Gamestop "Huge Savings" USED StopWatch Sale - ONLINE

poker360

Banned
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/usedoffer/

******ONLINE ONLY *********
** Remember Use CAG 16 + EDGE FOR AN EXTRA 26% OFF**

there are some good deals on some good games..
Hope this hasn't been posted, i looked and didn't see this current sale..
Text list is coming up...:

:wii:Wii
Super Mario Galaxy - 29.99
Guitar Hero World Tour - 24.99

:360:Xbox 360
MLB 2k8 - 9.99
Pure - 29.99
Gta IV - 24.99
Devil May Cry 4 - 14.99

:ps3:PS3
Soul Calibur IV - 19.99
Fallout 3 - 29.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - 19.99
GTA IV - 19.99
Condemned 2 - 9.99
MLB 2k8 - 9.99

:ds:DS
Guitar Hero On tour - 19.99
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Darkness - 19.99

:ps2:PS2
Guitar Hero World tour - 29.99
Guitar Hero 3 - 9.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop is going all out with these sales. Looks like they may end up with a great quarter if they get enough traffic.

It's understandable. This is shaping up to be another huge holiday, so I can see why they would want to get rid of as much old stock as possible.

Nothing here for me though. "huge" indeed.

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm seeing 16 games. Is that "huge". Op couldn't list the 16 titles[/QUOTE]

Excuse me?

the games say they are "hand picked" with instructions and art, I've never seen that notice on gamestop before, hopefully a new trend

[quote name='shadowkast']I'm seeing 16 games. Is that "huge". Op couldn't list the 16 titles[/QUOTE]

[quote name='poker360']Excuse me?[/QUOTE]
ha...maybe you were in the middle of editing it, sorry. Great job and thanx but nothing for me.

Most of these have been as cheap or cheaper new, if you've kept your eyes open, over the last few months... I don't really see this as being that great. (not to thread crap, just don't think these are spectacular deals-- there are some good ones (GTA, Mario) but it's nothing to get overly excited about IMO)

I *DO* like the idea of guaranteeing box and manual as that's why I refuse to order used games online-- they usually come (my normal luck) in a generic case with macaroni and cheese smothered on them or something. Yes, GS is fairly good about sending replacements but it's a PITA.

Don't forget to use SAVER as well if you're ordering something. I got Super Mario Galaxy for $24.26 after tax with free shipping. Awesome :D Been wanting that game since release.

Never purchased from gamestop online before. Does the "no tax with store credit" apply there as well? I'm at checkout but the tax is still showing up.

[quote name='allyourblood']i wish Galaxy was $20. i wanna play that game again.[/QUOTE]

With CAG16 and edge card its around $24 free shipping (still tax) not to bad if you dont have a blockbuster around that has any used/new

[quote name='poker360']http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/usedoffer/

******ONLINE ONLY *********
** Remember Use CAG 16 + EDGE FOR AN EXTRA 26% OFF**

there are some good deals on some good games..
Text list is coming up...:

:360:Xbox 360
MLB 2k8 - 9.99

:ps3:PS3
MLB 2k8 - 9.99
[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, not that his isnt a good deal, but you can snag the x360 copy of MLB2k9 this week for $13.30 w/ the 20% off coupon and EDGE card savings. :)

[quote name='hothitter']Just a heads up, not that his isnt a good deal, but you can snag the x360 copy of MLB2k9 this week for $13.30 w/ the 20% off coupon and EDGE card savings. :)[/QUOTE]

And just as a heads up, MLK2k9 at any price is not a good deal ;)

[quote name='elessar123']And just as a heads up, MLK2k9 at any price is not a good deal ;)[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that game is NOT user-friendly, the gameplay is weird, and it just sucks. Picked it up for 19.99 at Gamestop - played it for a day - then sold it to some poor eBayer... XD

signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

Never ordered from Gamestop.com before because I heard used games may not come with case/manual but took advantage of this because of the notice on the bottom that the case/manual is guaranteed.

Got GTA IV (PS3) and Soul Calibur IV (PS3) for $33.16 shipped after CAG16, Edge, and Savers. I couldn't find GTA IV during the blockbuster sale and I couldn't find SC IV during the Best Buy sale so getting these for under $17 each made me happy!

Thanks OP for the heads up! YOU THE MAN!!!!!!

I may have grabbed a game or two out of these games, but I will never buy a used game through GS/EB online. They rarely ever come with the original case & manual and I never buy a used game unless it's complete. I'm not going to pay for just a disc in a ugly, generic case.

[quote name='Kush']I may have grabbed a game or two out of these games, but I will never buy a used game through GS/EB online. They rarely ever come with the original case & manual and I never buy a used game unless it's complete. I'm not going to pay for just a disc in a ugly, generic case.[/QUOTE]

As discussed in a few posts back, the most exciting part of this sale is the hope that GS is now INCLUDING case and manual on "hand-picked" games

[quote name='caltab']the games say they are "hand picked" with instructions and art, I've never seen that notice on gamestop before, hopefully a new trend[/QUOTE]

[quote name='funkflexmctough']As discussed in a few posts back, the most exciting part of this sale is the hope that GS is now INCLUDING case and manual on "hand-picked" games[/QUOTE]

That was the kicker for me. I would have never took a chance if they didn't state that. GS better not screw me over.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']As discussed in a few posts back, the most exciting part of this sale is the hope that GS is now INCLUDING case and manual on "hand-picked" games[/QUOTE]Maybe it's just me, but I'm not willing to believe that this statement is true...I would not be surprised to hear a lot of people receiving the usual generic cases instead of the actual case and manual, but that's just me.

if you don't have FO3 or GTAIV i would def recommend.

Especially Fallout, I NEVER pay full price for games but if I did for that game I wouldn't be disappointed.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Never purchased from gamestop online before. Does the "no tax with store credit" apply there as well? I'm at checkout but the tax is still showing up.[/QUOTE]
Could somebody answer this question please.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Could somebody answer this question please.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, no. I'm 99% sure that you still pay tax when using store credit online. Which is why I never order online.

[quote name='mkernan']Unfortunately, no. I'm 99% sure that you still pay tax when using store credit online. Which is why I never order online.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I figured that was probably the case. Of course, we can't get the CAG 16 credit in store either. They get you either way.

[quote name='Kush']I may have grabbed a game or two out of these games, but I will never buy a used game through GS/EB online. They rarely ever come with the original case & manual and I never buy a used game unless it's complete. I'm not going to pay for just a disc in a ugly, generic case.[/QUOTE]

During the last B2G1 free sale I decided, on a whim, to pick up 12 original Xbox games. None of them -- none -- were complete, none had manuals, none were in their original Xbox cases, and only 2 of the 12 were in a DVD case with the original artwork. Needless to say I would never, ever buy another used game from them...I returned the whole order to a local store and got my cash back.

I hope it turns out to be true that these particular used titles come "complete," but I wouldn't waste my time with them. At least when you order from a place like Secondspin 99% of the discs are complete and in good condition on top of it.

The case and Manual Guarantee is scary.. just means in store they'll have all the "No Manual, No Coverart Copies... ewwww..

Note that the exact wording says:

This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box and instruction manual.

This is a pre-owned game that has been handpicked to be in the best condition and is guaranteed to have the original art and instructions.

Note that it says "a box" which may or may not be the original box.

Nevertheless, I am sorely tempted to order Fallout 3, just to encourage GS to have more online sales with artwork/instructions guaranteed.

Okay, ordered it. $22 with free shipping; awesome. Hope this leads to more online deals like this one. It's the first time I've ordered something used from them online since the merger.

It may not be the original box, but it comes with the artwork and manual. Basically, it is a box very similar to the one it originally came in and includes what it came with new.

i find this really interesting:

"This is a pre-owned game that has been handpicked to be in the best condition and is guaranteed to have the original art and instructions."

really? this is gamestop? wow... :eek:

Oof, this is too tempting. I picked up Fallout 3: Collector's Edition for the PC right when it came out, because, well, I love the Fallout universe and didn't have a PS3 then. Now this deal comes out . . .

So, the question is, even though I have the game for the PC, should I go for it and shell out cash for the PS3 version? :whistle2:# So tempting . . .

bread's done
Back