Jake needs to quit making OTTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbudge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
If you think Jake needs to quit making OTTs please sign this petition.

(I had to make an OTT to kill off Jake's OTT.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone explain something to me, regarding XBL?

I don't have a CC tied to my Gold account, in fact, I haven't for quite some time (Over a year, IIRC), and use prepaid cards for point and to renew my subscription.

In fact, after my first year was almost done back in early 07, I had to call and get the auto renewlas turned off, because the CSR told me that once you do pay by CC, you can't switch to pre-paid. (Um...what?) So, I made sure auto-renewal was off and used prepaid cards.

Flash to yesterday, as all the one-month cards I bought from the Watchmen BB deal are ending. I go to xbox.com to redeem a new code, since my service ends on 7/11, and I get an error. I tried it from my xbox and got an error there, too.

Earlier today, I played a bit online. I just tried to log in, and it tells me there is a problem with my account. I call the Xbox number, and they tell me that they can't bill to my card (since I lost that one and replaced it, so the numbers don't match; and I never entered the new one, so Juggers can't buy stuff online). I tell them that I know and I haven't had my card on the system for a long time, since I do pre-paid. She says that they tried to bill my card and it didn't go through. I said I have auto-renewals off and she said yes. I ask "Well, if I have auto-renewals off, why are you trying to charge my card?" She said she'd have to ask someone and she'd put me on hold. By putting me on hold, I didn't realize she meant "hang up."

TL;DR version: Even though I have auto-renewal off, MS has put my account on hold since they couldn't bill me. Oh yeah, and I'm still paid for another 6 days. :bomb:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']budge, I like you and all, but this is some retarded internet drama. :|[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to make this OTT. (Regardless of how I personally feel.) But Jake forced my hand. :/

Hey Plume, out of curiosity, I looked at my account and I have renewal turned off. I clicked on the link that is supposed to lead you to where it turns on, and it just brings you to where you can buy more xbox live. How would you even turn it on if you wanted to? (not that I want to, but it seems like it's messed up).

[quote name='darthbudge']I didn't want to make this OTT. (Regardless of how I personally feel.) But Jake forced my hand. :/[/QUOTE]

everyone says every ott is shitty. if we'd stop the arcane practice of closing them at 500, we wouldn't even have to deal with this bullshit.

who cares what the fucking thread title is. if it's good, applaud it... otherwise, it should be business as usual. :)

[quote name='seanr1221']Hey Plume, out of curiosity, I looked at my account and I have renewal turned off. I clicked on the link that is supposed to lead you to where it turns on, and it just brings you to where you can buy more xbox live. How would you even turn it on if you wanted to? (not that I want to, but it seems like it's messed up).[/QUOTE]

i think it automatically turns on if you stop using codes and use a cc to buy your live subscription?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']i think it automatically turns on if you stop using codes and use a cc to buy your live subscription?[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

I know for the first 2 years live was out, I just had it automatically charge my dad's card, but ever since then I've been using prepaid cards.

I think I'm covered now until 8/11 :lol:

SeanR is legit the biggest scammer on CAG.

"Hey, I'll play with you."
"Dude, guys, I'm telling you, Ghostbusters is GOTY."
"Yeah, my girlfriend isn't coming over till 3 AM."
"What? The ebay code seller has negative feedback? Nah, man, he's cool."

[quote name='seanr1221']Hey Plume, out of curiosity, I looked at my account and I have renewal turned off. I clicked on the link that is supposed to lead you to where it turns on, and it just brings you to where you can buy more xbox live. How would you even turn it on if you wanted to? (not that I want to, but it seems like it's messed up).[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure how you'd turn it on. I do know that it'll list Account renewal status on the left side on the Account Management page, I think.

Plus, I have not used a CC to renew my subscription in a very long time. (I had incidents with Juggers buying XBL points and don't even want a CC anywhere near XBL.)

I still have one of the 10 or so $25 Coke card that I won laying around here somewhere. I may try one of those before biting the bullet and using a real CC (since I have no idea when Juggers will be back...)

[quote name='seanr1221']You can have no CC linked to your XBL account?[/QUOTE]

Well, by that I mean no active one. The one I have listed I lost and had replaced, so it can't be charged.

I had no idea newshosting's retention was so long now. Just recently extended it apparently, close to giganews' now.

Okay...WTF? I used a Coke card, it worked and was charged...and then it tells me my membership expires in 5 days? I put in my 1 month pre-paid card, and I'm good until 8/11?

So...what did I just get billed $8 for?

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Wow, someone finally silenced that douchebag CoffeeEdge.[/QUOTE]
Awesome. What did he get silenced for?

EDIT: Malik too? This just keeps getting better and better. :)

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Still no code for Braid. Seanr scammed me. :([/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Well, by that I mean no active one. The one I have listed I lost and had replaced, so it can't be charged.[/QUOTE]

That's your problem. Someone in the GGT had this issue and couldn't put a regular code in until they paid for whatever the renewal was, I believe. Sucks that they were at the "yearly renewal" so MS wanted $50 to activate the live account before the codes could be applied... at least I think it's something like that -- zew was at least commenting on it at the time, I think, so maybe he remembers better, but it seems like you're in the same situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back