CircuitCity.com (ITS BACK!) - Some rare sealed PS2 games (SMT:DS) - TWEWY 20.99

aeri

CAGiversary!
Well I hope this is the right post. But circuitcity.com is back!

Rummaged through all 27 pages of the videogame section, feel free to if you'd like to also and found quite a few nice titles for decent prices.

EDIT: The World Ends With You only 20.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3620664&CatId=3023

CircuitCity.com
Devil Summoner 1 -$ 48.99
Tales of the Abyss -$ 28.99 *search tale of the abyss*
Wild Arms 4 -$ 20.99
Wild Arms Alter Code F -$ 28.99

Prices for the games new on amazon marketplace
Devil Summoner 1 -$ 69.95
Tales of the Abyss -$ 62.98
Wild Arms 4 -$ 44.95
Wild Arms Alter Code F -$ 59.90

Might be a few other nices ones buried there too, but that's my findings. Also might as well pick up the .99 stack of 25 DVD R+'s and if you want, a $3 4gb thumbdrive :)

As for me... Subtotal: $ 215.92 Ooops :# Shipping is free (actually 1.99 handling) on expensive orders too (was on mine), I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rodieremix']Who's selling this stuff?[/QUOTE]
About Circuit City
Circuit City is a proud brand that America has grown to count on over the years to provide many products which help people enjoy their lives. With a history dating back to 1949, the Circuit City brand lives on as a member of the Systemax group of companies effective May 19, 2009.

Hold On! Spend $72.01 more and get discounted shipping on in-stock orders under 15 lbs. Limited Time Only.

Yeah... no. Damn, I wanted a $3 flash drive too. Shipping was $7

Last edited by a moderator:
Still looks like the same circuit city.... over priced and terrible customer service. Other than a couple rare games, really nothing to see. Despite a couple good things to price match at best buy, I never cared for circuit city.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']About Circuit City
Circuit City is a proud brand that America has grown to count on over the years to provide many products which help people enjoy their lives. With a history dating back to 1949, the Circuit City brand lives on as a member of the Systemax group of companies effective May 19, 2009.

Hold On! Spend $72.01 more and get discounted shipping on in-stock orders under 15 lbs. Limited Time Only.

Yeah... no. Damn, I wanted a $3 flash drive too. Shipping was $7[/QUOTE]

Yeah I checked the "About Us" page after I posted. Should've done it first, oh well. Nothing special.

[quote name='stevo1002']Still looks like the same circuit city.... over priced and terrible customer service. Other than a couple rare games, really nothing to see. Despite a couple good things to price match at best buy, I never cared for circuit city.[/QUOTE]

Yup I noticed that too. I'm wondering how many of the things I ordered will be canceled. (I ordered 3 copies of Alter Code because I know 2 friends want one. Ironic thing is I've been hunting for a USED copy of this game for 2-3 months at a decent price with no luck. Finally found one 3 days ago for 15 bucks. Might as well ordered a sealed one though, it'll be on my backlog forever)

As for every other game in the games section, a lot seemed to have insanely sporadic pricing. For instance, The World Ends With You was only 20.99 I believe, but Riviera for PSP is 39.99?? That's double the price it should be.

This one is also mostly great.
signature_deepthakur.jpg
;)

Why does this website look like TigerDirect's interface?

(similar product pages, not frontpage... though I haven't checked the front page... but just noticed this has similar .gif and .jpg files when I hit up that Nintendo DSi offer the other day).

Shipping kills the deal (I'm assuming their closed down storefronts aren't reopening since the nearby Circuit City buildings are still 'for lease') for 'The World Ends With You' ($6.99) for California, sadly. Amazon has the game for $23.50.

[quote name='zakai']Why does this website look like TigerDirect's interface?

(similar product pages, not frontpage... though I haven't checked the front page... but just noticed this has similar .gif and .jpg files when I hit up that Nintendo DSi offer the other day).[/QUOTE]

totally agree on this. tigerdirect or whoever the parent company is bought these dead companies because of brand recognition. it's all basically the same website. compusa, same thing as well. i don't see the difference with all 3 really.

For those saying it looks a lot like Tiger Direct, that's because it pretty much is tigerdirect.com with a different color scheme. I was looking at the computer parts section, and it even has the same reviews as tigerdirect! Circuit city is more expensive though, which is weird.

Just ordered a bunch of games from them that I've been looking for sealed copies of, Wild Arms: Alter Code F, .Hack G.U. Vol. 1, and the first Luminous Arc among them. The prices aren't the greatest, but the $2 shipping for having an order over $75 was pretty nice (although free would've been better), and as pointed out, for sealed copies it's certainly cheaper than the Amazon Marketplace, or anywhere else I've seen lately. Hoping the order actually goes through, since the shipping in 7-21 days for a few of them makes me leery.

Thanks OP!

wow so circiut city is back but under new management, is this for good or just until they sell off all of their stock

why do people keep posting TWEWY "deals", especially when most places sell them for $19.99 now. Please remove that from the title seeing how its NOT a deal.

A couple of clicks around the net confirms that CC's website assets etc were purchased by Systemax, of which TD is a subsidiary.

Anyone else getting declined for payment? I've tried 3 cards and they've all been declined.

Edit: Two mastercards and 1 visa declined. Finally got it through with Discover.

[quote name='cheeky']Anyone else getting declined for payment? I've tried 3 cards and they've all been declined.[/QUOTE]
I have to say, this sounds very suspicious. If that happened to me, I'd do a credit card report check and a fraud alert.

I think my credit card problem might be due to some kind of new security check that CC has enabled on their website. It's probably blocking authorized users as well as fraudsters.

[quote name='prateeko']Which devil summoner is this one? We're sure it's not the second one? I ask because they don't have a picture...[/QUOTE]

The UPC number they give at the bottom of the page matches the one on my copy of Devil Summoner 1.

[quote name='Squarehard']the site just launched, so the glitches and the bugs you will just have to deal with for now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't think we'll get any of these... unless Systemax was able to acquire some leftover CC inventory when they bought the name.

Oh well, I ordered a Tales of the Abyss & Wild Arms Alter Code F for the hell of it.

[quote name='rpgamer92']wow so circiut city is back but under new management, is this for good or just until they sell off all of their stock[/QUOTE]

Not rly, tigerdirect's parent company bought out the CircuitCity.com domain name. Then they are basically using the name to push their own products. Kinda sad, but brand loyalty sells.

[quote name='LoveLost']Holy Crap they are selling the X360 HD-DVD player for $200 are they insane?:hot:[/QUOTE]

WOW did it cost that much when it first came out? I know I paid full price for mine but I don't remember it being 200 bucks. I was thinking maybe around 150.

[quote name='rodieremix']Who's selling this stuff?[/QUOTE]

Systemax Inc., a leading multi-channel retailer of computers, electronics, and industrial products, has purchased the Circuit City brand, trademark, website and other assets. The purchased assets include the customer records of the original Circuit City.

As part of our "Customer First" initiative, and respect for your privacy, you can opt-out of having your personally identifiable information transferred to the new Circuit City. Personally identifiable information may include name, address, email, phone, and purchase history. However, it DOES NOT include credit card data or other personal financial information; this information will not be transferred to us at all. If you opt-out prior to June 9th, your personal information will be purged and you will no longer receive email communications from Circuit City.

If you wish to Opt-out of having your personal information transferred to the new CircuitCity.com, you can click here to opt-out now. If you have no objections, thank you. Stay tuned to discover the new and exciting world of the re-launched CircuitCity.com: Lower Prices, Wider Selection, Faster Shipping, World Class Service!

As part of the re-launch, the new CircuitCity.com has adopted a new Privacy Policy. The new Privacy Policy ensures that your personal information remains safe. We will not rent, sell or otherwise disclose your personal information to unrelated third parties except as stated in the Privacy Policy. (Click here to view the new Privacy Policy.) If you do not opt-out of the transfer of your customer information by June 9, 2009 the new Privacy Policy will be applicable to you.

We encourage you to try out the new CircuitCity.com and know that we will always respect your privacy and honor your requests.

Regards,

Gilbert Fiorentino - Chief Executive
Systemax Technology Group

[quote name='ayuchan']Great deal .. just hope the games that say 7-21 days delivery won't get canceled..[/QUOTE]

I actually called CC yesterday about the 7-21 days delivery, basically they do not have the item instock and awaiting for their vendor to send them the item.
So I think the chances that those rare games to be shipped are minimal.

They have some pretty insane deals. If you need some new 360 accessories, check them out. XBL 3 Mo only 17.99 I believe. They also have the red controller bundle for only $53.99.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']They have some pretty insane deals. If you need some new 360 accessories, check them out. XBL 3 Mo only 17.99 I believe. They also have the red controller bundle for only $53.99.[/QUOTE]

No deal. Shipping + tax is horrible.

Not to be captain bringdown, but I'd be very surprised if anyone gets these rare games. I find it hard to believe they stumbled across a bunch of new copies of stuff like Luminous Arc or Super Princess Peach.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP. However, it should be noted that most of these games can be found for similar or cheaper prices on eBay, with the exception of Tales (Devil Summoner will come down in price after the sequel has been out for a while).

[quote name='rainking187']I find it hard to believe they stumbled across a bunch of new copies of stuff like Luminous Arc or Super Princess Peach.[/QUOTE]

Really? Those games aren't particularly rare...

[quote name='sliknik27']Really? Those games aren't particularly rare...[/QUOTE]

New sealed copies? I haven't seen either of those in a store or online outside of eBay for well over a year at least.

[quote name='sliknik27']Thanks for the heads-up, OP. However, it should be noted that most of these games can be found for similar or cheaper prices on eBay, with the exception of Tales (Devil Summoner will come down in price after the sequel has been out for a while).
[/QUOTE]

WTF? When did Tales of the Abyss skyrocket in price? I saw like a dozen copies on clearance between a Micro Center near Philly and a Walmart in San Diego less than 6 months ago... after the terrible anime and all. Meant to grab a 2nd copy but the horrid voice acting makes me not want to play it again, regardless of how great the game is. Kind of kicking myself now...

Either way it's entirely possible a few boxes made their way back to NBGI or Tiger... I ordered one for kicks along with a new copy of Devil Summoner but I'll see if it actually makes it... delivery estimate is July 1. $1.99 shipping and no sales tax for CA is kind of nice, though.

[quote name='gti443']WTF? When did Tales of the Abyss skyrocket in price? I saw like a dozen copies on clearance between a Micro Center near Philly and a Walmart in San Diego less than 6 months ago... after the terrible anime and all. Meant to grab a 2nd copy but the horrid voice acting makes me not want to play it again, regardless of how great the game is. Kind of kicking myself now...

Either way it's entirely possible a few boxes made their way back to NBGI or Tiger... I ordered one for kicks along with a new copy of Devil Summoner but I'll see if it actually makes it... delivery estimate is July 1. $1.99 shipping and no sales tax for CA is kind of nice, though.[/QUOTE]

After reading this, I too found myself pretty surprised as to some of these sealed values. I have sealed copies of Wild Arms: Alter Code F and Tales of the Abyss that I got for ~$20 each a year ago that were getting to the top of my backlog. Had no idea they were rarities (or, at the least, victims of ebay gouging), but I guess now I'll have to get another copy of each if I ever want to actually play them =/ It's the collector/money-grubbing miser in me, I can't help it.

The new prices at Circuit City are roughly equal to the used prices at ebay/gamestop, which is a plus, but at the risk of them selling out I'm holding off for now because, like others here, I'm wary of their ability to actually fulfill all these orders.

Also, had no idea Devil Summoner 1 was that expensive sealed now. Fortunately I think I know of a place close to me that has many in stock and clearanced, so I might have to grab them if I can.

bread's done
Back