Brian9824']Many games can be had for $10 or under eventually. Its just a matter of time.

Will these deal notifications be for new copies only or will it work for used?[/QUOTE]Right now the price tracker is only tracking new prices. We will add used prices eventually.

Cheapy - Great addition to the site that really captures the spirit of what we do 'round here. Is it feasible to add a "member price sighting" type comment/blog to the pages so that if we spot something cheaper we can let people know (outside of the deal forum)?

the prices aren't unrealistic but expecting alerts for them is. These prices are going to be store list prices. By the time the games get down to $20 or lower it's clearance which probably won't show up on the price tracker.

It's a subtle difference that does effectively render the price alert feature almost moot for most of us hardcore clearance shopping cags, but still it's pretty cool and GTA:ds: has shown us that sometimes these sales do happen. Plus it can be used to alert for new Player's Choice titles.

Oh yeah and twitter updates could be pretty cool but seeing how twitter works I guess we shouldn't expect it for a long while. You'd have to create a CAG Price alert twitter account and then cross friend all of us and then send out DMs or Replies for every alert... heaven forbidsomething like MadWorld drops to $20 and half of CAG needs an alert all at once isn't there a limit on how many messages you can send on twitter?

[quote name='Wolfkin']the prices aren't unrealistic but expecting alerts for them is. These prices are going to be store list prices. By the time the games get down to $20 or lower it's clearance which probably won't show up on the price tracker.

It's a subtle difference that does effectively render the price alert feature almost moot for most of us hardcore clearance shopping cags, but still it's pretty cool and GTA:ds: has shown us that sometimes these sales do happen. Plus it can be used to alert for new Player's Choice titles.
[/QUOTE] I'm not really sure what your point is. Amazon, Newegg, and other online retailers consistently have sales on games at $20 or under. Obviously, if you set an alert for $15 on a new release title, don't expect to get an email anytime soon. Then again, you probably aren't going to find it on clearance at a B&M 1 month after release either.

However, I agree that if you don't shop online and only wait for a game to get clearanced out for $12 at Target, the PT isn't going to help you much.

I was merely trying to respond to [quote name='LoveLost']I think people are aiming for prices which are way too low and unrealistic.[/QUOTE]My point was that the price aren't too low or unrealistic

[quote name='CheapyD']However, I agree that if you don't shop online and only wait for a game to get clearanced out for $12 at Target, the PT isn't going to help you much.[/QUOTE]that's basically all I was saying.

Personally I love the tracker. Well I love and fear it for I can see my wallet going empty for a long time, and my backlog growing a backlog. By the end of the year my games will have games they can't play.

@ CheapyD: I wasn't going to make the jump from Google Reader to the thread, but then I saw Red Alert! Any ST reference deserves further inspection.

@ neocisco: The Red Alert screen from the Enterprise has been a lot longer than Under Armor. So I guess Under Armor ripped off Starfleet!

[quote name='CheapyD']The dollar amount represents the average alert price that your fellow CAGs have set. It's not necessarily a price that is available now.

[/QUOTE]

haha, I'm retarded. I was looking in the space that was shown in the video. I didn't think to look up above 1/2 inch...:oops:

gee I want to pay a dollar for uncharted...so what?

the only time this is useful is when someone has a link to a place where you can buy uncharted for 27 bucks. so people only want to pay whatever...whats the use? to give me an idea of what people value a game? people who have never played it?

Is there anyway to report a pricing error? I had Infamous at $40 and received an email alert that gogamer has it for $36.49 when they actually have it for $51.90. In fact, the gogamer price is still listed at $36.49 and it has been about a week already.

[quote name='blackhole82']Yeah, a lot of these prices are less than 50% of the games original value. But I guess some of them could eventually reach those prices.[/QUOTE]

most of the prices are in the $30 range, obviously people are willing to wait.

People are going to be waiting awhile for Punch Out to drop. Hopefully it'll be enjoyable in 20 years when it eventually goes on clearance as all Nintendo games do.

like others i, too, thought these were games on sale at first.

oh well - it's nevertheless a nice feature to know about.

Cheapy.....this is an extremely important and valuable tool from this aspect:

You can show actual hard numbers to publishers as to what gamers ARE WILLING TO PAY for specific titles. We all know that games stay at the $50-$60 level for far too long. As Valve has shown, bring down the price to an acceptable level and you will sell a shitload of your product.

Your metrics can influence publishers to hit that magical "sweet spot" in regards to pricing.

[quote name='Greggy_D']Cheapy.....this is an extremely important and valuable tool from this aspect:

You can show actual hard numbers to publishers as to what gamers ARE WILLING TO PAY for specific titles. We all know that games stay at the $50-$60 level for far too long. As Valve has shown, bring down the price to an acceptable level and you will sell a shitload of your product.

Your metrics can influence publishers to hit that magical "sweet spot" in regards to pricing.[/QUOTE]

I wish this was the case, but skyrocketing development costs + thousands of people who don't think twice about shelling out $60 for another generic FPS/RPG/Adventure game re-affirm the publishers' perspectives on this. Start with high pricing and gradually lower it as time goes on.

[quote name='Greggy_D']
[/QUOTE]

If I'm right I think the publisher would be laughing at you more than I am right now. Give us what we want? Listen to ONE measley online forum on what prices should be? (No offense to CAG)
Not going to happen.

How is Killzone 2 averaging around $35.00 already!? The lowest price I've seen for it is 50...and that's still a little too steep for me. =\

[quote name='VipFREAK']If I'm right I think the publisher would be laughing at you more than I am right now. Give us what we want? Listen to ONE measley online forum on what prices should be? (No offense to CAG)
Not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Hence....I defer to the extremely successful Valve L4D pricing "experiment". Laugh all you want. Valve made a shitload of money that weekend and they know it.

It can work.

Especially if Cheapy's database has tens of thousands price request samples from not only cheap ass gamers, but also those same hardcore gamers.

[quote name='tenma']I wish this was the case, but skyrocketing development costs + thousands of people who don't think twice about shelling out $60 for another generic FPS/RPG/Adventure game re-affirm the publishers' perspectives on this. Start with high pricing and gradually lower it as time goes on.[/QUOTE]

And that's my point. Games stay at the $50-$60 price far too long. Publishers can get the early adopters first at the max price point and then a month or two later......look at the data for what people are willing to pay for a particular game. Lower the price to match that data and they will sell a shitload of copies.

The price needs to lower quicker. The publisher will make MORE selling many at a lower price versus keeping a game at $50-$60 and selling less quantity.

im confused... am i late or something.. cuz i see that madworld was like 23 and that punchout was like 27...but i dont see it in the tracker... what sites had them up for this price?

[quote name='Kalmaholic']How is Killzone 2 averaging around $35.00 already!? The lowest price I've seen for it is 50...and that's still a little too steep for me. =\[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']im confused... am i late or something.. cuz i see that madworld was like 23 and that punchout was like 27...but i dont see it in the tracker... what sites had them up for this price?[/QUOTE]

Here's an idea. Try reading the OP.

[quote name='neocisco']Here's an idea. Try reading the OP.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I think cheapy could do a better job of clarifying. The "Alert :Condition Chaep" logo isnt helping either. Maybe a "stats" icon/logo instead. A picture of a graph or something. Or find a way to just graph the info? Idk, I know I was confused the first time around, and Im not surprised to see others are this time.

It's a deal site and it's excusable to "jump the gun" when you see something that looks like a deal.

im used to people not reading entire posts, but at the very least i expect people to read the headline and/or the first sentence!

[quote name='CheapyD']im used to people not reading entire posts, but at the very least i expect people to read the headline and/or the first sentence![/QUOTE]

1. The bright red logo that says ALERT: Condition Cheap is an issue.

2. There are much better ways to present statistical data.

3. Please dont ban me :(

bread's done
Back