Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) $39.99 FS at Newegg.com

stpk0re

CAGiversary!
[leftimg]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/media/gameimages/live_658.jpg[/leftimg]In case you still haven't gotten your ass to Mars, Newegg has brought back the $40 price point with free shipping.

CheapyD note: I'm currently playing Red Faction Guerrilla and am very impressed so far. The developers have done a great job making destruction a fun and addicting aspect of the game. I would recommend this title even at full price.

:360: Red Faction: Guerrilla $39.99

It's baaaack!

Red Faction: Guerrilla (Xbox 360) - $39.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874169036

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredibly tempting, especially after hearing Cheapy and Wombat talk about it so much, but I'm going to hold off for now. Too many games in my backlog already, and I want to get through at least a few of them before some of the games I NEED on Day 1 come out (Brutal Legends, Heavy Rain, Scribblenauts, etc.....)

fuck what to do... I love the price, loved the RF 1 & 2, and have heard nothing but good things about this. However I have a huge backlog along with my buddy's bachelor party next month (meaning I need to save some money)...

Guess I could ebay some of the games on my TL to compensate...

[quote name='el swordo']so should i keep waiting for price drop? i'm kind of bored with videogames and this seems like the kind of game that is great but gets passed up easily should be bargain bin soon[/QUOTE]

no way this is bargain bin, it is selling well and has a lot of hype behind it. Remember when Cod World at War came out and it was being sold at 39.99? It is a special deal that comes by at launch and you won't see it again until at least another 3 or so months from now.

I highly recommend this game after buying it when it was on special last time. The destruction aspect is really revolutionary and it ranslates over to multiplayer beautifully. It is a standard you'll start expecting in every game from now on.

I'm also playing and like this game. I just don't like one thing. When I use a weapon to break down walls, it's annoying that the chunks are almost exactly in the shape of squares. I assume this is the physics engine, and really not an issue, just an annoyance.

I'm in for one - thanks op.

Was looking for a new game to play now that I've wrapped up Resident Evil 5 (aside from some achievement hunting). I really liked the Red Faction demo and both Cheapy & Wombat have given the game their approval for what that's worth. Looking forward to it

Anyone know if any B&M stores will match this price? I've got some gift cards that need used and since I'm saving for a house the wife would be less than happy to see a $40 charge that was for a game.

In for one, this game looks positively great and looks to be a great price.

[EDIT] Free shipping is 3-7 Business days, awesome!

Haven't played it, yet, but the reviews definitely point towards this being well worth the $40. I wouldn't hesitate, if I wasn't already sitting on a big backlog.

I should have stayed away but I have to support achievements that are actually about having fun rather than grinding through bad AI and cheap damage systems (I'm looking at you expert difficulty).

That and the great reviews, way better than expected demo, and excellent MP and I figure (hope) it will have a long online life.

Wanted to pick this up from Amazon last time they had this for 40 dollars..can't order from newegg since they don't give free shipping to Hawaii and shipping = 15 so basically I am paying around the same price >_> come on amazon..have it on sale again!

AAARRRGGG!!! WHY CheapyD/NewEgg WHY!! Need to save money in this horrible economy .. bah I give up and ordered it

Now for justification excuses so I can convince myself its a great buy till the game gets here .. "its CheapyD approved! How can this game go wrong?" ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EnronLackey']AAARRRGGG!!! WHY CheapyD/NewEgg WHY!! Need to save money in this horrible economy .. bah I give up and ordered it

Now for justification excuses so I can convince myself its a great buy till the game gets here .. "its CheapyD approved! How can this game go wrong?" ^_^[/QUOTE]

I walked 5 miles in 90 degree heat to buy this game, mostly for the preorder stuff :p (don't ask >_>)

It was a big let down (the preorder stuff, that is)

The game's great :D I don't like the MP though, but the SP is something you can constantly return to, and blow everything up with cheats.

Ordering this. Been trying to save money but the sale price is too good to pass up. I guess I'll just chalk it up to the last of my "Rewards" for myself.

Argh, I just missed this sale. I ordered it from amazon last week for $52. In the end it doesn't matter too much. I've been playing it since Friday, and I love it.

Guess it was fate. I had it in my cart but was waiting to think on it and now it's sold out when I went back to submit my order.

same thing happened to me woodcan. i said the same thing too lol whatever ill wait to buy it again when its the same price or lower

I saw this right before I left for work and was going to order it when I got home. Oh well, if it comes back in stock I will probably pick it up. Been getting great reviews from a few co-workers.

bread's done
Back