- - - - -

Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) $39.99 FS at Newegg.com

#31 jollydwarf   America's #1 Poster CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

jollydwarf

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

The fact that this game is competent and has a single-player campaign clocking in at 20 hours (or more) makes it even more impressive in this era of the 6-8 hour solo campaign (which doesn't mean concentrated quality, of course).

I had to get it, even though I just pounced on the superior Fracture a couple days ago.

Heh.

Hey, Biff--what's that?

(Bolts out of thread, narrowly dodging barrage of tomato-grenades.)
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#32 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9411 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:06 PM

I think it's worth it. At $40 it's a STEEL!

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#33 jollydwarf   America's #1 Poster CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

jollydwarf

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:11 PM

"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#34 Jqwerty   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

picked it up, thanks OP!

#35 JoshuaB81285   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

JoshuaB81285

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

Yeah, after hearing how fun this game is and people speaking highly of it, I jumped on this sale. So many games, so little time.

#36 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1859 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

Yeah, the "thrust" back pack launches you in a pretty much straight forward trajectory and yes you end up "head butting" through the roof (somehow you can thrust downwards and bust through the lower floors can't figure that out yet). As with the Rhino backpack that plows through walls I guess it just makes a forcefield to protect you. Who cares, it's fun.

I also like the stealth backpack. Sledgehammer-wielding invisible ninja!

#37 CosmosTheMouse   The Ace Of Spades CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CosmosTheMouse

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:54 PM

I may be one of the few people waiting for another drop on this.
This and Saints Row 2 i've been waiting to hit at least $25 range. Only a matter o' time.

#38 AriesDog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   496 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

AriesDog

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

FYI: If you buy it using Bing Cashback you'll get an additional 2.5% refunded to you. Not much but better in your pocket than in someone else's.

#39 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2071 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

Saints Row 2 i've been waiting to hit at least $25 range. Only a matter o' time.

Been to Target lately? :)

#40 52club   This ain't intramurals!!! CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

This is making it harder to wait for the PC version.
Space for Rent:lol:

#41 el swordo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1720 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:19 PM

so should i keep waiting for price drop? i'm kind of bored with videogames and this seems like the kind of game that is great but gets passed up easily should be bargain bin soon

#42 evildeadjedi   RIP DIO \m/ \m/ CAGiversary!   4750 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Still no :ps3: love oh well I'll wait.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 AwesomeD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   490 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

Ordered, Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#44 CosmosTheMouse   The Ace Of Spades CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

CosmosTheMouse

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

Been to Target lately? :)

noooooo? why. :drool:

#45 clockwork-zombie   /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\&# CAGiversary!   270 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

clockwork-zombie

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:52 PM

I hope we will be getting prices like this for the for the PS3 version.

#46 Moravagine   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Moravagine

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

Given that this just came out less than a month ago, I think its fairly unlikely that it will be lower than $39.99 new anytime soon. It will be cheaper used if Gamestop has another B2G1 sale and you have an edge card but I think this new price will hold up well for a month or two at the least.

Admittedly I don't know the sales numbers but Red Faction: Guerrilla has been one of the most highly-reviewed games of the year.

Of course I could just be trying to rationalize adding yet another game to my already-too-large library.
Posted Image

#47 ShonnyG112   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

ShonnyG112

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:16 PM

Good thing I didn't order from GameRoomDeals last night and saw this this morning. I also used cash back. :)

#48 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24428 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

About how long do they take to ship?

seanr1221.png

#49 Danimal   CheapAssing it Since 2003 CAGiversary!   2683 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Grim Fandango
PC

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Incredibly tempting, especially after hearing Cheapy and Wombat talk about it so much, but I'm going to hold off for now. Too many games in my backlog already, and I want to get through at least a few of them before some of the games I NEED on Day 1 come out (Brutal Legends, Heavy Rain, Scribblenauts, etc.....)
Posted Image

#50 Vendetta_x360   ♥ 태연 CAGiversary!   7253 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago   Has been playing Destiny
XONE

Vendetta_x360

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

Fuck what to do... I love the price, loved the RF 1 & 2, and have heard nothing but good things about this. However I have a huge backlog along with my buddy's bachelor party next month (meaning I need to save some money)...

Guess I could ebay some of the games on my TL to compensate...

Vendetta+x360.png

Currently Playing:  :xb1: Halo:MCC, MK X, Shadows of Mordor  :ps4: Nothing ATM  :360: AC: Revelations, Witcher 2

Recently Completed (1k or Plat):  :xb1: Another World :xb1: / :360: Destiny

#51 segaplayer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

segaplayer

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

so should i keep waiting for price drop? i'm kind of bored with videogames and this seems like the kind of game that is great but gets passed up easily should be bargain bin soon

no way this is bargain bin, it is selling well and has a lot of hype behind it. Remember when Cod World at War came out and it was being sold at 39.99? It is a special deal that comes by at launch and you won't see it again until at least another 3 or so months from now.

I highly recommend this game after buying it when it was on special last time. The destruction aspect is really revolutionary and it ranslates over to multiplayer beautifully. It is a standard you'll start expecting in every game from now on.

#52 EdEddandEdge   Discounted Cheap Ass CAGiversary!   522 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

EdEddandEdge

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

This game is incredible. At $39.99 it's a solid buy for a new release.
So Cheap, I once used a GGC to pay attention.

#53 SirConnery   You're The Man Now Dog! CAGiversary!   847 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

I'm also playing and like this game. I just don't like one thing. When I use a weapon to break down walls, it's annoying that the chunks are almost exactly in the shape of squares. I assume this is the physics engine, and really not an issue, just an annoyance.

I'm ryanflucas on Steam and PSN, feel free to add me. Checkout my eBay and my Game Boy Collection.

#54 Tengaport   Cover your heart Indy! CAGiversary!   281 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

I'm in for one - thanks op.

Was looking for a new game to play now that I've wrapped up Resident Evil 5 (aside from some achievement hunting). I really liked the Red Faction demo and both Cheapy & Wombat have given the game their approval for what that's worth. Looking forward to it

#55 CrimsonPaw   Professional Cheapass CAGiversary!   2037 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

Anyone know if any B&M stores will match this price? I've got some gift cards that need used and since I'm saving for a house the wife would be less than happy to see a $40 charge that was for a game.

#56 drktrpr1   Total GearsHead CAGiversary!   1678 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:04 AM

In for one, this game looks positively great and looks to be a great price.

[EDIT] Free shipping is 3-7 Business days, awesome!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#57 bigdaddybruce44   Murders & Executions CAGiversary!   13288 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

bigdaddybruce44

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

Haven't played it, yet, but the reviews definitely point towards this being well worth the $40. I wouldn't hesitate, if I wasn't already sitting on a big backlog.

#58 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1731 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

I should have stayed away but I have to support achievements that are actually about having fun rather than grinding through bad AI and cheap damage systems (I'm looking at you expert difficulty).

That and the great reviews, way better than expected demo, and excellent MP and I figure (hope) it will have a long online life.

#59 AshesofWake   chum is fum CAGiversary!   4588 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

AshesofWake

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:38 AM

why must you torture me CAG, with this, i need to save money!
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#60 pokadotpowerpuff   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   46 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

pokadotpowerpuff

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:32 AM

Wanted to pick this up from Amazon last time they had this for 40 dollars..can't order from newegg since they don't give free shipping to Hawaii and shipping = 15 so basically I am paying around the same price >_> come on amazon..have it on sale again!