Feedback
1 (100%)
Just posted on their twitter account.
Looks like a $60 price drop

:360: Xbox 360
:ps3: PS3
:wii: Wii

EDIT:
[quote name='Timodi']I don't know how recent it is, but Bestbuy.com has it for the same price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UncleBob']RB2 Bundles should be $99 in-store at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jpw21683']...deal is now live in-store @ Gamestop![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang - bought at $139 just a few weeks ago. Did get 50% off, but still. 50% off of $100 would have been better. Boo hoo!

Wow thats awesome. Hopefully the game itself drops down a lot. I've spent 100's on downloadable songs but they still sell ROCK BAND 2 for $60, it's unbelievable. If I had extra money, or didn't have my Rock Band 1 Drums, I'd definitely get this.

Argh, this kills me. I still haven't had time to even open RB2 from the TRU misprint/offer last October or November! I think I paid $120 at BB but didnt PM the gift card...ah well. I'm done buying accessory-based music games.

Great price drop though!

I'm so tempted on this, all I really NEED are the drums, though. That said I feel like I could sell the game and/or guitar and come out way ahead.

How is the RB2 guitar compared to the RB1? I hate the RB1 guitar, the GHIII Les Paul is my favorite, if that provides any real comparison.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm so tempted on this, all I really NEED are the drums, though. That said I feel like I could sell the game and/or guitar and come out way ahead.

How is the RB2 guitar compared to the RB1? I hate the RB1 guitar, the GHIII Les Paul is my favorite, if that provides any real comparison.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how it compares as I never had the RB1 version, but I really like the RB2 guitar. Not everyone does, though. It doesn't "click", and I actually really like that (I certainly play no worse, and perhaps better, and you hear the music instead of the click), plus it is very solid feeling. Lastly it has the feature that lets you automatically set the timing adjustments, which itself is a worthy feature.

I decided to send amazon an email to see if they would refund me the difference. I only ordered 9 days ago. Maybe they'll give me the difference. Maybe not. Either way I'm happy with a good deal, but getting $20 back (I ordered with 50% off coupon) would be even better!

Wow, awesome about BB, this might work well for the RZ Premier Silver $10 GC with $75 purchase deal... anyone know if BB considers Rock Band 2 "Game hardware"?

Dang, I bought it used (RB2 PS3) 2 weeks ago for $65. Although I also picked up the Genesis Collection off the guy (found him on Craigslist) for $5 which I flipped for a $15 profit. The set was like new and has played perfectly . . . still I was dying to get this new for $100 (or $90 after ECA).

This is perfect for those looking to do Beatles RB in Sept.

It's in Best Buy stores at $99, too. Just scored one. They had old price tags up, so this is definitely new.

Interesting Deal. This is making me reconsider my pre-order for Beatles Rock Band LE. I could order this with ECA and Amazon credit and the $30 off coupon and save my 50% off coupon for something else (TE Stick or G25). Beatles Rock band is $250 and from what I can tell there arent any major improvements to the instruments. If anyone has info on differences between the RB2 intstruments and the Beatles RB stuff that would justify $100 difference, please post.

Cool but why are there never sales on the RB2 drums? There are some points where the price on the drums and the whole band bundle are just about the same price (including now). Those drums never seem to drop and that's what most people are looking for.

I guess I'm going to get them. My friend is going to buy the game from me for $30. Now what am I going to do with the guitar? All I want is the drums.

I did not think the 360 version would sell out. I guess I just assumed this was a price drop. Prob better this way since I really don't need to spend $90...

[quote name='nosajs']where are you / did you get the 50% coupon from?[/QUOTE]

From the last Amazon Trade in promo. It was trade in $50 worth of games and get a 50% off coupon.

[quote name='crunchewy']Dang - bought at $139 just a few weeks ago. Did get 50% off, but still. 50% off of $100 would have been better. Boo hoo![/QUOTE]

Same thing here, ah well.

Besides having BB credit/gift cards, why would anyone purchase from BB over Amazon? I mean tax alone (depending on your state) would kill it for me, not to mention a majority of us being able to use our ECA memberships.

I've also found Amazon to have faster free shipping than Best Buy's.

Got my 50% off code last week and just never got around to buying Rock band 2 with it at $139. Now I just bought it for $50! Dumb Luck but I will take it.

I like the idea of buying from BB in case of defective/damaged instruments... just easier to return it than go through the RMA process. Plus with RZ certs/coupons/etc it's fairly close to a wash in terms of cost.

(It looks like Amazon just sold out of 360 bundles, it's not that the price is back up, it's being sold through Target now)

Hmhmm..Now which to choose Rockband 2? or Guitar Hero World Tour? GHWT Has more pads. Butt, RB2 has a better layout. Which one, Which one.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']back to $160/QUOTE]

seems like the price only went up cause they ran out of stock.

currently being sold by Target.

[quote name='JSReaper212']Hmhmm..Now which to choose Rockband 2? or Guitar Hero World Tour? GHWT Has more pads. Butt, RB2 has a better layout. Which one, Which one.[/QUOTE]

*IMO* stay the fuck away from GH drums. they suck....bad *IMO*

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Besides having BB credit/gift cards, why would anyone purchase from BB over Amazon? I mean tax alone (depending on your state) would kill it for me, not to mention a majority of us being able to use our ECA memberships.

I've also found Amazon to have faster free shipping than Best Buy's.[/QUOTE]

If someone is Premier Silver and can get this price in store while using their $10 gift card w/$75 purchase coupon this week, that would take care of the tax difference. And I doubt either's shipping is faster than the trunk of my car.

[quote name='JSReaper212']Hmhmm..Now which to choose Rockband 2? or Guitar Hero World Tour? GHWT Has more pads. Butt, RB2 has a better layout. Which one, Which one.[/QUOTE]

Either are great, but the GH drums are FAR sturdier than Rb's from my experience. They also feel more like drums.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']*IMO* stay the fuck away from GH drums. they suck....bad *IMO*[/QUOTE]

I prefer the GHWT drums. Sturdier, cymbals are very responsive and the pads have a good bounce/rebound on them.

[quote name='XTommyDonX']Either are great, but the GH drums are FAR sturdier than Rb's from my experience. They also feel more like drums.[/QUOTE]

No argument at all there, they definatly feel better and are built sturdier, my issue was sensitivity, even with the neat MIDI-USB adapter they send you, its still off. And its not just mine, other people that have it have similar problems.

Ugh, all I'm really considering are some new drums to replace my beat up RB1 set. I don't know what I'd do with the rest of the instruments, and I don't know if I'd just be better off getting the ions with my 50% off code.

[quote name='cmarkham04']what are the chances of gamestop putting it on sale at this price?[/QUOTE]

GS is the king of "we'll put it on sale for new MSRP 1-2 weeks before the actual drop" so I'm surprised they didn't do that this time.

are the Beatles instruments (specifically drums & guitar) supposed to be significantly better or just incremental?

Since I recently purchased Rock Band 1 game used along with Rock Band 2 wireless guitar, I'll stop myself from buying this. However I'm willing to buy Rock Band 2 (PS3) game sealed from anyone who's willing to sell it. I don't think I'll ever use the other instruments.

[quote name='gantt']are the Beatles instruments (specifically drums & guitar) supposed to be significantly better or just incremental?[/QUOTE]

just incremental as far as the drums go. the guitars i think are just made to look cool but thats about it.

can anyone confirm if the BB deal is online only?!

I've been checking GameStop's site for this, as I've got some credit there to spend.

As of right now, the search results page shows the special editions for $99.99. However, the actual item pages (360/PS3/Wii) are still showing $139.99. I have a feeling they'll be updating shortly.

Not available for purchase online, so you'll hafta check with your local stores. I'll be heading there during lunch, and report back with what I find.

I'm really torn on buying this and the regular RB:Beatles instead of the LE Beatles set. At this price you could buy RB2SE and the Regular Beatles for $155 vs $250 for the LE Beatles. The frustrating thing is I can't find anything out regarding the "additional special content" that is supposed to come with the Limited Edition Beatles set. I'm a big Beatles fan but it's hard to justify $100 for aesthetics alone. That said, if the LE schwag is cool enough, I just might bite.

bread's done
Back