*Wal-Mart* RockBand2 Drum Kit (PS3,Wii,360) $35 + GH LesPaul Guitar PS3 $15 B&M YMMV

steveliv

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
At several Wal-Mart's in my area, they have had the RB2 Wireless Drum Kits on clearance for awhile. They started around $110, then dropped to $50, and now they are $35.00. I bought one for the PS3. It works great on Rock Band 1, as i don't have RB2 yet. Check your local Wal-Mart back in the electronics section for this pretty good deal. Good Luck :)

update: there are also Guitar Hero Wireless Les Paul Guitars for $15.00 each as well at the local walmart

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember someone mentioning how Wal-Mart clearances are now universal (or at least after the worker puts the new prices in). So this might not be YMMV... Will check it out! Thanks.

This would be just what I need, seeing as how I already have a Guitar Hero 2 guitar that I got super cheap on clearance a while back, and was hoping to eventually get one of these and a cheap copy of Rock Band 2 so I could get pretty much the full Rock Band experience on a broke college student budget.

Here are the UPC's for those in the know:

:360:

:ps3:

Edit:

How could I forget about the Wii? ;)

:wii:

[quote name='steveliv']At several Wal-Mart's in my area, they have had the RB2 Wireless Drum Kits on clearance for awhile. They started around $110, then dropped to $50, and now they are $35.00. I bought one for the PS3. It works great on Rock Band 1, as i don't have RB2 yet. Check your local Wal-Mart back in the electronics section for this pretty good deal. Good Luck :)[/QUOTE]

what is your area?

[quote name='Chronis']I remember someone mentioning how Wal-Mart clearances are now universal (or at least after the worker puts the new prices in). So this might not be YMMV... Will check it out! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

when did you hear this mentioned? Walmart is known as the king of YMMV

[quote name='turls']For 360,

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10238316

Of course once things are on clearance I don't think the store search works well. Nothing supposedly within 100 miles of me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I am in the same boat. Says nothing within a 100 miles radius for me too. I dont need them (have RB1 drums) but would love wireless and ability to add cymbals though.

i live in North Augusta, SC. but i have seen them in several wal-marts. after i purchased mine, there were two 360 sets, 1 ps3 set, and 1 wii set left.

i'm willing to procure a set for anyone at cost, but shipping might be a deal killer...

walmarts inventory trackers is notoriously out of date sometimes... i just checked my zip (29841) and it says there is nothing. i believe clearance items may not appear in the inventory list.

Would have been great if there were any 100 miles away. I'm positive there actually are, but the same message comes up no matter what, just because its on clearance.

It's the perfect price for me though. About time this is finally dropping in cost.

[quote name='steveliv']i live in North Augusta, SC. but i have seen them in several wal-marts. after i purchased mine, there were two 360 sets, 1 ps3 set, and 1 wii set left.

i'm willing to procure a set for anyone at cost, but shipping might be a deal killer...

walmarts inventory trackers is notoriously out of date sometimes... i just checked my zip (29841) and it says there is nothing. i believe clearance items may not appear in the inventory list.[/QUOTE]

wonder how much it would be for shipping?

if you want to find out go to usps.com postage price calculator. http://postcalc.usps.gov/
choose large package, the origin zip code is 29801, the box is 16lbs. dimension are about 30x12x15 (this is for a complete rock band 2 set, so the drum only set would be a bit smaller)

from here to Los Angeles, CA is $22 for parcel post.

[quote name='steveliv']At several Wal-Mart's in my area, they have had the RB2 Wireless Drum Kits on clearance for awhile. They started around $110, then dropped to $50, and now they are $35.00. I bought one for the PS3. It works great on Rock Band 1, as i don't have RB2 yet. Check your local Wal-Mart back in the electronics section for this pretty good deal. Good Luck :)[/QUOTE]

Was the same price at the Madisonville KY Walmart. I stopped in on saturday on the way back from TN and noticed them but only seen 2 for 360. They had some for other systems but I didn't look at them.

Even if you have a perfectly good set of RB1 drums, you shouldn't pass this up. The RB2 drums are way better.

the last time we had friends over, there was a bit of tripping over the drum set wires. this is what made me want to get the wireless drums. now i need to get rock band 2, i'm just waiting for it to drop in price just a tad, or at least wait until the next buy 2 get 1 free over at gamestop...

i checked my local walmart and they had the rb 2 drums but it had a 75.00 price tag and the woman behind the counter gave me a weird look when I asked if they were on sale/clearance. She looked it up on the computer and found zero in all surrounding walmart loc. No luck here so far.
Now if I can somehow convince them to sell me the drums for the 35.00 clearance price I would be set.

[quote name='squishface'] Now if I can somehow convince them to sell me the drums for the 35.00 clearance price I would be set.[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, walmart will only match the prices of its competitors. it does not consider walmart.com or other walmart stores competitors, and thus will not match their prices.

I want drums so i can finally pick up GH Metallica. But i don't think i would get the full experience with RB2 drums.

Anyone have any experience using RB2 drums with GH games?

[quote name='Japakneez']I want drums so i can finally pick up GH Metallica. But i don't think i would get the full experience with RB2 drums.

Anyone have any experience using RB2 drums with GH games?[/QUOTE]

the drums work fine with Guitar Hero World Tour, i don't see why you would have any problems with GH Metallica, except for the expert plus mode which requires two drum pedals...

Wow. I'll have to check my local walmart at lunch, although a lot of these things we don't usually get here in BFE. I've been waiting for some sort of deal on a drum kit for the Wii since GH:WT came out.

Of course, it should be called Your Mileage WILL vary.

My Wal-Mart had them for sale alright, for the bargain basement price of $70.

I'm in the same boat Zimmy, I've been to one so far today and it had a price tag of 70.00. I'm heading to another one to check the price because calling them does no good. A worker at the first walmart was standing about 10ft from the boxes telling me that they were soldout and were a walmart.com item only when she looked it up on the computer.
I wonder how long it will take them to mark down the kits from 70 to 35?
I would like to play me some gh world tour with the drums. If they are all compatible with each other. I hope

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='steveliv']the last time we had friends over, there was a bit of tripping over the drum set wires. this is what made me want to get the wireless drums. now i need to get rock band 2, i'm just waiting for it to drop in price just a tad, or at least wait until the next buy 2 get 1 free over at gamestop...[/QUOTE]

Try having a 1 year old going back and forth over the wires. That's even more fun.

[quote name='Frogurt.man']My dead RB2 drums say otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you got a bad set? Ok everyone, these drums suck and they all need to be destroyed.

Posted this in the Walmart YMMV thread a while back, but no one showed interest. The drums, and even the entire clearance section, disappeared in a matter of days at my local Walmart.

Seriously, they even took the racks out and put in cardboard displays for usb drives, headphones, etc.

[quote name='Keyboard Cowboy']Posted this in the Walmart YMMV thread a while back, but no one showed interest. The drums, and even the entire clearance section, disappeared in a matter of days at my local Walmart.

Seriously, they even took the racks out and put in cardboard displays for usb drives, headphones, etc.[/QUOTE]

Those mega-threads get way too convoluted to easily check on a regular basis, IMO.

Damn, I was just about to go buy a $90 set. But I doubt any Wal-Marts in my area have these. I NEED a drumset, and I've already been through 2 RB1 sets. :bomb:

[quote name='Zimmy']Of course, it should be called Your Mileage WILL vary.

My Wal-Mart had them for sale alright, for the bargain basement price of $70.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='steveliv']if your walmart is at $70.00, then you are one price drop away from $35[/QUOTE]They went from 100 to 70 to 50 here, so probably 2 drops, but who knows with walmart. Of course, that was for PS3/PS2/Wii sets as they didn't have the 360 ones. I think local CAGs got all of the ones that were there though. There was another accessory that kept dropping at the same time as the drums that I may have to go check on. That reminds me I still haven't played the $10 SOCOM I got when I found the drums on sale before. Headset works great though!

[quote name='Japakneez']I want drums so i can finally pick up GH Metallica. But i don't think i would get the full experience with RB2 drums.

Anyone have any experience using RB2 drums with GH games?[/QUOTE]

Not any good ones, honestly. It turns the GH drum charts into a four lane highway. You still hit the same amount of notes, but the organization of the chart doesn't translate very well. Play GH games with GH drums, I honestly have the best experience with GH games using those. For a game like Metallica, I wouldn't say you'd get the full experience, especially with all those fast beats. You really can't blame either company being that the games/peripherals just were not custom made to not work with each other.

[quote name='CheapAssAsian']damn, so far only the OP was able to score a kit w/ this deal?[/QUOTE]

i guess each walmart is in a different stage of clearance, i have personally watched the drum sets get lower and lower, and at $35 i couldn't pass it up. i really hope the prices keep dropping at everyone elses stores. i checked again today and there was still 2 360 drum sets, 2 wii sets, and 1 ps2/ps3 set at my local walmart.

i've been to a couple walmarts recently, and tend to see the same thing... all guitar hero and rock band stuff on sale/clearance for wii and ps3 only... 360 stuff is either still full price or just slightly lower than regular price. even a guitar hero 2 bundle.

[quote name='steveliv']i guess each walmart is in a different stage of clearance, i have personally watched the drum sets get lower and lower, and at $35 i couldn't pass it up. i really hope the prices keep dropping at everyone elses stores. i checked again today and there was still 2 360 drum sets, 2 wii sets, and 1 ps2/ps3 set at my local walmart.[/QUOTE]

ive yet to check my local walmart. i really need a drum kit, my rb1 kit is all cracked up and broken :cry:

did anyone by any chance check out the walmarts in/around the Los angeles area?

[quote name='CheapAssAsian']anyone else had any luck w/ this deal?[/QUOTE]

No luck down here, still priced as they were weeks ago.

Website said none within 100 miles, but I just called one and they are $75. He said they have been there for months. Stuff never reaches low clearance around here. I really need another kit, but $75 is too much for these wireless drums.

[quote name='speedrunner17']Website said none within 100 miles, but I just called one and they are $75. He said they have been there for months. Stuff never reaches low clearance around here. I really need another kit, but $75 is too much for these wireless drums.[/QUOTE]

i guess the OP just got lucky with this deal. i hear ya man, i really need another kit too but $75 is too much. i guess ill just have to wait and settle for the beatles rock band bundle.

bread's done
Back