Feedback
1 (100%)
Just posted on their twitter account.
Looks like a $60 price drop

:360: Xbox 360
:ps3: PS3
:wii: Wii

EDIT:
[quote name='Timodi']I don't know how recent it is, but Bestbuy.com has it for the same price.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='UncleBob']RB2 Bundles should be $99 in-store at Walmart.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jpw21683']...deal is now live in-store @ Gamestop![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sauron07']I'm a big Beatles fan but it's hard to justify $100 for aesthetics alone.[/QUOTE]

That and a mic stand. I went the RB2SE+Beatles regular route, though I bought the SE when it was $139.99 (but with 50% off coupon). Plus I can play RB2 now, otherwise I'd be waiting until Beatles before I could play.

Shoot, I really only need the guitar. I'm not sure if this is new or not, but I saw Amazon has GHWT for $100 on Wii and PS3, $95 on 360, and $90 on PS2.

Back in stock on Amazon for 360 and PS3. Picked up the 360 version for $90 after ECA and Prime.

EDIT - Looks like its gone again on 360.

For those who have the Rock Band 2 drums, how easy are they to store? Do they do a quick fold up or something, or is it a pain to get them disassembled for storage? I live in a small apartment, so it is an issue, after what I heard about the Guitar Hero World Tour set I decided to pass on that brand of drums.

Oh, and I would get the xbox 360 brand.

[quote name='sauron07']I'm really torn on buying this and the regular RB:Beatles instead of the LE Beatles set. At this price you could buy RB2SE and the Regular Beatles for $155 vs $250 for the LE Beatles. The frustrating thing is I can't find anything out regarding the "additional special content" that is supposed to come with the Limited Edition Beatles set. I'm a big Beatles fan but it's hard to justify $100 for aesthetics alone. That said, if the LE schwag is cool enough, I just might bite.[/QUOTE]

I got in on the Amazon trade-in $50 worth of games and get a half off coupon . . . after my credit, ECA, discount, free shipping and no tax . . . I'm at $55. Otherwise, I'd get this and just add the Beatles game. I picked up RB2 to practice and to get an extra guitar and mic.

[quote name='richdmoore']For those who have the Rock Band 2 drums, how easy are they to store? Do they do a quick fold up or something, or is it a pain to get them disassembled for storage?]

While they are a lot easier to move around compared to the RB1 set e(specially now that you can pick the whole thing up to move and the foot pedal doesn't fall off), it doesn't fold at all and dissassembly would be too time consuming IMHO. If you don't have a corner to stick it in, take a look at the Mad Catz portable drum pad.
EG

[quote name='richdmoore']For those who have the Rock Band 2 drums, how easy are they to store? Do they do a quick fold up or something, or is it a pain to get them disassembled for storage? I live in a small apartment, so it is an issue, after what I heard about the Guitar Hero World Tour set I decided to pass on that brand of drums.

Oh, and I would get the xbox 360 brand.[/QUOTE]

While they are a lot easier to move around compared to the RB1 set (especially now that you can pick the whole thing up to move and the foot pedal doesn't fall off), it doesn't fold at all and dissassembly would be too time consuming IMHO. If you don't have a corner to stick it in, take a look at the Mad Catz portable drum pad.
EG

Is this deal in store? or online only? It doesn't have store pick up available online, or the ability to check stock in store.

[quote name='Jon_Danger']Is this deal in store? or online only? It doesn't have store pick up available online, or the ability to check stock in store.[/QUOTE]

I believe so, see post #19.

[quote name='Jon_Danger']Is this deal in store? or online only? It doesn't have store pick up available online, or the ability to check stock in store.[/QUOTE]

Was in a couple BB stores yesterday. I only look at 360, but one store had the SE labeled at $99.99, another did not. I would guess it would have rung up $99.99 at both, but that's just a guess.

I see Fry's also has it on ad at $99 today. Going by all these reports, seems like this could be the new street price.

Looks like I'll be trading in a few games (peripherals) and picking it up at gamestop.
Got one on hold for me. I'll have enough in credit that it won't cost me any money "out of pocket".
Anybody who's interested in the Mad Catz portable pads, let me know. I won't need mine anymore once I get the RB2 set.

is this game more enjoyable when you got friends playing along with you, or is the single player just as fun?

I usually only play alone. And I enjoy it just fine.
However, it really is a great party game. You can quickly lose track of time.

I am amazed at how quickly my leg gets tired from drumming. And how hot I get as well. Seems like a pretty good work out.

May I ask a stupid question? Since Rock Band and Guitar Hero release new instraments similar to Madden releasing a new "game" every year, doesn't it make the older versions pretty much outdated?

And I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm asking a serious question. The last music game I bought was Guitar Hero III. I'd love to have a standard set of instraments and then buy the latest game every year but I guess Madden -uh, I mean EA wouldn't allow that.

The instruments stay pretty much compatible. They may add some little tweaks here and there but you are still able to mostly play the game.

No they still work. They may not have some new feature or something, but the basic functionality is still there. The first rock band drums will still work just fine for example. The newest GH guitar has a slider on it, but it isn't absolutely necessary to play.

[quote name='Haggar']May I ask a stupid question? Since Rock Band and Guitar Hero release new instraments similar to Madden releasing a new "game" every year, doesn't it make the older versions pretty much outdated?

And I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm asking a serious question. The last music game I bought was Guitar Hero III. I'd love to have a standard set of instraments and then buy the latest game every year but I guess Madden -uh, I mean EA wouldn't allow that.[/QUOTE]

If you've been following things, with the download model it sounds like it isn't as important to the RB folks to follow this once-a-year model anymore. And they aren't technically doing that this year anyway (Beatles doesn't really count since those are more niche instruments).

So if you've waited this long and all you have is GH3, you don't even have drums. This is a perfect time to buy, and the GH3 guitars are fine with RB2. You need an extra guitar anyway if you only have one.

[quote name='Jintty']is this game more enjoyable when you got friends playing along with you, or is the single player just as fun?[/QUOTE]

i find it fun playing alone too
but nothing beats multiplayer

i bite on this deal with eca discount.

i already have rock band 2 and a ion drum rocker set so i'll be selling the game and drums.

i'll keep the guitar because i like it better than the wired version, and i'll also be holding on to the mic for when the beatles game comes out. i have an extra RB1 guitar [ never used ] that i'll be selling also.

it would be nice if i could break even, but probably not.

price dropped down by $10

RB2 is now $89.98

i just ordered this 3 days ago, anyone know if Amazon will adjust the price if i email them?

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']priced drop down by $10

RB2 is now $89.98

i just ordered this 3 days ago, anyone know if Amazon will adjust the price if i email them?[/QUOTE]

I'd call, as I've had better experience getting PA this way.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i bite on this deal with eca discount.

i already have rock band 2 and a ion drum rocker set so i'll be selling the game and drums.

i'll keep the guitar because i like it better than the wired version, and i'll also be holding on to the mic for when the beatles game comes out. i have an extra RB1 guitar [ never used ] that i'll be selling also.

it would be nice if i could break even, but probably not.[/QUOTE]
I'll buy the game and drums for $60 shipped if you're interested PM me.

[quote name='Jintty']is this game more enjoyable when you got friends playing along with you, or is the single player just as fun?[/QUOTE]

I'd say the single player is just as fun, but having a full band is pretty awesome.

Sucks when all your friends blow at the game though.

if anyone bought the bundles for the xbox360 but are looking to unload the game somewhere, please shoot me a PM i'll be glad to buy the game (new) from you!

I'm really glad I picked this up.
I've always preferred using the GH guitar, because I didn't like the squishy RB strum bar.
But the RB2 strum bar is awesome. I LOVE no hearing that annoying CLICK so vocal with the GH guitars. Now I can even play at night, and not wake my wife up to the click. I actually used to prefer headphones, because the Click would screw up my rhythm, but now, sweet, No click. Thank you RB2.

Wow, great deal, especially when Amazon had it for $90 and free shipping(though lame NY tax makes it a $8 less of a deal). I'm also really surprised how fast the Super Saver shipping was, it only took like 2 days.

Instruments work fine so far, really impressed with how well constructed all the instruments are. The guitar looks extra classy, feels great, and the drums seem quite sturdy and responsive. I'll be using these for many music games to come.

Thankfully the guitar now works with GH.
What a cluster "F" that was back in the days when we needed a flow chart to show which guitars work with which games, and for which consoles.

Now if we can just get them to finally allow the LIPS mics to work.

Wonder if they dropped the price to clear out stock or if they'll continue to make these bundles until Rock Band 3 comes out.

I'd have to assume they are clearing out the shelves for RB beatles.
I'm guessing soon you will only be able to get RB2se by ordering online.
No retailer has enough room to carry RB2se, and RBbeatles.
Nor GHWT and GH5.

Yeah that makes sense. I still see the original RB bundles floating around at my Best Buy so I'm guessing stores may still have some next summer (possibly discounted even further to clear more inventory).

The bundles are $99.99 at Toys R Us too. They have the sale running until 09/05. I just got mine today for $103.xx. Awesome! Anyone need a brand new wireless Rock Band 2 guitar for 360? Let me know!

[quote name='sunnysky']I'm really glad I picked this up.
I've always preferred using the GH guitar, because I didn't like the squishy RB strum bar.
But the RB2 strum bar is awesome. I LOVE no hearing that annoying CLICK so vocal with the GH guitars. Now I can even play at night, and not wake my wife up to the click. I actually used to prefer headphones, because the Click would screw up my rhythm, but now, sweet, No click. Thank you RB2.[/QUOTE]

Im the exact opposite. I need to hear the click sound. It keeps me on ryhthm. Playing songs like Panic Attack on the RB Strat is a nightmare for me.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']The bundles are $99.99 at Toys R Us too. They have the sale running until 09/05. I just got mine today for $103.xx. Awesome! Anyone need a brand new wireless Rock Band 2 guitar for 360? Let me know![/QUOTE]

i updated OP w/ gamestop and walmart, TRU seems to be normal price on their site
lemme know if it changes or i am just missing it

thx

This is a good deal, too bad i only have 25 cents and no job.... i've never owned a Rock Band or Guitar Hero game because they're expensive for a single game and the economy is terrible. Looks like i'm gonna have to rob someone
wal-mart is the cheapest by 99 cents, but if you have a sam's club membership you can get the SE for 90$

[quote name='jpw21683']UPDATE: The item pages at GameStop.com have now been updated to $99.99. So this deal is now live in-store @ Gamestop![/QUOTE]

Gamestop's ad out today confirms that $99.99 is a price drop for them, not a sale.

Almost bought one at walmart last night but usually I only play through these games once so not that big of a deal if I own them. If I ever see it drop below 80 i'm sold.

If anyone is local (Connecticut) and is buying one of these but doesn't need the guitar, shoot me a PM and I'll probably take it off your hands

sorry for the bump....but are the rock band 2 bundles still $99? just got beatles rb at microcenter for $40

bread's done
Back